View Poll Results: Which version of dota should be used for the lan tourney?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5.84c

10 62.50%
  • 6.04b

6 37.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: x[lan] DOTA 5.84b tourney

Images

hehe

haha punctuation is ur friend Tony. :P

For starters, I feel 84c is better because I think it is more balanced. There are no real underpowered heroes (other than Keeper, and some...but not many would debate keeper even). In 04c Medusa along with many others seems underpowered to me. As far as TeamRSX's post

"most..clinkz..medusa..rzor..sa..lich..*ZEUS" as far as overpowered heroes in 84c, funny...Because out of the heroes u named only 1 of those are in my top 5 consisting of Bradwarden, Chen, Clinkz, Luna, and Morphling. Also coul;d be included, Naix, Night Stalker, Phantom Assassin (who chibi recently said was the best I think...), Omniknight, Ogre, Leoric, Visage (Chibi's opinion), Razor, Sven, Slardar, Silencer, Bounty Hunter, bane elemental, Crystal Maiden, Void, Magina, Treant, Lina, Lion, Leviathon, Leshrac, magnataur, bane hollow, Medusa, necrolyte, nerubian, panda, queen, rhasta, SA, Techies, Troll, Zeus...etc etc..Almost all heroes are considered a top hero by someone...I hate Dragon Knight but some people LOVE HIM..

I feel there are sorta 2 tiers, the top heroes (including most all heroes), and then a slightly lower tier, which in my opinion includes the following:

Chaos Knight, Death Prophet, Drow, Lone Druid, Lucifer, Naga Siren, Prophet, Pudge, Pugna, Sand King, Terrorblade, Tinker, Ursa Warrior (unless fury swipes work and then he is high up in top tier). venomancer, vengeful spirit (but border line, kinda the 1 char who deserves a middle tier), viper, juggernaut.

In 04b There are a few heroes that with general consensus stand out such as tinker (because dagon works now) and, enigma. Vengeful Spirit is kinda overpowered now too...His new ability, being the deflector shield thing is pretty damn good, and it is in place of one of the worst spells in the game (the armor reducing one), thus improving Vengeful dramatically.
    Morphling as well is still overpowered. Now one does not go for Skadi, but for damage increasing items, and with the improved blink can chase ridiculously well. Mana is no longer an issue for Morphling, but that blink with increased range allows for incredible chasing possibilities (such as blinking over ledges ridiculously to chase/evade...blinking over a larger patch of trees than normally allowed.

i feel 04b is a much more random way to go, seeing the fact that no one has really played it more than 15-20 games or so. There are also many players that will likely participate in the tourney that are either yet to play 04b or have played it very few times...(Dubi, Jonas, Nate, etc etc) that would be able to do fairly decent at 84c still. Many of our games (more than half that I participate in) still include playing 84c even though there are much newer versions out. The fact that many dota games are to likely to be played prior to the tourney one would assume the playesr that have participated less at 04b would be able to play it and at least learn how the new items work, and maybe a few of the newer heroes, but I think 84c would still be the better version.

Images
    hahah..nice one..who cars the way i type...it got the point across didnt it?...yea scott..look what time i wrote the post...you and i have talked about the best heroes on 84c before remember?...either way its just my 2 cents...i just like 04b more it all really doesnt matter to me as long as we play...

Images
    Added a poll to find out which is the more popular choice.
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

raider its funny that u list terrorblade as a lower tier hero. that makes me laugh. also its funny that u think vengeful is overpowered now as opposed to when she had her armor reducing aoe spell. me thinks u guys should play with hiphop and i again. maybe we could learn something from each other.

I just punched a hurricane! WOOOOO!!!!

Images

heh

I don't like terrorblade personally, nor Dragon knight. They dont fit my style. There are not really underpowered heroes in 5.84c, other than perhaps keeper of the light. All others can be played well if done right...Some have some advantages... but in 6.04b heroes like Naix that now has Bracer...

By the way Vengeful's armor reducing spell is hands down one of the worst spells in the game. Please tell me u are not trying to argue that. By teh way, why not come to lan and see where u place out, out of this group?

And Enigma is overpowered like omg. Tinker is pretty damn good now with missle/dagon combo early.

Quote Originally Posted by x[raider134]
    By the way Vengeful's armor reducing spell is hands down one of the worst spells in the game.
    a free stygian desolator for all nearby heros is a horrible spell...riiight
    Last edited by x[ninjax]; 04-05-2005 at 06:11 PM.

Images
    nevermind raider, he's a noob. ;)

I'm all for 6.04b personally. Best so far..

Images

hmm

For one thing it isn't quite styggie, even at lvl 4 (which is 4 wasted points). Secondly, u have to spend the time casting it, and the mana, when u could have otherwise hit the enemy hero 1-2 times...Thus doing that same amount of damage. For creeping? waste of mana. Only good use is for the times when there is a battle of a 3v3 or 4v4. Feel free to come to the lan and learn what's up. :P Feel free to come to channel "clan xxxx" sometime, or on TS and pop in for a few games as well.
    Last edited by x[raider134]; 04-05-2005 at 07:57 PM.

Images
    yeah. well the vengeful spirit armor debuff may be nice in theory.. you could have just shot him 2-3 times.. and still have the mana for a stun.. plus. you could have just gotten disabled yourself in that 1 second casting time. vengeful is way ownage. and in 04b he is more with his new ability.. and if you get that over the other abilities in 84c.. then.. well i donno.! but it could have been in a better place (stats or stun or command aura) donno. i have been scrimming lately with clans... and they seemed to be decent.. none of them who got vengeful used that ability.. when exactly did you pick that ability ninja? i pick it WAY late game when i see that the 1-5 next to the plus ability sign is telling me to pick a new skill.(i hate it being there. i find it annoying)
    still dont use this skill late game..

i start to pick it when my team has started to run together. nothing beats it. negative armor owns most people cause they never get a platemail or chainmail.

Images

heh

So, 5.84c then?
    Bump lookin for more votes---

Images
    I you will notice that the votes are 8 to 4 now, though if you count the names it is 9 to 3. This is because I edited the poll to reflect my new opinion on 6.04b. I changed my vote to 6.04b.
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

Images

heh

Does Tony still want to change his vote? Tony had mentioned to me that he may want 84c...Not sure if he still does. :)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[jbrhymer]
    I you will notice that the votes are 8 to 4 now, though if you count the names it is 9 to 3. This is because I edited the poll to reflect my new opinion on 6.04b. I changed my vote to 6.04b.
    you da man jb..but reflecting on how pissed off i was at an 04b game today...with scott chibi and curb...im still not hcnaign my vote...cuz 84b is being played no matter what...more votes...its just they dont care enough to vote...but its been said...even tho i was omni knight....and people wonder why i repick him...cuz i dont play well with him...i do better with troll than i do with him...so yea anyways...nice try scott...muahahaha...dont matter what map we play as long as we play im fine...its just i dont like scott playing 84c...cuz hes an asshole in it when im not on his team...dirty rat bastard...

Images

hehe

Just because I always seem to find u...Which reminds me, I hope I'm against u in the first game. : )

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[raider134]
    Just because I always seem to find u...Which reminds me, I hope I'm against u in the first game. : )
    i aint skurd imma sabotage ur cpu...muahahahahah...i aint skurd dude...i killed u before on a 1v1...just u did it a bit more...

Images
    Congrats to raider who won the tourney. His prize was a Logitech mx1000 laser mouse. The version finally decided on was 5.84c.

Drifter was a close second, and probably wants to kill me due to my awesome point system in the tourney.

:)
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

Thread Information