Thread: American Dad

Images

American Dad

I watched first ep. of American Dad after the superbowl ... and it Sucked total balls compared to Family Guy. Since the same people made it, I thought it would be good, but they just tried to hard.

The German fish was damn funny though ...

There's an old short of American Dad out there on the net somewhere from about a year ago. You could tell by the short it was going to suck. I'll look for it and try to post it later.

Images
    I didn't care much for it either. I don't like the characters and the dad is super annoying and not funny. Whats with the gay overweight alien? lol, kinda funny. The german fish was the only thing that made me laugh out loud. The rest of the family can just die...

Images
    throw your TV away. heh

Images
    It was ok, but not want I was expecting at all. The family guy is 50 times funnier then american dad, it was a huge let down. :(

Give it a chance. First episodes tend to leave a bad impression -- especially when it so closely resembles something like Family Guy.

What pisses me off about Family Guy is that Fox dropped it and now that it's reached cult status, they're paying McFarlane and Co. to imitate it? Oh well.. Cartoon Network in April! Screw Fox!

..and on a side note, I think it's about time for The Simpsons to hang it up. Seriously. They're just not trying to make anything mildly sane, or grounded in reality anymore.
    Hell is--other people!

Images
    I liked it, not as much as family guy but hey! may 1st, family guy new season! if you guys didn't see the previews for that. but atleast they are trying, give it a couple eps

Images
    I thought it was pretty funny, you can't compaire it to Family Guy. Just like when Family Guy first came out, everyone compaired it to the Simpsons, and said it sucked ass, but now everyone loves Family Guy. This is just the first episode, I think it has potential, I say give it a chance
    jedi.turk
    my force is in you

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk
    I thought it was pretty funny, you can't compaire it to Family Guy. Just like when Family Guy first came out, everyone compaired it to the Simpsons, and said it sucked ass, but now everyone loves Family Guy. This is just the first episode, I think it has potential, I say give it a chance
    I think your right, I got the feeling they were just trying to hard. So maybe they will settle into a groove in the next couple eps.

Images
    i loved it, the goldfish is awesome the random slpooge from the alien the deportation and land mines go go go CIA hahah
    i like to eat and play video games, i'm a winnar!!!

DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Images
    I thought the gold fish was the only redeeming thing of that show.

Everyone forgot about Stewie. Stewie (did I spell that right?) makes half the show on the Family Guy. Nothing is more funny than a baby hell bent on world domination and speaks with an English accent.

By the way, who exactly understands the baby? I know Meg and Chris do, and the dog, but who else?
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

-- Sledge Hammer

Images
    I think everyone understands him but his parents heh
    jedi.turk
    my force is in you

Quote Originally Posted by x[con]
    By the way, who exactly understands the baby? I know Meg and Chris do, and the dog, but who else?
    They all understand him, but it's like they all do through a mother's eyes, or a father's eyes, etc, etc.
    Hell is--other people!

Images
    I missed the show because I was stuck in traffic for an hour but now that I downloaded it and watched it I thought it was awesome. More of the same Seth Humor.

where can i find family guy new episodes

Images
    on the interweb.....DUH!
    Vin Diesel once showed me a video of him making love to my wife, and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!

Thread Information