Thread: Gamespy Tournament Issues

Images

Gamespy Tournament Issues

So I need a little help from you guys,

Gamespy/EA are having this tournament for $250,000 for the xbox BF2:mc game and it was supposed to start on the 22nd of November. It has been delayed and the admins won't respond with any information about the delays or anything else. It's now almost 20 days later and they wanted to start the tournament today (with no map list or format for the game (CTF or Conquest)). They are just running this thing into the ground and they are getting paid to do it.

Here is a post that I put on the xbox BF2:MC forums:

EA isn’t the only one having issues. This is quit possibly the worst run tournament I have ever been involved with. I have been playing competitive video games for a while and this is just a freaking joke. There is NO communication from your crack admin team. They tell us one thing and constantly do another. They give us little to know information about the type of tournament we are playing until the day before the tournament.

The sheer incompetence involved in this thing is mind boggling. I understand that it's HARD to organize a tournament this large in such a short period of time, but you guys are going about it all wrong. Instead of running around blaming all the issues on the players switching clans....why not try and get the community that is here EVERYDAY to help you out. I for one would have loved to volunteer my time to help with this tournament and helped with anything that you needed. In fact I offered to help in 2 of the 12 emails that I sent to the various admins of your tournament that were never answered or addressed.

I invested a lot of time in this game and buying xboxes for my team and getting them all connected. Yet here we are with no communication from your admin team until 2 days ago and then again today. Why not get some people that know what they are doing to run the tournament. I'll do it, Hell I'll take 2 weeks off work and ONLY do this. All you have to do is ask, but your CRACK team clearly has other issues at hand and is WAY to busy to let the community know about it.
    Seriously, Contact me I probably have more experience running these things that your whole team combined.

www.20id.org
    #20id on gamesurge.net
    jderrick@comcast.net

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Here is a link to the post

http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespyarena/topic.asp?fid=15673&tid=1798834&p=1

Keep in mind today is the VERY FIRST DAY this particular person is posting.

SO my point?

Help me get some non-retarded people running this tournament by contacting gamespy and letting them know how horrible this tournament is being run!

Here are all the gamespy/IGN numbers

How bout contacting the peeps at IGN/Gamespy.

Game spy is IGN here are their numbers
    Headquarters 8 000 Marina Boulevard, 4th Floor
    Brisbane, CA 94005
    T: 415-508- 2000
    F: 415-508- 2001

Ask for them by Name
    Mark Jung - Chief Executive Officer
    Michael Sheridan - Chief Financial Officer
    Ken Keller - Executive Vice President, Engineering and CTO
    David Phillips - Executive Vice President of Corporate Strategy & General Counsel
    Dale Strang - Executive Vice President and General Manager, Media and Publishing Division
    Jamie Berger - Vice President/GM Consumer Products
    Richard J alichandra - Vice President, Business Development
    Mark S tieglitz - Vice President/GM Publisher Services

Regional Offices

New York - 400 Lafayette Street, 4th Floor New York, NY 10003

T: 212-601- 2200
    F: 212-725- 4630

Los Angeles - 10811 Washington Boulevard, 4th Floor Culver City, CA 90232
    T: 310-280- 7803
    F: 310-280- 7804

Costa Mesa - 3070 Bristol Street, Suite 200 Costa Mesa, CA 92626
    T: 714-460- 6700
    F: 714-460- 6799

Emeryville - 220 0 Powell Street, Suite 1085 Emeryville, CA 94608
    T: 510-595- 2940
    F: 510-595- 2946

Chicago - 10 1 North Wacker Drive, Suite 611 Chicago, IL 60606
    T: 312-780- 7472
    F: 312-780- 7586

Montreal - 4 200 St-Laurent, Suite 709 Montreal, Quebec H2W 2R2 Canada
    T: 514-908-2552
    F: 514- 843- 3650

Tell them how much this tourney sucked and the previous ones did too! Let's light a fire under their asses!
    Last edited by x[ji-had]; 12-12-2005 at 09:32 PM.
    Vin Diesel once showed me a video of him making love to my wife, and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!

Those asses had put together a tourney at the Anaheim convention center just two months ago and botched it all up by posting the dates and times on their website only to change the date to a different time with out informing anyone. We bitched them out! Because we all prepaid. None the less, they gave us our money back with an apology. This tourney was for BF2 and for 10k and the xbox360.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj
    Those asses had put together a tourney at the Anaheim convention center just two months ago and botched it all up by posting the dates and times on their website only to change the date to a different time with out informing anyone. We bitched them out! Because we all prepaid. None the less, they gave us our money back with an apology. This tourney was for BF2 and for 10k and the xbox360.
    Yea man i was looking forward to that and it fuckin pissed me off that they were such retards on the dates </3 IGN

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj
    IGN live was such a fucking joke its not even funny...
    "The difference between ingenuity and insanity is measured only by success" - Eliot Carver

Quote Originally Posted by x[shady]
    IGN live was such a fucking joke its not even funny...
    Did you try and register that day? I posted it about it on the forums about how bitchen it was going to be and then i got fucked.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information