Thread: I'm gonna do it!!!!

Images

I'm gonna do it!!!!

Yo i gots some news. I'm joining the army with my lady. Went to the recuiter today and filled out the preliminary paper work.

Eddie :)
    Last edited by x[ironmonkey]; 08-04-2004 at 11:53 PM.

Eddie meh. In my opinion, it's too soon after your major life events to be making a descision like this. If I were you, I'd wait a few months then think it over again.

It's your life though, if you really want to do this, let me know so I can come see you again down there before you join up.
    formerlly x[cloud]

Images
    I agree with cloud. you're under too much emotional duress do be thinking clearly. wait a couple months then rethink it dude. Unless you have a dying urge to visit Iraq or something.
    Shit Happens. When it does, eat it

Images
    wow eddie, you in the army, haha, army sounds like it sucks, why'd you decide to do that?
    i rule

Images
    holy shit!

EDIT
    awaiting leos comment
    Last edited by Citan Uzuki; 07-18-2004 at 12:44 AM.

Images
    wow i didnt even know i knew his girl was going but dang he going too

Images

Hmmmm...

Dude...

I understand the feeling of patriotism. I was in the army as well and I will tell you right now that if you love your lady then do not do it. I don't even know if I am writing this too late. I'm going to give you a list of things that will happen when you get in.

First the Recruiter is going to pretend to be your best buddy in the whole wide world. He is going to say things like, "Hey lets go eat lunch sometime...it's my treat!"
    Next thing you know you are in a plane on your way to basic training. This will also be the last time your see your lady. She will be going to basic training somewhere else. Don’t worries, you two will write each other.

Well, you’re in basic training and after being thoroughly surprised due to what is commonly known as "Shakedown" you will either learn to be a robot and do what they tell you to do, or you will be on your way back to California due to them not being able to break you. The margin is slim on the later, meaning most everyone gets broken.

Well 3 weeks in and you finally get mail, but not only that you get to make a phone call too. Your going to break down after hearing your mom or dads voice and all your friends are going to laugh at you because you cried in the phone booth, but don't worry about it cause you get to laugh right back at them when they get on the phone.

Week 5 is going to be the saddest week in your life. You are going to be going through BRM (Basic Rifle Marksmanship) and having a blast with your newly found friends. They will be the best friends you have ever made. Sounds great right? Wrong! This is going to be the week where you receive a summons from the Highest Ranking NCO telling you that your father died due to a stroke. Yeah...with your luck recently you are going to lose a family member while attending basic. Hey it only gets worse from here. You are going to also receive an important letter from your girlfriend. Not so bad right? Wrong! This is what’s known as a "Dear John" letter. You see, by week 5 she is going to realize 1 of 4 things.

1) What the hell am I doing here?
    2) I realize that my career choice is going to lead me somewhere that you will not be able to follow, hence I am leaving you.
    3) Wow, who was that sexy beast at the BBQ? Tall! Long Curly Hair! Felt smooth to the touch! Big Man! What was his name J!G...something!
    4) A mix of all of the above.

Intermission

You will come back home due to your father dieing and realize that life sucks while you attend his funeral. You will contemplate staying home and playing video games all your life. Or you may decide to go back and finish what you started even without the love of your life.

Week 7

You are sent back to your basic training state. You don't know anyone in your new battalion and find making friends difficult. You are going to be considered an outcast in their eyes. It won't stay like this for long though just about 2 weeks.

Week 8

Graduation is upon you. This would have been better if you had graduated with your original class, alas you are not going to feel like everyone else. You are a ringer and on top of that when you notice everyone else's father giving their sons handshakes and hugs you will once again break down and everyone will feel sorry for you.

AIT (Advanced Individual Training)

This is where you actually start learning about what you will be doing for Uncle Sam. Though I already know what you will be doing. You will be flown to Ft. Benning Georgia if you aren't already there for Basic. Why are you in Georgia? Well you are in the land of the Infantry. Why are you in Infantry? Because the Recruiter told you that this was all that was left. (A lie of course). Take note that this will be the second time he’s fucked you over.
    AIT is much easier than Basic and you will adjust fine. You will make many friends here and at the end you will be given a great big surprise. They will tell you where you will be sent for the remainder of your time in the Military.
    Oh wait! You had on your contract that you were going to be stationed in Hawaii with your girlfriend...that's right...err...hate to break this too yah, but your girlfriend went to Hawaii and you are going to Iraq. Don't worry too much though because you will get a letter from her asking how you are doing and explaining that she just got married to some guy you two used to know. Yeah he’s a handsome devil that has a mouth that sings naught but the sweetest songs to her and tells her everything that every woman wants to hear…yep you guessed it…the Recruiter. This is when the bastard once again fucks you over. This is also where you finally will realize that you made the biggest mistake of your life. If you don't realize it at this point then you will by the time you take your first breath from a nerve agent floating down from the sky in the middle of some battle lost in a Desert with people that hate you for being an American Soldier.
    Good thing that happens after this is you get a nice little purple piece of cloth and metal that will rest on your chest like an ornament hanging on a small green Christmas tree. All your friends will get to see it,

Well those who sit in the first 2 rows of your funeral that is.
    "Life is like a MMO. Before life, God gives you 100 character points to place as you choose. This is why I spill on myself every time I eat." -J!GGY

Well, I don't know you very well, and I don't know your motivations.
    All I would say is that, even tho Jiggy's post is pretty stupid and not true, he does hint at one thing - you and your girl will not be see'ing much of each other while your in. So, if your thinking you two will be stationed together all the time, and everything will be ok....think again.
    OMGHI2U!

Images

heh

My brother and a few of his friends are officers in the army. I recommend against it. :P

Images
    Damn jiggy all that shit really happened to!!!! and where is your medal?? FAG

Quote Originally Posted by Citan Uzuki
    holy shit!

EDIT
    awaiting leos comment

Ha. I would like to hear if eddie has any other reason's why hes joining the army. "i'll still cut yo' ass where ever you go!"

Oh yeah I support you either way.
    Last edited by x[jerkoff]; 07-18-2004 at 07:25 PM.

Images
    Jiggy does have one thing right. You and your girl will not be stationed together. No matter what the recruiter tells you. They do lie to fill their quotas. Whatever they guarantee, make sure it is all in writing and legal. That is the only way to get what you want. I'm not gonna try and talk you out of it. having done 8 years in the Corps, i'm biased. This is a life changing step. Gl to you and make sure we know when you ship so I can hang with you again. Another BBQ at my house or a trip to chinatown again? Or both. Luv ya eddie and your girl

AIM: savage3168 ICQ: 14166525 YAHOO: xsavage949 MSN xsavage@hotmail.com

Images

x[doublefuckface]

Not true eh?

WTF are you? Some omnipresent mother fucker? No you are not...shit, stfu and pass me a doughnut. I bet you couldn't last half an hour doing some of the shit I did while I was in.

Anyways...I will tell you right now that all of what I have said in "jest" has actually happened to the very same people I went to Basic Training with. I do mean everything. Granted not all of it happened to one specific person, but that's beside the point.

I just got off the phone with monkey and told him if he is serious about this, then try to get Special Forces on his contract. You will attend all the kick ass schools that the Army has to offer and you will learn what it's like to be in the REAL Army, not the fake racist shit that you are going to join.

Take it from me bro! I was in the very same service you are joining for a total of 2 years and 3 months. Not much time it seems, but I've done shit that 98% of the people in the world will never do. The Army is a fun place and you will make the best friends of your life there. Listen to Savage and me when we say that Recruiters lie and that you and your wife will not see much of each other even with the so called "Buddy Plan".
    "Life is like a MMO. Before life, God gives you 100 character points to place as you choose. This is why I spill on myself every time I eat." -J!GGY

Images
    damn.. when do you leave meng? gotta hang out before ya go :p i was just in OC.. but i accidentally forgot me phone and plus got almost no numbers lol.. i thought about joining... something* but never did it hehe.. whats your ship out date etc?

as for whats said up above.. i know i went to the recruiters.. and basically they told me what i wanted to hear.. and i wasnt 18 at the time.. so basically thats why im not in it at this moment. ( my parents had to be talked to )

Quote Originally Posted by J!GGY
    Not true eh?

WTF are you? Some omnipresent mother fucker? No you are not...shit, stfu and pass me a doughnut. I bet you couldn't last half an hour doing some of the shit I did while I was in.
    wow.
    your dick must be extremely small for that comment.
    Do you even know what omnipresent means?
    oh. I could a fuck less what some of the shit you went through actually was.
    OMGHI2U!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by x[savage]
    No matter what the recruiter tells you. They do lie to fill their quotas. Whatever they guarantee, make sure it is all in writing and legal. That is the only way to get what you want.
    No matter what the recruiter tells you. They do lie to fill their quotas. Whatever they guarantee, make sure it is all in writing and legal. That is the only way to get what you want.
    Good luck and remember they don't own you until you sign on the dotted line so do not sign unless you get promises in writing.

Images
    Damn dude, that's a bit of a suprise. I wish you the best, and hopefully it works out for you. You'll definitely see and do a lot that you normally wouldn't. Just don't go doing any crazy fucking hero shit out there.

Let me know before you leave, I'll buy ya a beer.

People's Republik of Kalifornia in the Great US Banana Republik
    Images
    Have you thought all of this through?
    It seems kinda on the spur of the moment.

go for it, as long as you know and accept what you are getting yourself into. Most people need a kick in the butt to finaly make the next jump, we draw motivation from all sorts of places, experiences (good and bad). Do what makes you happy or what will get you that step closer to achieving your goal.

best of luck
    -Torp

lol I was in the Army and I lost my girl. I was crushed! But then you know I found a few sexy hunnies when I was in. Plus you will be able to go on leave when you get to your perminant party or AIT.

I was a 62v and later a 67n. This is a helicopter mechanic. 1 year of AIT and then I went to Fort Hood Texas. I had a lot of fun! Basic training SUCKED ASS!!! They will grind you into dust! But when your done, you will feel like a bad ass and able to tackle any situation!

Hey when you are in basic and in the gas house and pulling off your protective mask to say your social and rank, Think of me muhahahahahahahahaa

Oh another word of advise. Live on base! Don't be a dumb ass and live off base. You have everything you need on base. PX's, NCO clubs (bars) and food. And it's all free. Take out an alotment, I took out half my paycheck and sent it home to my bank, so when I got out I had over $10,000.00 in there to get me started in my own place.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information