View Poll Results: How much do you pay for auto insurance?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than $100

19 47.50%
  • $101-150

7 17.50%
  • $151-200

8 20.00%
  • $201-250

0 0%
  • $251+ I FEEL CONCO'S PAIN!

6 15.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel jipped! Auto insurance :'(

Images

I feel jipped! Auto insurance :'(

Im currently paying 248 bucks a month for auto insurance. Between the time I setup my insurance back in 2003 I went from $1300 to about 1500 semi annual premium and it doesnt seem to decline. Ive been talken to some friends of mine and they're telling me Im paying WAY to much for the kinda insurance I have. So I feel all stupid n shit for paying 248 a month. So im leaving met life. >_<

Anyways, my point. I wanted to get some ideas where everyone else is going for auto insurance. Is something like Geico or eastwood good? I checked out progressive but wasnt sure what to choose.

If everoyne could reply to this with the name of their auto insurance company and how much they pay for month/semi annual that would be schweet. That way I can get some ideas on roughly how much i should pay each month. Oh and if you could include your age that would be cool to. Im mainly looken for people 18-25 bracket area. but if you want to post your info even though your older than 25 go for it!

P.S. I have no accidents, Ive got a clean record! *SQUEEKY SQUEEKY!*
    Last edited by x[conco]; 08-08-2005 at 09:46 PM.

Jesus fucking h-christ, you're getting fucked in the ass! I pay $23 per month for my auto insurance.

Images
    I guess it all depends on what you drive. I drive a 2003 honda civic lx. Its not incredibly fast, like 115HP and its BLACK. (I hear RED color will increase your insurance). By the way stalker, what do you drive and who is your auto insurance company?

A 1989 Toyota Pickup 4WD and a 1992 Toyota Corolla. I'm 24 years old. One speeding ticket. Farmers Insurance.

I have liability only. If I don't have the cash in savings to replace the entire car if I destroy it, then I can't afford to drive it. Which is also why I drive two cars. One can be used as a backup. Since I have liability only, if I wreck it due to my own fault then I'll be the one repairing it out of my own pocket. Having two entirely differnet vehicles is extremely handy as well. Since you have a nice/valuable car I wouldn't think of dropping full coverage. Also, if it is being financed then your lein holder most certainly requires full coverage with specified deductibles.

32 years old. No accidents. Homeowner discount. 1997 Dodge Avenger, nothing fancy.

I don't know about civics, but accords and the acura version of it are high theft cars. That might play in to the cost. Where you live plays a huge part in pricing also.

I also go through Farmers. I have a buddy that goes through the phone book and calls a half dozen insurance agents every couple of years or every time his rate gets hiked. He's had good experiences doing that. I haven't heard any real life great stories about Progressive giving the best rate (them or from their list).

My edit: Full coverage is under 500.00 every 6 months. I could probably do better, but I like the agent I'm with right now. If it goes up, I'll shop around.

Images
    Luckly I have no idea what im paying for insurance, thankfully . Being male and under 25 in So.Cal. I am sure its the highest in the country...
    Good lord are there no good games to play?

Images
    You can't compare yourself with another person based on just your car alone.

There's a lot of factors that you need to weigh just as equally before making the comparison.

For example; type of car, age, sex, driving record, deductable, types and amounts of coverage such as; comprehensive, medical, property damage, uninsured motorists, etc.

Not to mention, location. Keep in mind that Stalker lives in Washington state.. I guarantee if he moved back to so cal with his two cars, identical driving record, and indentical policy, he'd be paying well near $80-100.

Here's what you do. Make a list of the types and amounts of coverages (what you're looking for in an insurance policy) and start filling out quotes.

Never tried the Progressive "we give you our quotes and the quotes of competetors", but it can't hurt.

I'm currently with http://www.esurance.com and have been since I got my GTI. As of yet, I really haven't had to deal with them much, other than make changes to my existing policy (thankfully). From what I hear, they've got low rates and good service. Sliver had them when he got in his accidents and says they're easy to work with.

Anyways, check out esurance.com and, Good Luck.

Images
    cool thanks for the replys guys. Ill check esurance next. I got a quote from gieco tonight, they told me $962.80 for a 6 month policy. I'll see what esurance is like. Wish me luck! :)

Bodily Injury Liability(BI) $30,000 / $60,000 Property Damage Liability(PD) $25,000 Medical Payments(MED) $1,000 Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist $25,000 / $50,000 Uninsured Motorist Property Damage I decline this coverage Comprehensive(COMP) $500 deductible Collision(COLL) $500 deductible / no deduct. for collision caused by uninsured motorists Emergency Road Service(ERS) YES Rental Reimbursement(RR) $25/day, $750 max per claim

damn thats the best i can copy/paste directly from gieco site. ah well. seems like good coverage. i wanted coverage on Uninsured motorist property damage, but they said i couldnt have that because it conflicted with something else I got. :/
    Last edited by x[conco]; 08-08-2005 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo]
    Not to mention, location. Keep in mind that Stalker lives in Washington state.. I guarantee if he moved back to so cal with his two cars, identical driving record, and indentical policy, he'd be paying well near $80-100.
    That settles it. I'm absolutely definitely not moving back to So. Cal!

Images
    Mine is 700 a year. Liability and Theft.

I go through Costco (American Express) and am down under $100 a month for my RSX-S, north cal btw. Pretty good honestly, and if your a Costco member it's worth a try.

Images
    2003 Lexus IS-300
    12,000 miles per year.
    California minimums, with full uninsured motorist coverage.

22 y/o male
    California Good Driver Discount, no accidents or tickets on record.
    Good student discount.
    Lowjack discount (what a joke this close to Mexico right?)
    $1,000 deductible

$153/mo with Mercury Insurance. I've never had to deal with them, but a lot of people i know use them. I also shopped around before I got this policy, everyone else came in much higher. Was previously with AAA.

You might try Farmers, they do my renters insurance and I like them.

DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Images
    Hey Gizmo we have the same car. Mine is 2002 model though.

I think I'm paying around $1000 a year through Auto Club. I'm 33, drive less than 6k miles a year, 1 ticket in 95(?) went to traffic school, and 2 accidents in the past 7 years, 1 was not my fault.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

-- Sledge Hammer

Images
    2003 toyota camry xle v6---full coverage

1966 dodge dart--liability

1970 dodge charger 500--- liabilty

Allstate ins. $105 a month. But i guess i got the good deal since my house is insured with them too.

xdoc
    Victoria Siempre!!

Age 42

Progressive

Full comp and collision

$500.00 deduct

1998 Dodge Dakoda Sport

$171.00 per month

No tickets or accidents.

Sold my property and now live in a apartment.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Images
    29 yr old male, 99 toyota tacoma xrtra cab, no tickets since 95 and one accident in 99. listed as no fault.

74 bucks and change through state farm for full coverage.
    I have a 500 dollar deductible, I am not sure of the coverage numbers but it is full coverage with uninsured and rental for 30 days.

what you are paying is ridiculous. Its suppose to go down when you reach 25 or so. I never noticed though.

Your rates are comprible to my little brother. He once got two speeding tickets in two counties 10 minutes apart.

Images
    more than 3000 a year for auto resons:

Im male, im under 25 and I dont think they like me

Perfect record so far
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.
    But when life hands you a bunch of crap, don't make anything.
    Trust me on this one."

Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand.

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

How do I set my laser printer on stun?

Images
    make sure if you've hit 25 that they've reduced ya - it's a milestone age worth a big discount :)

I'm with American Family - 85 bucks a month for full coverage on a 1996 mazda protege - age 30 with nothing in the past 7 years on my record.
    You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul.

Everyone, here's an idea for lowering your insurance rates. Drive something that is not worth as much.

Images
    There is no longer a discount when you reach 25 years old. I found that out this year (turned 25) :(

Soo... Don't look forward to it!

Thread Information