Thread: Plantronic DSP 500 problems

Images

Plantronic DSP 500 problems

So its like this. I unplugged my main comp I play on, to DL some music. When I plugged my gaming rig back up, my mic on my head phones didnt want to work. So I uninstalled the drivers and tried to reinstall them. Little did I know, that the drivers werent campatible with windows XP for some odd reason and got an error. So after a while I went to their web site, to see if I could find new drivers. I tried everything they said to do and yet nothing worked.

So if theres anyone out there that had this problem and fixed, could help a brotha from anotha motha out, Id appreciate it.

Specs would probably help. I use a Plantronics (non-USB, but a buddy of mine has the same setup and has the USB version). I have XP pro, I have onboard audio, nothin fancy. Maybe your mic just got tired of hearing all of your negativity. ;-)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinch
    Specs would probably help. I use a Plantronics (non-USB, but a buddy of mine has the same setup and has the USB version). I have XP pro, I have onboard audio, nothin fancy. Maybe your mic just got tired of hearing all of your negativity. ;-)
    asshat lol. Ive got a usb set, and theres info on their site how to fix it, but that shit is outdated and isnt working for shit lol. ghey is all i can say.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[buckem]
    So its like this. I unplugged my main comp I play on, to DL some music. When I plugged my gaming rig back up, my mic on my head phones didnt want to work. So I uninstalled the drivers and tried to reinstall them. Little did I know, that the drivers werent campatible with windows XP for some odd reason and got an error. So after a while I went to their web site, to see if I could find new drivers. I tried everything they said to do and yet nothing worked.

So if theres anyone out there that had this problem and fixed, could help a brotha from anotha motha out, Id appreciate it.
    I had this very problem about 3 months ago, and unless you have a background in electronics and circuit assembly, there's not much you can do except buy a new set. Allow me to explain...

The wire from the mic element goes into and through the flexible rubber section, winds its way through the moveable arm part and attaches to a small circuit board near the left earpiece. The wire is double-stranded, just like you'd find in a set of earbud headphones. What has more than likely happened (at least it's what was wrong with mine) is that the outer wire (or shield) has broken inside from putting the microphone up and down multiple times.

Replacing the wire is what is needed, and if you have an old set of earbuds you're going to throw away, you can try and use THAT wire to replace the broken section. Make sure it's about a foot long, but give yourself LOTS of extra just in case. If you have a good, clean soldering iron and good eyesight, you shouldn't have any problems.

OR!

You could call their customer service:
    (800) 544-4660 Ext. 5538
    (831) 426-5858 Ext. 5538

Fax:
    (888) 290-4519

Service Center
    345 Encinal Street
    Santa Cruz, CA

****A FINAL WORD OF WARNING!!!****
    DO NOT attempt the above unless you are absolutely sure you know what you're doing. Plantronics most definitely will not repair anything that has been disassembled by the consumer, so proceed at your own peril.

Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

Images
    The error you are talking about, is that Windows XP compatibility? Just because it gives you that error doesnt mean the drivers dont work. Alot of brand-spanking-new video card drivers are also not Windows XP certified at the time of their release.

I've had my DSP 500's for a long time and i have not installed the drivers for it ever. Seems to work fine for me
    Friend's Don't Let Friend's Be Homo

Can't you just roll back to a previous restore point?

Images
    Does the equipment work on another PC? Do check that, to make sure they're still functional. If they aren't, trash them and buy a new set. If they still work, start troubleshooting your PC.

Try uninstalling anything related to the headphones, while the set is unplugged. I have the same set and you do not need anything installed to make them work.

*do not* roll back your USB drivers, as this may cause some problems that you won't know how to fix (from personal experience.. it took me forever to fix the problem rolling back caused)

If you have a semi recent system restore point (like previously mentioned) try that.

Good Luck.

I'm not going to help you on IM or TS, so don't ask.

Images
    Well, since everyone thinks it's really a software problem, I put the old 2.0 drivers in the "Unfiled Software" folder where you can grab it. I'm still using that version and they work fine in XP.

Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

Images
    Chongo, they work perfectly fine on my dell, so I dont know wtf is going on lol, and who said I wanted to talk to you on ts or im. :P

Twitch Guest
    I want to talk to Chongo on TS. He's got a sexie ass voice that really turns me on.

Images
    I got some of these headphones and they are good. I havent had any probs yet. As a matter of fact i would recommend these headphones.

peace

xdoc
    Victoria Siempre!!

Thread Information