Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rant about theft/damage and my car.

Rant about theft/damage and my car.

Just ranting.

Last night the passenger side window of my Mazdaspeed MX-5 was shattered. All they took was my cell phone. My registration, radar detector, everything in the trunk, etc, was left alone. You can't see the phone when you're outside of the car.

I live in a gated apartment community and my car is kept in a garage. Unfortunately, it is connected to other people's garages (3 others). No matter how many times I urge these people to shut their garage doors at night, they don't. They probably all saw my window this morning, I'm sure. I bet they feel like I'm going to shove my foot up there asses--which would make them perceptive, because that's exactly what I'm going to do.

It is mandatory (but not enforced properly) to shut your garage door all the time. I'm about to go up to the leasing office to blow my wad all over the place. I have insurance, but this kind of thing is really annoying. There's glass everywhere inside my new car. I can't drive it around because of the on and off again rain.

Anyway, sux. I'd post pictures, but I'm sure you've all seen shattered glass.

Oh and Verizon, of course, won't enable the GPS on my phone so I may partake in vigilante activities.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RichardMSM.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	3486  
    Hell is--other people!

Images
    Ah fuxor!

Hrm x[clan] knows people that work at verizon............

Images
    Seeif you can get the front office to make those peeps pony up some dough.... Prolly not, but if it is part of their lease contract, then they are technically in breech.
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

Images
    damn dude, thats horrible what happend to your ride + things inside. Especially since its gated property... something like that should've never happen. Thats why I believe it was an inside job.

Good luck on that man... and keep on the lookout. >_>
    especially Steve the milk man......

Images
    p.s. i have reason to believe it was foul play.

evidence:

Name:	sceneofcrimedata.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	3488  

Leasing office said to call the police +

Police basically said too bad, so sad +

Insurance deductable is insanely high =

Penryn gets fux0r3d!

Let this be a lesson to you, folks. Even if you car is in a garage, in a fairly pricy gated community, it is not safe. my neighbors. Verizon for not letting me track my phone.
    Hell is--other people!

Quote Originally Posted by x[penryn]
    Leasing office said to call the police +

Police basically said too bad, so sad +

Insurance deductable is insanely high =

Penryn gets fux0r3d!

Let this be a lesson to you, folks. Even if you car is in a garage, in a fairly pricy gated community, it is not safe. my neighbors. Verizon for not letting me track my phone.
    sue your neighbors for negligence :)
    OMGHI2U!

Images
    you might be able to in small claims court.... especially if the rental contract say you have to close the garage and they didnt.
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

One of my neighbors just showed up. She's nice. She's also an idiot. She said that the reason she hasn't been putting her garage door down is that it hasn't been working. I looked at it. It was unlatched from the track. I pushed the clip back up and it fixed itself. Great. She's one of like, 3 people, though.

Just called on my car window. $120 to install, $188 and change for the window.
    Hell is--other people!

Images
    I think we now know who the culprit was:

Name:	sceneofcrimedata.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	3489  
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

Images
    One of my neighbors just showed up. She's nice. She's also an idiot. She said that the reason she hasn't been putting her garage door down is that it hasn't been working. I looked at it. It was unlatched from the track. I pushed the clip back up and it fixed itself. Great. She's one of like, 3 people, though.

Just called on my car window. $120 to install, $188 and change for the window.
    Thats like 2 Starbucks stock options.. yer good ;)
    haha :P

Quote Originally Posted by x[sliver]
    Thats like 2 Starbucks stock options.. yer good ;)
    haha :P
    lol, I think it's time to sell my vested shares
    Hell is--other people!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[jbrhymer]
    I think we now know who the culprit was:
    jesus... horrible shadowing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[conco]
    jesus... horrible shadowing.
    wahahahahahahah
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

15. If I were in your situation, I would have waited a day or two before cancelling the phone service. Then I would have a nice list of numbers to "investigate". Of course, I'm usually way under my minutes on my phone, but a phone number can get you an address and name, and those 3 pieces of info can get you a ssn... I'm sure you see where this is going.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by _g_
    01010011 01101000 01110101 01110100 00100000 01110101 01110000 00100000 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110011 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101110 01110101 01110100 00100000 01110101 01110000 00101110
    "Shut up or swallow a nut up."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[conco]
    p.s. i have reason to believe it was foul play.

evidence:
    I think I spy some brown doo doo in the foreground haha

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[stryker]
    I think I spy some brown doo doo in the foreground haha

Images
    Just ranting.

Last night the passenger side window of my Mazdaspeed MX-5 was shattered. All they took was my cell phone. My registration, radar detector, everything in the trunk, etc, was left alone. You can't see the phone when you're outside of the car.

I live in a gated apartment community and my car is kept in a garage. Unfortunately, it is connected to other people's garages (3 others). No matter how many times I urge these people to shut their garage doors at night, they don't. They probably all saw my window this morning, I'm sure. I bet they feel like I'm going to shove my foot up there asses--which would make them perceptive, because that's exactly what I'm going to do.

It is mandatory (but not enforced properly) to shut your garage door all the time. I'm about to go up to the leasing office to blow my wad all over the place. I have insurance, but this kind of thing is really annoying. There's glass everywhere inside my new car. I can't drive it around because of the on and off again rain.

Anyway, sux. I'd post pictures, but I'm sure you've all seen shattered glass.

Oh and Verizon, of course, won't enable the GPS on my phone so I may partake in vigilante activities.
    Others have already stated this but take your neighbor to small claims court for negligence. Even though it was the door was busted did they report it or just live with it? There should be a record of it if they reported it to management. In short with a negligence you must prove a duty was owed, the standard of care was breached, the breach was the factual and proximate cause of the proven damages.

It is not necessarily a contract breach that will help you because you are not a party to their contract. That is between them and the leasing office.

In small claims you dont have to present in any particular fashion the judge will see the elements. It depends really on what you want to do, kick your idiot neighbor in the pocket book or live with it and bear the burden of their stupidity.

if you would like a more detailed explanation of negligence law pm me.

People's Republik of Kalifornia in the Great US Banana Republik
    Images
    It's pretty fucked that your neighbors are so lazy and your car was the one to get broken into. Although what happened sucked ass it's good that he didn't bash the rest of the car or trash your interior.

Even in its current state your car is still dead sexy. :Suspiciou

Thread Information