Thread: RIAA sues woman who has never owned a computer.

RIAA sues woman who has never owned a computer.

I guess this proves that they just pick the people they sue at random, and everybody they picked really has pir8ed something

Images
    link?

Images
    RIAA Sues Woman With No PC:
    When the RIAA sues people that have never owned a PC, it really makes you wonder exactly “how” they come up with the list of people they sue. Telephone book and a dart?

"Ms Lindor has not only never 'downloaded, distributed or made available for distribution' any files, but has never purchased, used or even turned on a computer in her life," her lawyers wrote in a letter to Judge David Trager.

those guys are fcuked up, seriously they all need to be dragged out of there houses and be shot.

I've got to believe that the people behind the RIAA have never owned a PC before in their life, either.
    Hell is--other people!

Here's another good one from ars:
    In 2003, they mistakenly targeted a 66-year-old woman for allegedly sharing gangsta rap. But this case goes a bit further, as Mrs. Walton actually passed away in December 2004.
    and here they coerced a witness into perjury. This gets better all the time. I wish more people would stop buying cd's to say

Images
    181 gigs of mp3's, cd's owned 0

to bad most of it is dj live sets they put up on the internet anyways for downloading.

pwnt

x[bouncy]
    Last edited by x[bouncy]; 02-09-2006 at 10:20 AM.
    "The devil grows inside the hearts of the selfish and wicked... White brown yellow and black color is not restricted... You have a self destructive destiny when your inflicted... And you'll be one of gods children that fell from the top... Theres no diversity because were burning in the melting pot... So when the devil wants to dance with you, you better say never cause a dance with the devil might last you forever..."

-Immortal Technique

I would totally buy CDs -- especially as presents -- if I had a better opinion of the music industry.

With record companies the way they are and the people that they represent and the culture they inflict to make money and the crap they support.. I really don't care to support them.

That said, I've listened to less and less mainstream stuff since the 90s. I really think it's been going downhill big time.

<shrug>
    Hell is--other people!

Pretty soon, RIAA will have to pay the people to listen to their music.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Images
    I dunno, the biggest qualm i have with record labels is this. Cd's = a way outdated media, they still charge 12-20 dollars an album and everyone knows it costs about a dollar tops to actually do that, hell buy a 100 spool burn a 100 albums, do it for under a 100 dollars.

they need to change their media type and get with the days, tell then they are fighting a losing battle.

x[bouncy]
    "The devil grows inside the hearts of the selfish and wicked... White brown yellow and black color is not restricted... You have a self destructive destiny when your inflicted... And you'll be one of gods children that fell from the top... Theres no diversity because were burning in the melting pot... So when the devil wants to dance with you, you better say never cause a dance with the devil might last you forever..."

-Immortal Technique

Thread Information