Thread: Verizon

Images

Angry Verizon

Where to begin?

I have been a Verizon cellular customer since 2000. My wife signed us up and was the primary on the account. Up until February 2006 our record has been clean, no outstanding bills no issues.

July 2005 my wife gets a job and is placed on the companies Verizon Corporate account. This begins a four month process to remove her as our primary and set her up on the corporate account. I'm going to be nice and say the process went poorly.

October 2005 I get my own account. The service agent tells me that according to my previous minutes all I need is the $39.99 per month plan. At this point I'm happy thinking wow I am saving $50 - $60 per month from the family plan, things are good.

February 2006 things aren't good anymore. I get my first real bill and it is $165 for the month. I call Verizon and ask WTF? They tell me I am hosed that I spent my minutes almost doubled them and there is nothing I can do but pay. I ask for the manager "Steve" whose whole role in the company is to say no to everything and fook me. With no hope in site I ask "Steve" to up my account to the $59.99 plan and I think it is all good though I still agree to pay the $165 for February & $195 for March which has already been billed???? again I say WTF? But I have to live with this.

Now I believe that I have had my account changed to the $59.99 plan and continue to use the phone like before. I just received a bill today for another $165 with the base plan of $39.99 and overage charges accounting for the additional $125???? I am ready to shit myself.

I immediately get on the phone and talk to customer service. The first call servant can not help, I go to manager number 1 and ask her to verify my last call's with "Steve" she says that in her records I denied upping my minutes. I ask to speak with her manager. They tell me within 72 hrs I'll hear back.

The phone call comes three hours later. The lady listens to my whole story, the third time I have had to recall it today (4th now with this letter) and she then puts me on hold and says she is going to review my file. About five minutes later she takes me off hold and tells me that I have been denied and my only option is to pay Verizon the $165 but that she can change my rate for next month? I was pissed off and try to rationalize with her on the phone for another 45 minutes but there was nothing there. I then told her I wanted to up my minutes and she said she needed to extend my account for an additional 12 months. I told her I have been a customer for six years and the only thing I want now is for my contract to end (October of 2007) so I never have to deal with Verizon again.

If anyone managed to read through this let me know if you have any suggestions or if you work for Verizon and may be able to help.

Sincerely,

x[cavyr]

Rick Cav.
    Last edited by x[cavyr]; 05-22-2006 at 09:34 PM.
    The Only Poem a Man should evar know!

Women
    Sometimes I hate Um
    Sometimes I love Um
    If I were a cave man I think I'd just club Um!

:Beat_Them

Images
    outside of filing a 'suit your pretty much SOL. You could try writing this letter to someone higher up the food chain.

Next time be a good consumer and verify what you wanted to happen happend.

Sucky.

Verizon Wireless definately needs work in their personel.

I activated 2 phones about 2+ years ago, I wanted 2 individual plans for 1 year.

They set me up for a Family Plan for 2 years.

I called, they said they would fix it. 2 months later, it still wasn't changed.

I called back, got ahold of a Supervisor, explained I didnt want a Family Plan and that also I only agreed to a 1 year contract.

I did end up getting my individual plans, but they never did change it from a 2 yr to a 1 yr contract.

Definately not as bad as yours, but if I wanted to cancel after the first year, I know I would be arguing with someone about the termination fee.

I've been with Verizon for about 7 or 8 years. I've never really had a problem with Verizon. When I first signed up, I got a phone, of course, and it was a basic no frills phone. Being that it was about 8 years ago you can imagine what the phone was like. It was the size of a brick and analog since digital wasn't available. I was required to sign a one year contract.

About 3 years ago, I decided to upgrade the phone, but I kept the same plan. I got a digital 2.0 megapixel camera phone with all the bells and whistles from Verizon. The bastard was expensive. The only problem I had was in order to activate and use the phone, I had no choice but to commit to a TWO year contract with Verizon. I argued with them that I'd already been a customer for 5 years and I didn't want to 'commit' with a new two year contract since I'd already fulfilled the one year contract years ago. I had no choice, or I could go elswhere, but they ALL force you to sign a term contract anyway.

They all force a contract on you, this I know. But since I had already been with Verizon for so long, I argued it wasn't necessary to have a 2 year contract. They bluntly told me, "You have to. Or, you can sign up with someone else." Their personel and policies suck. Otherwise, no probs.

Verizon does like to use their size to justify their general smugness. Take your money somewhere else as soon as you can, that is truly the only power you have over them.

Images
    You're going to find the same type of shotty customer service wherever you go.

I myself left Cingular for Verizon a few years back. I'm back to Cingular only cause my employer deals with their customer service and *I* don't get screwed on my bills.

I had almost the identical situation with Cingular as you did with Verizon, and if it's one thing I've learned when dealing with service type people, always ALWAYS call back to confirm what you asked them to do in the first place.

Images
    Close your account and pay the $200 early term fee.

It's better than 165 a month

Then go to T-mobile and get some customer service.

If you REALLY want, i can ask one of my buddys that works in verizons Data support to look at it. I can't promise anything, but these are my good buddies. So they may be able to get something to happen. Send me your phone number in PM and I'll see what I can get to happen.

I would leave the company and tell them you are moving to the South Pole (seriously) You can usually get around the ETF if you let them know that you are moving to a place that has no verizon coverage. Then find a company that is based on service...mobile phone service is turning into a service based industry. You can basically get the same service anywhere you go. It's all about the customer service you receive. Everything is awesome until something goes wrong with the service or the phone and then you get to deal with the seedy underbelly.
    Vin Diesel once showed me a video of him making love to my wife, and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!

Images
    Join the T-mob! Seriously...their WHOLE focus for the last year is getting the best customer service out of any wireless provider. They are on the EXACT same network as cingular out in CA, so this BS about bad reception on one GSM povider and better reception on another is retarded.

Seriously, they have pretty good CS at T-Mob.
    Vin Diesel once showed me a video of him making love to my wife, and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!

Images
    He's got a point. If I were to go with a provider of my own, I'd go with Catherine Zeta and T-Mobile. But, since I'm on the work account, I can't have such luxuries.

CZeta ftw!

DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Images
    I'm very happy with Cingular. I recently called to merge 2 lines into a family plan and added a 3rd line. The customer service people were very nice and friendly. I'm not too thrilled about the add-a-line fee and the switch-a-roo fee but that's like a standard for every single service.

Plus on a recent trip to Mammoth our Cingular phones worked flawlessly while all the Sprint phones did not work. Don't know about T-mobile or Verizon in that area.

Oh yeah, Cav, you can try Better Business Bureau. Don't know if they can help you, but at least you can unleash some misery onto Verizon by siccing the government dog on it.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

-- Sledge Hammer

11. Actually, a lot of cell phone contracts have a clause that says that if you're costing the company too much money (as in you're using up a lot of roaming minutes), the company can terminate your contract. But seeing as you're racking up $100+ bills every month they probably won't terminate your contract based on that.

Your best bet if you don't want to pay the the early term fee is to take it to the BBB or sue their asses. Hell, I would take it to the BBB regardless of what I did.

Images
    Everyone has problems with every provider. I myself switched from shitty Cingular to Verizon. Me being the intelligent individual that I am, I washed my cell phone a month or two ago. I had already tried to get my account switched totally into my name (had been paying my bills but was still on dad's social). For a straight switch, cingular wanted $400 deposit. I said screw that until i absolutely had to replace the phone after I washed it. I went into Cingular, they told me 1) they could even SELL me a phone that could replace mine 2) If i wanted a new phone I had to sign up for a new agreement (being that I was an old AT&T cust.) and 3) On top of all those fees I still had to pay $400 deposit. After promptly telling them to go fuck themselves I went to Verizon, got signed up, with company discount, bitchin phone with $50 mail-in-rebate, and no deposity. The grass is always greener. I know that doesnt help, sorry.

Images
    I have been a "Verizon" customer since I had my GTE go phone thing like 12 years ago. I have seriously never had a problem with them, have had 3 phones replaced due to equipment failure for free. I also had a huge problem with a $400 phone bill, but I called verizon and they retroactively signed me up for a plan with no roamin/long distance and I only ended up having to pay the difference in the plans for the 3 months back which was like $60. I think everyone else above is right though, you can choose to hate the company and go somewhere else but definately don't expect Cingular to be any better. I have also heard bad things about T-Mobile but then I am in Oregon, and I hear it's a lot better in Cali.

It sucks you got burned though, wish I had something usefull to suggest lol =/
    "When the going gets tough, the tough go cyclic"
    Email: provoker@xclan.org XFire: xprovoker

Images

Smile

Thanks for all the input.

Well I found the best thing to do is terminate my service, kinda.

Explanation: I was so fed up that this morning I decided to terminate the account I have had since 2000. The horrible customer service experience from Monday was more than buggin the shat out of me and I was ready to let the F-bombs fly knowing full well I was going to pony up to the termination fee. I was however pleasantly shocked as the lady on the phone asked "Why are you looking to terminate your account?" I responded "Just look at my customer logs and I'm sure you'll read plenty of good info, as to the why". She looked at my information and all she said was "You've been a customer since 2000 and Verizon doesn't want to lose you." ( I about shit myself at this point ) and then proceeded to say "What can we do to keep you as a client????????" ( I did shit myself at this point ). I re-explained my case and within two minutes she made my account retro-active for the last two months and credited my account for next month with the difference ( I was searching for toi-toi paper to clean up the stinky mess by now ). The only thing I had left was to tell her I was still pissed that I spent 45 minutes on the phone the day before trying to get the same thing done, again she gave her regrets. Now I'm thinking WTF? I can't argue with good customer service so I gave in and I agreed to sign on for the longer term. I did get what I wanted, which was the quality of service, and a rational person.... I guess the moral of this story is not to deal with the "Dark Underbelly of Society" but to kick the man in his pocket book and get results....:new_rainf

I am not totally happy as "Steve" still has a job, but hey my pocket book just got a BJ from a nice lady who was just a bit understanding.
    Last edited by x[cavyr]; 05-23-2006 at 10:10 PM.
    The Only Poem a Man should evar know!

Women
    Sometimes I hate Um
    Sometimes I love Um
    If I were a cave man I think I'd just club Um!

:Beat_Them

That's cool, she must've got laid the night before so she was in a good mood.

Thread Information