Thread: Another car rant..

Another car rant..

So, I walk out to my MS Miata to go to work at about 5:30AM...

Someone had opened the door next to mine about 3 feet up and had sliced a 2' by 2' hole in my convertible top. The popped the locked center console, moved the seats, checked everything, went through the trunk -- AND STOLE NOTHING.

There was nothing in the cab to steal, besides my Google badge, which was in the locked center console. I had old baseball gear in the trunk.

Pisses me off.. it's probably $2500 in damage. They didn't take anything. I leave my glove box down, cup holders up, etc, just to show that there's nothing in the car to take. This was one of the rare times I didn't leave my doors totally unlocked. I usually do, because I was so sick from the last time when they took jack $hit when they broke my window.

This was one of the reasons I didn't want a convertible. Ugh. Now I have to take the tram to Google everyday and just leave my car here underground. It's not worth the risk anymore to keep it in my garage in my gated apartment community. Stupid.

Sucks. Reallllllllly sucks.
    Hell is--other people!

Images
    Dude, that totally sucks! However thats some bad luck you got there with cars. Did you report this to your landlord? Cause this is the 2nd time something bad has happend to you at that residence. Im sure something will get done now that its happend twice.

Also, are you sure its not your neighbor whos sabotageing you're cars? Just sounds really weird for a theif to hop the gate, open the garage(damn I get tired just thinking about doing all that work). Its most likely an inside job.

My tip would be to move away, if you keep fixing the car the problem will never go away. He knows where you live! Hes probably not even after phat loot he could be doing it just to fuck with you.

scary shit man.. good luck... be safe...

Sucks to be you my friend.. Derrick my brother has been having the same problems ever since he inherited the Jeep.

He's been living at various (gated mind you) apartment communities in the La Jolla area - it happens. He's had it broken into...stereo stolen (that I got him for his bday mind you).. top shredded.. etc. most of that twice now. I don't know what it is about shitty people and convertibles. I was fortunate and never had that problem here in Orange County- part of the reason being maybe that I never had the roof on, haha! Your position with rain up there might make that a little difficult.. but that's the risk you go through with a convertible - You should treat it as one. I always locked up my goodies in my trunk/glove box. Good luck squaring it away with the insurance agency - don't let it discourage you from getting it repaired and still using it. My brother's still got the jeep!

Images
    sounds like you live around a lot of shit heads, especially if you are already leaving the glove box open to show that you dont have anything. could be personal like x[conco] stated.

They had to know about the code.. if you live here, it's common knowledge what it is. The police had a laugh at that one.

I'm going to get a hardtop now. It sucks.. I'm out there at all times of the night. They're so freakin' lucky I didn't catch them. I went out at 5am.. must have happened shortly before.
    Hell is--other people!

Images
    I would invest in a wireless cam. stick that badboy somewhere inside teh garage and monitor it 24x7. or get one of those alarms that attatch to your keychain to let you know somehing has been opened up(trunk, car door, window broken, anything). I forget the name of the company who makes that. but it might be worth it. hell for all I know I could of just made that alarm system up and it doesnt even exist. but you need something..

If like a tiny hair falls on the car, alarm goes offf.
    someone sneezes to close to your car or fart.. alarm goes off.
    they reek like ass cause of no shower for a week ... alarm goes off.

you get my point!!

Images
    hardtop is better for racing anyways :>>

Thread Information