Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: www.xclan.org -- front page

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    !nSaNeD!eGo, Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,519
    I liked the other way better, but I'm fine with scrolling and checking each forum separately if that's what you guys want us to do (not that what I think matters anyway), but as a suggestion...

    I'd love to have it like it once was when you click a forum thread link, it takes you to the page/spot where you left off the last time you visited that thread. It's a pain to revisit an ongoing thread that may have an additional 3 or 4 pages on it after not visiting the site for awhile, then trying find the last post you read where you left off the last time you visited the thread. At times it's been somewhat confusing if you revisit an ongoing thread and don't start reading from the last post you read the last time you visited the thread.

    /$.02

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,380
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMan
    I liked the other way better, but I'm fine with scrolling and checking each forum separately if that's what you guys want us to do (not that what I think matters anyway), but as a suggestion...

    I'd love to have it like it once was when you click a forum thread link, it takes you to the page/spot where you left off the last time you visited that thread. It's a pain to revisit an ongoing thread that may have an additional 3 or 4 pages on it after not visiting the site for awhile, then trying find the last post you read where you left off the last time you visited the thread. At times it's been somewhat confusing if you revisit an ongoing thread and don't start reading from the last post you read the last time you visited the thread.

    /$.02

    good point I almost forgot about that luxury.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch
    You must have seen her in RL or pics of her cause you're right on the money Cavyr.
    show me

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,297
    Images
    19
    I have to admit that I liked the older one better. But the new format does have some merits. The gaming news is good. And if you really like to see new posts, pull that finger out of your ass and use the scroll wheel once in a while. I promise it won't kill you.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

    -- Sledge Hammer

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    2,134
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by x[con]
    I have to admit that I liked the older one better. But the new format does have some merits. The gaming news is good. And if you really like to see new posts, pull that finger out of your ass and use the scroll wheel once in a while. I promise it won't kill you.
    Or learn to use the "New Posts" button (even with its recent problem).
    x[dmitri]
    Why are we here?
    Because we are here.
    Roll the bones.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,258
    Images
    3272
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMan
    I liked the other way better, but I'm fine with scrolling and checking each forum separately if that's what you guys want us to do (not that what I think matters anyway), but as a suggestion...

    I'd love to have it like it once was when you click a forum thread link, it takes you to the page/spot where you left off the last time you visited that thread. It's a pain to revisit an ongoing thread that may have an additional 3 or 4 pages on it after not visiting the site for awhile, then trying find the last post you read where you left off the last time you visited the thread. At times it's been somewhat confusing if you revisit an ongoing thread and don't start reading from the last post you read the last time you visited the thread.

    /$.02
    That was a feature of our former portal software.. I'll look around for hacks for that, but I do not remember seeing one yet.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,711
    Images
    38
    I would like to see some different themes and other things for the web page. the blue on blue theme just isn't as sexy as it once was......

    I would do it, but I am no graphix hack3r like some of you other people. A little help there would be awesome!
    Vin Diesel once showed me a video of him making love to my wife, and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    !nSaNeD!eGo, Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by x[sliver]
    That was a feature of our former portal software.. I'll look around for hacks for that, but I do not remember seeing one yet.

    oh, okay, so i guess it wasn't included in this portal then. that would explain it. i'd help look for the hacks for that feature... but i'd have no idea what i was looking for. does that feature have a specific name for it? like "previously read post return feature hack" or something like that?

    i'd really like to have that feature back.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Santa Ana
    Posts
    4,205
    I like it. I think it's nice that there is at least someone taking care of it on a day to day basis and I appreciate it.

    I think it's way better than the old red one or what ever color that was.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,258
    Images
    3272
    x members and admins can now post topics and have them show up on the front page as "news".

    Just select the new "N" icon for your thread and it will automagically work.

    Enjoy


    Jihad.

    http://www.vbulletintemplates.com/mods/index.php

    Find some that look decent.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    1,743
    Images
    9
    hooley fricken dooley 2 more clicks to get your fix wtf?
    ive been goin the stinkifinger on a cougar lately but ill be back.
    ease up on the post whorin aries ill have too much to read.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 1998
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    2,244
    Images
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk
    Here Here I liked the latest forums at the top much better.

    As for the deletion of the Policical posts, umm aren't those forums so people can express their opinions and feelings about issues? Deleting them because you disagree or don't like what is going on isn't right, quit trying to silence our voice damn it! Freedom of Speech baby!
    1. Political threads normally arent deleted, but may be moved if they were started in the wrong forum. Though on a grumpy day may get deleted. If someone cant figure out to start a politically charged thread in the politics forum, then perhaps it deserves deletion. Teach a man to fish and all that jazz... But, we the seniors do have the right to moderate as we see fit.

    2. Freedom of speech does not apply to a privately owned medium. You do not have the freedom of speech to say whatever you want on the x[clan] forums. We own and operate it, and have the right and ability to moderate as we see fit. If you want freedom of speech, get your own machine, your own colo, and pay for your own bandwidth. :)

    Have a nice day.
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by x[jbrhymer]
    1. Political threads normally arent deleted, but may be moved if they were started in the wrong forum. Though on a grumpy day may get deleted. If someone cant figure out to start a politically charged thread in the politics forum, then perhaps it deserves deletion. Teach a man to fish and all that jazz... But, we the seniors do have the right to moderate as we see fit.

    2. Freedom of speech does not apply to a privately owned medium. You do not have the freedom of speech to say whatever you want on the x[clan] forums. We own and operate it, and have the right and ability to moderate as we see fit. If you want freedom of speech, get your own machine, your own colo, and pay for your own bandwidth. :)

    Have a nice day.
    Thats bullshit. Grumpy day= right wing fuck not being able to take a joke so he goes on a tyrade and deletes posts. Fuck that. Get over your hard on for Bush and learn to TAKE A FUCKING JOKE!!!!

    I use to enjoy coming to this forum, not just for Meat bashing, but also because there are some funny motherfuckers here. I just can't be part a forum that deletes content. Yes, yes I know 99% of you will be happy to see me gone. That way you won't have to actually THINK anymore when you read my posts. You can just continue your right wing circle jerk until the cows come home.

    I'm off to find a non-nazi'd forum.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,258
    Images
    3272
    Quote Originally Posted by Method
    Thats bullshit. Grumpy day= right wing fuck not being able to take a joke so he goes on a tyrade and deletes posts. Fuck that. Get over your hard on for Bush and learn to TAKE A FUCKING JOKE!!!!

    I use to enjoy coming to this forum, not just for Meat bashing, but also because there are some funny motherfuckers here. I just can't be part a forum that deletes content. Yes, yes I know 99% of you will be happy to see me gone. That way you won't have to actually THINK anymore when you read my posts. You can just continue your right wing circle jerk until the cows come home.

    I'm off to find a non-nazi'd forum.
    Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

    Learn to post in the appropriate forum.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 1998
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    2,244
    Images
    25
    Method:

    If your last post is a general sample of all your posts, then I won't be sad if you never return. Perhaps instead of insulting me, I'm not sure how that is supposed to change anything, you should post a well thought argument as to why you think something should be different than it currently is.

    Also, I don't know why you think I am a right wing fuck? Do you have my voting record? Last time I was bashed I think Kaj called me the equivalent of a left wing liberal, or something to that effect. I'm not sure how I can be both at once?
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,161
    Images
    1261
    hahahahahaahahahah

    Threads like this, is why I liked the "recent topics" at the top before the news.

    visit xclan.org

    first thing you see is an idiot flinging shit. glorious..

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Anaheim, Southern California
    Posts
    2,519
    Images
    1
    And we all know that's not true about you jb because chongo is the only fuck here. Right or left it doesn't matter, he's just a fuck, oh and phelpz is too.
    I am Arthur King of the Britainís! The Bitainís? Who are the Bitains? I thought we were an autonomous collective!

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by x[jbrhymer]
    Method:

    If your last post is a general sample of all your posts, then I won't be sad if you never return. Perhaps instead of insulting me, I'm not sure how that is supposed to change anything, you should post a well thought argument as to why you think something should be different than it currently is.

    Also, I don't know why you think I am a right wing fuck? Do you have my voting record? Last time I was bashed I think Kaj called me the equivalent of a left wing liberal, or something to that effect. I'm not sure how I can be both at once?
    Why the hell else would you delete the post?

    you expect me to not be upset when my post is deleted? Courtesy went out the window when you start deleting content, not when I started swearing.

    Wrong forum? It's humor and it's political.... I made a stab in the dark... Making the wrong guess should not warrant deletion... maybe moving to another forum if you disagree with my choice... but not deletion. see the difference?

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 1998
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    2,244
    Images
    25
    I can understand your frustration at having a post deleted, but we are tired of political / religious crap, right or left wing, derailing threads / showing up in the wrong place. We created the political forums exactly for this reason and it has been around since at least last october / november. At some point people must learn to post in the right place. If a moderator thinks deleting a vagrant thread, in order to impart a lesson in posting to the right forum, is the thing to do, then so be it. It is no different than when an AC thread gets posted to the wrong forum. And of the one post that got deleted, there have probably been 100 moved. You just got unlucky that is was yours... x[clan] is probably one of the most lenient places to post in all of the net. Other than blatant racism, we dont moderate all that much. I would ask that you understand this, and not take one thread of yours getting deleted as a personal attack on you.
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Anaheim, Southern California
    Posts
    2,519
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Method
    Why the hell else would you delete the post?

    you expect me to not be upset when my post is deleted? Courtesy went out the window when you start deleting content, not when I started swearing.

    Wrong forum? It's humor and it's political.... I made a stab in the dark... Making the wrong guess should not warrant deletion... maybe moving to another forum if you disagree with my choice... but not deletion. see the difference?

    I thought you left already. What gives? Go away now!
    I am Arthur King of the Britainís! The Bitainís? Who are the Bitains? I thought we were an autonomous collective!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Front Page of the website
    By x[keystone] in forum Random Thoughts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 02:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •