View Poll Results: How much do you pay for auto insurance?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than $100

19 47.50%
  • $101-150

7 17.50%
  • $151-200

8 20.00%
  • $201-250

0 0%
  • $251+ I FEEL CONCO'S PAIN!

6 15.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel jipped! Auto insurance :'(

Images
    Don't switch to Nationwide whatever you do. There's never been a company that's had their heads further up their asses. They DO NOT GIVE A RAT'S ASS about their customers.

In addition to Nationwide, I've been with Farmers and currently Allstate. While it's possible that no insurance company really cares about their customers, at least these two prentend well.

I highly recommend looking at Allstate. I pay less than $400 yearly. I'm also 32 so that makes a difference.

For you (assuming you're not leasing... AND assuming you go with minimal or moderate coverage) you shouldn't be paying more than $800-$1000 yearly.
    Last edited by Gak; 08-11-2005 at 09:47 AM.
    http://www.myspace.com/needleseye

Corruption is inextricably woven into our nature.

Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo]
    There is no longer a discount when you reach 25 years old. I found that out this year (turned 25) :(

Soo... Don't look forward to it!
    yeah i found that shit out too... wtf i feel so gipped

I just punched a hurricane! WOOOOO!!!!

Images
    damn...u guys are lucky im paying 2453 for 6 months...well i think i have had 6 speeding tickets, 2 driving under suspended, 2 accidents, most of them when i was 17-18, an dmy car is a black 02 acura rsx type-s...and insurance in az was cheaper than it is in ca by 50 bucks...haha
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

but rsx that is because of all your tickets. my insurance is crazy high and i dont have a thing on my record.

I just punched a hurricane! WOOOOO!!!!

Images
    wtf why is that?
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

Images
    20 years old.. 4 speeding tickets..1 accident (damn girl hit me from behind when i was stopped at a stop light..) - little under 2k, 98 accord

oh i go with mercury..

Images
    30 years old. 3 vehicles. 2 tickets for wreckless driving, DUI (lost my license for 6 months), many parking tickets (from jobsites). No accidents. AAA insurance. $63/mo.

I work in the insurance industry as an agent. And really your question is very hard to answer. There are so many variables to take into account that asking people what they pay means nothing when it comes to what you pay.

The biggest things that go into your rate with most insurance companies are your credit, your zip code and then of course your occupation and or age. So even if I lived in the same zip and were the same age as you, if my credit is better, my rate will be too. If I live in Idaho and you live in Nevada for example our rates will be different as well even with the same credit, etc.

I won't say who I work for, but there are many great insurance companies out there. Although I would recommend going with a well know stable company instead of a smaller one.

Hope this helped.

Images
    im 16, drive a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer, 1 parking ticket, 0 speeding tickets, i like long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, and i have no idea what my insurance rate is!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[flamer]
    im 16, drive a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer, 1 parking ticket, 0 speeding tickets, i like long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, and i have no idea what my insurance rate is!
    Let's go to dinner sometime.. Should we ask your mom if it's ok first? Tell her I'll have you in bed by 9pm.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo]
    Let's go to dinner sometime.. Should we ask your mom if it's ok first? Tell her I'll have you in bed by 9pm.
    Make it 8:30 and we have a deal.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[flamer]
    Make it 8:30 and we have a deal.
    If hes 16, you should make sure to invite raider...
    Good lord are there no good games to play?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[bodyshot]
    If hes 16, you should make sure to invite raider...
    Oh boy, dont get me started with raider :P

Quote Originally Posted by x[conco]
    Im currently paying 248 bucks a month for auto insurance. Between the time I setup my insurance back in 2003 I went from $1300 to about 1500 semi annual premium and it doesnt seem to decline. Ive been talken to some friends of mine and they're telling me Im paying WAY to much for the kinda insurance I have. So I feel all stupid n shit for paying 248 a month. So im leaving met life. >_<

Anyways, my point. I wanted to get some ideas where everyone else is going for auto insurance. Is something like Geico or eastwood good? I checked out progressive but wasnt sure what to choose.

If everoyne could reply to this with the name of their auto insurance company and how much they pay for month/semi annual that would be schweet. That way I can get some ideas on roughly how much i should pay each month. Oh and if you could include your age that would be cool to. Im mainly looken for people 18-25 bracket area. but if you want to post your info even though your older than 25 go for it!

P.S. I have no accidents, Ive got a clean record! *SQUEEKY SQUEEKY!*
    mine's at http://www.insurance-quote-free.com/chris cheaper. i've checked out progressive but didn't bite it. too high!

Images
    oh now that this thread has been revived, I want to let everyone know that I went with State Farm and am now paying 121/mo with full coverage on my 2003 honda civic. :)

Images
    bah old threads! =p
    "When the going gets tough, the tough go cyclic"
    Email: provoker@xclan.org XFire: xprovoker

17. Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo]
    There is no longer a discount when you reach 25 years old. I found that out this year (turned 25) :(

Soo... Don't look forward to it!
    Since we're bumping old ass threads today, I got about a $30/month reduction when I turned 25 earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonblizz21
    mine's at http://www.insurance-quote-free.com/chris cheaper. i've checked out progressive but didn't bite it. too high!

I'm with progressive maybe that's my problem. And I have excellent credit. Maybe my problem is were I live. In Placentia, CA. I'm calling these bastards up!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

I heard your insurance goes up 2x just for being asian... I know my insurance is high as hell.

"Bring me a fucking beer~!!!"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lMgDlRice4you
    I heard your insurance goes up 2x just for being asian...
    LOL

Thread Information