Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking while filling up

Images

Smoking while filling up

Today's experience nearly made me go nuclear. Allow me to explain...

I was out riding my bike on this most beautiful of days. It's "Rodeo Week" in my little shit-hole town, so everything is asshole-to-elbow busy. I stopped of at McD's for lunch, did some light shopping at RiteAid, then stopped off at the gas station to get some smokes and sodas.

Let me preface this by stating that, yes, I'm a smoker.

As I propped my bike next to the building, I looked over and saw Mr. Dipshit. Filling his ancient Buick LeSabre with one hand, dragging on a Marlboro with the other. I stopped and said, "Hey, you mind putting that out?"

He looked directly at me and said, and I quote, "Fuck off, asshole."

Well, needless to say, today I felt like being a dick. I walked over to him and said, "Either put it out, or I put YOU out." in a complete deadpan. He looked at me, kind of like a dog does when he hears a strange noise, then threw the cig on the ground and stamped it out. In as nice a voice as I could muster, I said "Thanks!" and went on into the convenience store.

My whole point is this: what kind of brain dead water-headed retard do you have to be to have a lit cigarette in your face while you're pumping gasoline??? It's the fluid that powers your internal COMBUSTION engine, for fuck's sake! Combustion = big bada boom, dumbass! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, yet I see it all over the place!

My only saving grace is knowing that Mr. Dipshit will die in an explosion caused by him and his cousin/brother/uncle Cletus lighting 1/4 sticks of dynamite with matches taped to their dicks or something...

Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

Images
    Good for you to put him in his place. People are stupid, and will eventually destroy everyone, one gas station at a time.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    I do what I do best, take scores. You do what you do best, try to stop guys like me.

Images
    does a cig get hot enough to ignite gasoline? i know it won't to rocket fuel heh
    jedi.turk
    my force is in you

Images
    hahahah punked!!!
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

Boy, you're an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk
    does a cig get hot enough to ignite gasoline? i know it won't to rocket fuel heh
    It doesn't take much to ignite gasoline vapors.

Images
    If you threw a cigarette into a bucket of gas, it would likely not ignite (same with a match) but the vapors you find at the pump are much easier to combust.

Images

heh

If enough gas prices blew up at least we could find some higher gas prices. I'm tired of only paying $1.49 a gallon.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[raider134]
    If enough gas prices blew up at least we could find some higher gas prices. I'm tired of only paying $1.49 a gallon.
    ...cry me a river. lowest i can find is 3.05

edit nm..still tho..1.49!?!?!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[gunmanelite]
    ..."Either put it out, or I put YOU out."
    Hah I love that. I've seen a few peeps smoking at the pump...that's a Darwin award waiting to happen.

I agree with Adam. You should of just let him blow himself up and clean out the gene pool.

I would of told him to put it out to especially if I was pumping gas next to him.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by x[gunmanelite]
    "Either put it out, or I put YOU out."
    It's funny how people are so willing to talk a bit of shit until you seriously threaten them, then they cower at the idea of actual violence.
    "I six packed the Fish!?"

x[gunmanelite] is now a level 2 fighter.

I just punched a hurricane! WOOOOO!!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[flamer]
    If you threw a cigarette into a bucket of gas, it would likely not ignite (same with a match) but the vapors you find at the pump are much easier to combust.

mythbusters did a show on this. They tried everything to make a cigarette ignite gas, nothing worked. Their point was in the movies you always see someone throw a light cig or cigar into a gasoline trail and boom it ignites. If I remember correctly a cig only gets to be around 450 degrees and gas iginites around 500.

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2005/07/m..._on_trial.html

found a link, I was a little off on the degrees
    Last edited by buzzsaw; 07-20-2006 at 09:06 PM.

Images
    so i was right then
    jedi.turk
    my force is in you

beat me to it,.

bastards beat me, i saw that episode and now when I see those warning labels on the gas pumps I laugh, but out of respect for those morons around me who think at any second I can blow them up I go to the side of the building to smoke if I am going to at all.
    x[ronin]

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[ronin]
    bastards beat me, i saw that episode and now when I see those warning labels on the gas pumps I laugh, but out of respect for those morons around me who think at any second I can blow them up I go to the side of the building to smoke if I am going to at all.
    I would think you would do it out of common sense, not out of "respect for those morons around me". Just because the results were inconclusive in an episode of Myth Busters does NOT mean it can't happen, and I damn sure didn't want to blow the fuck up that day.

Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

Images
    ^^^ I concur...smoking near anything that emits flammable vapors is just stupid...

MB is not was i am primarily basing it off of, just the other dozen or so projects that have researched this....

im not here to argue, i dont smoke near the pumps simply because I dont need someone flipping out....thats it.
    x[ronin]

In light of this I think I will start smoking at fuel pumps even though I don't even smoke. Then, when some guy physically assaults me I'll spray him with gasoline and flick the cigarette at him to show him it won't turn him into a flaming alpha.

Thread Information