Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge LAN Party in Dec

Smile Huge LAN Party in Dec

All of the details haven't been ironed out yet, but we will be hosting a LAN party in December. It will probably fall between Christmas and New Years. I will probably update this thread with the final date in a few days. The location is a building in San Marcos close to the Edwards (or is it Regal???) Cinema on San Marcos Blvd. If any of you can make it that would be great, because I know we'll have a great time.

This event is being thrown by myself and my boyz: Kyle Dodson (seniorquico), Sean Kennedy (Grant), Matt Unwin (xunwinx), and myself Jason Jimenez (Max Spain). You can check out our site for more info as it becomes available at www.uprisinglan.net.

btw: Unfortunately a lot of our stuff was "accidentally" deleted, so a lot of the stuff we had there is gone, but seniorquico's valiant efforts have yielded some progress in getting it back up.

as always,

31337 H4X00R R00LZ

Images
    The fellas who run this gig stopped by the LAN tonight, sliver and I talked with them a bit. I'll definitely be at their Decemeber LAN, sounds like they have their program together.

Images
    Good stuff.

It's an Edwards Cinema.

I'll see what I can do about making it, sounds like it'll be fun.

Images
    Hmmm.... I know these guys....

Hey Max Spain tell Matt and Kyle that Justin Cox says whats up!

I'll be home for that.... maybe I'll show up.

Images
    I think someone from x should go wipe shit all over their bathroom...
    x[chongo] "I love the hairy pits."

Images
    Is there going to be an age limit?
    "I'll die someday, and it won't be mythical or magical, I'll just bite into a Twinkie and fall over!"

x[misuse] I hope that you don't think that me or my friend were responsible for that crap (some pun intended). We never left the room where all u guys were playing. Whoever did that should be made to clean the toilet with their toothbrush.

Repent ye for thy sins!

People's Republik of Kalifornia in the Great US Banana Republik
    Images

Exclamation Let's get the facts straight Jason! --Kyle

Hello XClan.org.

Mi nombre es Kyle Dodson. I'm one of the admins for the UprisingLAN. Jason spoke a little too soon. We haven't quite gotten all the fine details worked out yet. Here's the skinny so far: we're holding a kickass lan in December. It's probably going to be on December 28-29. However, this date is NOT official yet. Jason just has a big mouth and wanted to spread the word before the rest of us were prepared.

It'll be at least a 24 hour LAN party. Again, not fully concrete on the fine details there. However, we are confident that everyone will have a great time. Our website was *accidentally* deleted by somebody. So I've been spending all of my free time trying to get it back up. It's a crappy website, I know, but it's all we've got. There will be some info about the event there within the week, I'm hoping.

Event Details:
    --> UprisingLAN - December ??? to ??? from ??? to ???.
    --> Location: The Movement. 1370 W. San Marcos Blvd., San Marcos, CA 92078
    --> Games: Unreal Tournament 2004, Steam (Counter-Strike, Natural Selection, Day Of Defeat), WarCraft III The Frozen Throne, Call of Duty, Battlefield Vietnam, and whatever else we feel like playing
    --> Cost: $15 Early registration; $20 at the door; Registration on a first come first server basis
    --> Capacity: We say 60, but we really mean upward from 100. We have enough network infrastructure to handle a LAN that size. We just need the gamers to actually show up!
    --> Age Limit: NONE!
    --> Food: We will be having a small BBQ, which we'll be selling food for about cost. We also run a snack bar type thingy the same way.
    --> Alcohol/Smoking policy: Not within site (because of there being no age limit!!!). Smoking is ok so long as it's far enough from the door to keep people from having to smell it while playing inside.
    --> For all other info, please visit our website. http://www.uprisinglan.net
    --> Tournament info: due to legal and licensing issues, we cannot advertise that we are holding a tournament. So, currently we are not planning on holding any tournaments. However, it is quite possible that we may think of doing one last minute. It's possible *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*.

Just to let you all know: we have ourselves one big rack. And not the kind you're thinking of. We have a custom made ethernet network with 3Com managed switch. In addition, we run several dedicated Linux/Windows game servers, web server, IRC server, VoIP server, in-game voice servers, and anything else we think is useless but cool to say we run at our LAN. We like to brag, but we have to admit that we really don't have any right to. We've got the equipment, and we've got the spirit to play, but we haven't got enough gamers to dedicate their time to an extreme LAN event.

Also to let you guys know: We're currently sponsored by nVidia, Antec, Bawls, Nibbles and Bits Computer Integrations, and Digi-Dog. We're hoping to have some nice stuff to give out (or reward for playing in our un-announced tournament).

It'd be sick to see you all there. Thanks so much to XClan for letting us post. Feel free to post anything on our (really pathetic) forum. Check out our website for all info for our LAN. Like I said earlier, it should all be running again by the end of the week. Peace.

Kyle Dodson
    UprisingLAN Lead Administrator
    seniorquico@uprisinglan.net
    http://www.uprisinglan.net

P.S. Whud up, Justin! Hope you're doin' good buddy...

P.S.S. We at the UprisingLAN don't take no shit from nobody. And if the XClan needs any assistance in kickin' some ass for the person responsible for the crap that happened at the event, just let us know. Be ye warned, UprisingLAN admins are specially trained in the ancient art of the ninja.
    Last edited by seniorquico; 10-11-2004 at 05:45 PM.

Images
    I am only kidding.

lol, dont you ladies have something better to do between xmas and new years, instead your going to play video games...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik
    lol, dont you ladies have something better to do between xmas and new years, instead your going to play video games...

what is better than playing video games?

there's getting laid, but there's time for that in the game breaks
    there's also getting drunk, but you can do that wilst playing games, doubling the fun (edit: awww no alch in this lan )

Images
    CS 1.6? Dood, that is so 4 years ago.
    Computer Specs:
    Intel Core i7 930 2.8 GHz @ 4.0GHz
    1. BCLK @ 200
    2. 1.33V
    3. Thermalright Rev C. - idle @ 35c, burn-in @ 72c

ASUS P6T V2 Deluxe
    Corsair DDR3 PC1600 2GB x 3
    eVGA GeForce GTX 465 Core 352 x2 SLI
    2x OCZ 60GB SSD @ RAID 0 (Stripe)
    Silverstone TJ10

Images
    "Hello XClan.org.

Mi nombre es Kyle Dodson. I'm one of the admins for the UprisingLAN. Jason is a little loser, and he seems to think that he has enough knowledge to post information about our upcoming LAN. Well, he doesn't. So here's the skinny: we're holding a kickass lan in December. It's probably going to be on December 28-29. However, this date is NOT official yet. Jason just has a big mouth and wants to spread the word before the rest of us were prepared."

Kinda unprofessional IMO. Post what you want then deal with the person behind the scenes. Or is this the kind of LAN that will be going on?

The date is durring the busiest time of the year. How do you expect to have a lot of people there when they are all out of state visiting relatives? Or are you looking to play day care for the parents while they are out shopping?

Apologies and a reply.

Sorry for seeming a little "unprofessional" with my post. I like to keep things a little casual, and the post was a little bit of a joke for Jason. We run fast servers on as fast of a network as we can provide. We try our hardest to make the event as awesome as it can be. We like to think that we're pretty professional with this LAN, even though we're just 4 college guys who are just trying to have some fun. The only way you'll find out whether we are professional or not is to show up .

We know that this is the busiest time of the year. Personally, I would love to escape for a day from the family and hustle and bustle. If you can't make it because you are with your family, that's probably for the better. I'll wish everyone who's out of town the best during the season. However, if you are in town, maybe you'll find the time to have some fun during the busy times.

We're not a daycare center, and we don't expect many kids to show up to this event. However, the past couple events there were a couple kids in the 12 to 14 year old range that wanted to play. We just don't see any reason why we should not allow them to come and play.

Again, we'd love to see everyone there. But if it isn't a good time for you, maybe you'll be able to come to the next one we do. Take it easy, everybody.

Kyle Dodson

seniorquico It's cool I think you guys would hold a nice lan. Misuse had a point about the season family things. But, never the less he's Mr's Grumpy pants right now cause of some smacktard whom he probably trusted and that smacktard whom ever he is let him down as well as everyone else in xclan and none members.

I still can't believe it
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj
    seniorquico It's cool I think you guys would hold a nice lan. Misuse had a point about the season family things. But, never the less he's Mr's Grumpy pants right now cause of some smacktard whom he probably trusted and that smacktard whom ever he is let him down as well as everyone else in xclan and none members.

I still can't believe it
    yeah.
    there is no end to the line of people who want to bring the hammer down on said jackass.
    OMGHI2U!

About the 'classic' games

CS 1.6? Dood, that is so 4 years ago.
    Personally, I have to admit that I really dislike Counter-Strike (especially Steam). However, there still seems to be a large enough community to want to play it at the LAN. To kinda clarify on another thing: we have multiple game servers. Our plan is to host at least two games at once. That way if somebody doesn't want to play a particular game, we have an alternative. At our August event the only time we didn't have two different games going is when we were holding the UT2004 tournament.

Understand that we try our best to play anything that the gamers want to play. I'm a REAL computer geek. I enjoy configuring any kind of server I can find. Although we say we play Battlefield Vietnam, Steam, WarCraft III, Call of Duty, and UT2004, I've tried to put together as many servers as I can get. We run both Linux and Windows servers, so, I've put together Jedi Academy, Halo, Battlefield 1942, DesertCombat, UT2003, Unreal 2: XMP, Jedi Knight 2, Medal of Honor, XIII, Doom III, Quake III, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Unreal Tournament (Classic), Serious Sam (1 and 2), and not to mention those games that don't need servers: Command and Conquer Generals, Starcraft. We are pretty hardcore gamers...we play everything from the brand new to the classic. My most favorite game (which I would love to play at a LAN someday, but will prob never happen) is Warcraft II. Whatever people feel like playing, we play. That's how we like to game.

Sorry again for our website being down/not complete. All this info is supposed to be up there. And I'm hoping to get it all done by the end of this week. I'll be talkin' with you all again.

Kyle Dodson

P.S. And by the way...if you want to come and you want to see a specific game server there, let me know! I'd love nothing more than trying to put a dedicated game server together for it...

Images
    Hrmm.. Well, just out of curiosity how did you guys hear about x? I realize we have a following of several million people but just for the sake of clarifying maybe you could specify.

That shit rhymed. I think I am going to change majors to rap artist.
    Computer Specs:
    Intel Core i7 930 2.8 GHz @ 4.0GHz
    1. BCLK @ 200
    2. 1.33V
    3. Thermalright Rev C. - idle @ 35c, burn-in @ 72c

ASUS P6T V2 Deluxe
    Corsair DDR3 PC1600 2GB x 3
    eVGA GeForce GTX 465 Core 352 x2 SLI
    2x OCZ 60GB SSD @ RAID 0 (Stripe)
    Silverstone TJ10

Images
    So, you wouldnt mind if a few 16 year olds showed up? :)

Thread Information