Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Guns pointed at your head + VT shootings.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sactown, Best Coast
    Posts
    1,378
    Images
    1
    Im not even bothering replying specifically to your horseshit. You want to make all these brave claims from the safety from behind your monitor, after everything is all said and done and all the facts are out thats fine. You apparently want to insult the people who did die and call them cowards thats fine. You want to judge people on how they reacted to horrible situations thats fine. Have your opinion. Im through with your hypothetical nonsense. Go dwell on whether or not a different gun would have killed more people or less.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    I do what I do best, take scores. You do what you do best, try to stop guys like me.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,211
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by x[johnblaze] View Post
    Im not even bothering replying specifically to your horseshit. You want to make all these brave claims from the safety from behind your monitor, after everything is all said and done and all the facts are out thats fine. You apparently want to insult the people who did die and call them cowards thats fine. You want to judge people on how they reacted to horrible situations thats fine. Have your opinion. Im through with your hypothetical nonsense. Go dwell on whether or not a different gun would have killed more people or less.
    A-fuckin'-men!


    Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

    off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mission Bay Park
    Posts
    1,822
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by x[johnblaze] View Post
    Im not even bothering replying specifically to your horseshit. You want to make all these brave claims from the safety from behind your monitor, after everything is all said and done and all the facts are out thats fine. You apparently want to insult the people who did die and call them cowards thats fine. You want to judge people on how they reacted to horrible situations thats fine. Have your opinion. Im through with your hypothetical nonsense. Go dwell on whether or not a different gun would have killed more people or less.

    Now you're retreating from this thread!!!!

    Smoke more weed and contemplate a better hiding spot since this thread is too much.

    They're dead because they didn't fight back, what else are they but cowards? How is it an insult? That's an accurate description, they died HIDING. What do cowards do? They Cower!

    cow·ard /ˈkaʊərd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kou-erd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.
    –adjective
    2. lacking courage; very fearful or timid.
    3. proceeding from or expressive of fear or timidity

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,211
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by x[mr.bitch] View Post
    Now you're retreating from this thread!!!!

    Smoke more weed and contemplate a better hiding spot since this thread is too much.

    They're dead because they didn't fight back, what else are they but cowards? How is it an insult? That's an accurate description, they died HIDING. What do cowards do? They Cower!

    cow·ard /ˈkaʊərd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kou-erd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.
    –adjective
    2. lacking courage; very fearful or timid.
    3. proceeding from or expressive of fear or timidity
    I think it's time for you to check yourself, brother. You're calling them cowards? Can you state with 100% certainty that you would have done something heroic if placed in an identical situation? But by pointing out that they were cowards for doing "nothing", that's exactly what you ARE saying. That makes you a liar.

    Enough with the posturing and tell the truth. You would be scared shitless, just like any other person on this board (except maybe Tex...). That makes you no different than any of the people that died in those classrooms. It makes you human. It's okay to be scared sometimes. But don't, not even for one second, think that you are any better than any of those victims.


    Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

    off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    high altitude of colorado
    Posts
    399
    Images
    48
    I generally do not respond to threads like this but I just wanted to add some info. I don't claim to be a scientist (unless I stayed at a Holiday Inn of course), but I have a friend who works at the Salk insitute in the Neurobiology labarotory. A lot of what went on at Va tech can be attributed to chemical processes in the brain. You had an unstable gunman, who at some point in time was/or needed to be medicated, and the students when posed with an acute threat had their "flight or fight" response triggered.
    Flight or fight response is exactly as it's stated. The question is, why didn't they fight back (or run if they had a means of exiting)? As my friend puts it, the human brain is still a mystery to most. Some people will just freeze. As he also explains it, if cornered, some people will fight (whereas when someone senses danger, they run). In this situation (this point is not completely proven), self preservation kicks in for SOME. In which case some (if not most) people would not put their life before others. In a sense, you could call them selfish to a degree, but once again this is all due to a response caused by a chemical reaction. It's one thing when you're threatened by the school bully in the elementary schoolyard, but this situation is much more extreme. The fact of the matter is that you cannot call someone a coward because you are not (or in this case for most, were not) them. I respect Mr. B's opinion on his statement he would fight, but as J-blaze pointed out, you have to be in that position of crisis to actually KNOW what you would do. The reactions in your brain are so strong, you cannot assume what you would do until you reach that point. Another point my friend brought up is that even if you do decide to fight, your body is so flooded with chemicals that for SOME you cannot think straight and PERHAPS make the situation worse.
    If you want to debate this, by all means do so, but researching online does not stand up to a man who has been working with the brain for 15+ years. As he puts, "nothing can be entirely proven with the brain because so little is known about how it truly works."

    Just wanted to add my .02 cents to this thread. P-slap

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mission Bay Park
    Posts
    1,822
    Images
    35
    Yes, of course I would be scared. I got put in a fight or flight moment, I ended up fighting back to a degree, but all the options entered my mind, almost like a menu (imagine the red voice-response menu in the first terminator when he ends up responding with "Fuck You, Asshole") I had "run, punch guy in front, punch guy on left, call out for help, bargain) all enter my mind once the option was delivered.... "If don't want any trouble, you'll give my friend here your wallet..." I ended up bargaining and asked him if he just wanted the cash, vs taking my creditcards + ID. And he agreed, and I got away with no damage and -50 dollars.

    If I was first to get shot, then that's just shit luck, like the first people at VT to get shot, but if I cowered for 90 seconds and hid, I would feel shitty about myself for not attempting something, fire alarm, throw a desk, etc. Personally, I think I would, I can't be 100% sure, but I can be 95%, and those are good odds.

    The point entirely is if people DID do something, <32 people would have died. That is my original stance.

    In response to the cowards, unfortunately, if the shoe fits.... Coward doesn't mean you're a bad person, or inferior, it's just our culture, people are mostly conditioned to be passive. Being passive is a better way to live, it's a lot more peaceful, but there is a side-effect as was shown at VT. Maybe Passive is a nicer sounding word? Sometimes I'm an asshole for effect, of course I feel sorry for them and their families.

    p.s. Sometimes it's fun to have controversial threads. I don't bring messageboard shit out into real life (like hard feelings) This is all for fun and mental exercise. Shit gets boring when everyone agrees all the time, or topics of "I like cheese" or something not mentally stimulating :)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,256
    Images
    3272
    Flight of fight. BITCH FLIGHTS@!!

    regardless.. some did fight, but definately not enough unfortunately. Two stuck out in my head if I'm remembering right... one guy who was going in to the military and the other who survived ww2/holocaust... Probably the only two who could logically think in such a situation? shrug

  8. #28

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    !nSaNeD!eGo, Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,519
    So, Mr Bitch, if the threat is within a few leaps of you, go get em Tiger and
    risk your life to take out the threat!

    ...but if the threat's half a world away, it's got to all be lies even though we
    know it to be true and we should cower instead?

    pffft bahahahaha ... and you're telling other people to go smoke pot yada
    yada .. coming from you that's the funniest shit I've see you post in awhile!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mission Bay Park
    Posts
    1,822
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMan View Post
    So, Mr Bitch, if the threat is within a few leaps of you, go get em Tiger and
    risk your life to take out the threat!

    ...but if the threat's half a world away, it's got to all be lies even though we
    know it to be true and we should cower instead?

    pffft bahahahaha ... and you're telling other people to go smoke pot yada
    yada .. coming from you that's the funniest shit I've see you post in awhile!
    Are you trying to cross threads and saying Iraq was a threat? Just address it there. Iraq didn't have any ties to alqueda or 9/11, Iraq didn't have any WMDs. If you still truly believe any of that to be true, then this discussion isn't even possible, it's like arguing with a fundamentalist Christian. Ignore the truth for your own justification.

    Iraq has cost us 3300+ soliders and wounded 25000+ more, for nothing.

    P.S. Nice fucking stretch comparing a flight or fight intimate situation with International politics. Might as well do a comparison of Deep sea fishing and cheese with how closely they are related.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    !nSaNeD!eGo, Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,519
    I'm comparing your assanine suggestion that the people who died were
    cowards for not doing something to stop the V-Tech shooter BEFORE he
    capped 32 people, while at the same time you suggest(ed) that none of the
    enemies in the Middle East are actual threats and what we're doing (or what
    you perceive we may do ie: Iran) is all based on lies when, in fact, there are
    very real threats based on fact. The threats we face abroad, especially from
    the Middle East, is exactly that, fight or flight. It's not a stretch to associate
    your stance on V-Tech with your opposite stance on our actions abroad.

    No one has died in Iraq or Afghanistan for "nothing". You pretend like you
    know wtf you're talking about, yet you only know what you care to believe
    while ignoring the facts. It's a fact Al-Qaeda is in Iraq, this very day, and yet
    you claim it's not true even though it's proven not only by us, but other
    countries as well. It's a fact that Saddam had WMD's, he gassed his own
    people with them. It's the same old shit different day with you.

    Preventive actions now, or wait until we get ass raped again before actually
    doing something. If we waited to be ass raped again, you and your ilk would
    bitch and complain that Bush and company didn't do enough, didn't take
    steps top prevent it, yada yada blah blah whine sniffle. When our President
    does do something, he's a liar and murderer, and oil money grubber yada
    yada blah blah whine sniffle. It's the same with the V-Tech shooter. AFTER
    THE FACT, you're all "they're cowards for not doing something", yet in a
    similar scenario but on a much larger scale, we do things top preempt mass
    murder and further attacks on the US and our allies and it's all "lies! waste of life! blah blah!!!"

    It's your duality and utter stupidity that I am highlighting Mr Bitch. I'm not
    surprised you can't see it, but I'm shocked you can't acknowledge it since it's
    been pointed out to you... but I guess it stands to reason seeing the stance
    you take the rest of reality.

    You and your ilk... "It's fake, but accurate!"

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,297
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by x[mr.bitch] View Post
    Iraq didn't have any WMDs.
    And we found that out by actually going in there to take a look.

    Quote Originally Posted by x[mr.bitch] View Post
    Iraq has cost us 3300+ soliders and wounded 25000+ more, for nothing.
    Not true. We learned 2 things:

    1. Iraq didn't have WMD.
    2. Not everyone is cut out for democracy. We will keep that in mind.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

    -- Sledge Hammer

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mission Bay Park
    Posts
    1,822
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    And we found that out by actually going in there to take a look.



    Not true. We learned 2 things:

    1. Iraq didn't have WMD.
    2. Not everyone is cut out for democracy. We will keep that in mind.
    According to all the UN reports, we knew that before we went to take a look....

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,256
    Images
    3272
    Quote Originally Posted by x[mr.bitch] View Post
    According to all the UN reports, we knew that before we went to take a look....
    source?

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mission Bay Park
    Posts
    1,822
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMan View Post
    I'm comparing your assanine suggestion that the people who died were
    cowards for not doing something to stop the V-Tech shooter BEFORE he
    capped 32 people
    Address the point, am I right or wrong? Is hiding under your desk while those around you get shot not an act of cowardice?

    , while at the same time you suggest(ed) that none of the
    enemies in the Middle East are actual threats
    Which one was a threat to us before we invaded Iraq and labeled Iran "Evil"?

    What were their possible methods of attacking us?

    and what we're doing (or what
    you perceive we may do ie: Iran) is all based on lies when, in fact, there are
    very real threats based on fact.
    Such as? Are you suggesting that we'd be fucking retarded enough to start another Pre-emptive defense war in Iran?

    The threats we face abroad, especially from
    the Middle East, is exactly that, fight or flight.
    It doesn't help that we have caused most of the threats we face abroad. Mideast wise it's mainly our Unilateral backing of Israel, and for Iran it also happens to be that whole Shah of Iran debacle, oh, and the whole "Evil" label


    It's not a stretch to associate
    your stance on V-Tech with your opposite stance on our actions abroad.
    The actions of an individual vs the action of a nation is an ENORMOUS fucking stretch by any concept of rational thought. Or are you saying that all opposing nations are equivilant to "Deranged suicidal/stalker gunman?"

    No one has died in Iraq or Afghanistan for "nothing". You pretend like you
    know wtf you're talking about,
    What have they died for? We weren't in danger and nothing is getting accomplished over there, we are embroiled in a civil war.

    yet you only know what you care to believe
    while ignoring the facts. It's a fact Al-Qaeda is in Iraq, this very day, and yet
    you claim it's not true even though it's proven not only by us, but other
    countries as well.
    No, I said Saddam didn't have ties to alqueda, the fact that alqueda appeared in the power vacuum makes perfect fucking sense and increased "terrorism" by Al Queda and others in the wake of our occupation was completely expected.

    It's a fact that Saddam had WMD's, he gassed his own
    people with them.
    Then were are they? Why were they never found? It would be a huge "smoking gun" but guess what, there were NONE and there hadn't been any in over a decade.

    You know who else has WMDs? Us.

    It's the same old shit different day with you.

    Preventive actions now, or wait until we get ass raped again before actually
    doing something.
    Preventative actions have caused the lives of countless Iraqis and killed 3400 US and injured many times more.

    On the world stage you cannot act in this manner, it's how the germans acted. Killing someone because you think they MIGHT kill you is fucking ridiculous and barbaric. Do you think that reasoning would hold up in court? "Your honor, I think he might have killed me so I killed him first"

    If we waited to be ass raped again, you and your ilk would
    bitch and complain that Bush and company didn't do enough didn't take steps top prevent it, yada yada blah blah whine sniffle.
    ,

    Shut the fuck up, this shit is retarded, you have no idea what I would think for a completely hypothetical situation. It didn't happen.

    When our President
    does do something, he's a liar and murderer, and oil money grubber yada
    yada blah blah whine sniffle.
    He has a 30% approval rating, he doesn't listen to the will of the people. He's a liar for sure, and an idiot, but nope, he's not a murderer, he never killed anyone, but his ineptitude has caused the deaths of many.

    It's the same with the V-Tech shooter. AFTER
    THE FACT, you're all "they're cowards for not doing something",
    Yes, usually you would judge an action AFTER they happen.

    yet in a
    similar scenario but on a much larger scale,
    Similar Scenario? Iraq was not a deranged gunman that came in firing at the US. They never even attacked us. You are completely fucking delusional if you think these scenarios are in any way similar.


    we do things top preempt mass
    murder and further attacks on the US and our allies and it's all "lies! waste of life! blah blah!!!"
    Who are you to judge what will happen before it happens? Can I borrow your "see into the future" glasses? Holy Fuck dude. Guilty until proven innocent eh?

    It's your duality and utter stupidity that I am highlighting Mr Bitch. I'm not
    surprised you can't see it, but I'm shocked you can't acknowledge it since it's
    been pointed out to you... but I guess it stands to reason seeing the stance
    you take the rest of reality.
    What fucking duality? The two situations have NOTHING to do with each other. We were never attacked by Iraq!

    You and your ilk... "It's fake, but accurate!"

    Smoke more Meth and go back to jerking off to Ann Coulter and watching your fair and balance Faux News.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    !nSaNeD!eGo, Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,519
    Of all your obviously nutjob counter points and mindless drivel, I'll address two:

    Who are you to judge what will happen before it happens? Can I
    borrow your "see into the future" glasses? Holy Fuck dude. Guilty until proven
    innocent eh?
    Insane argument and the biggest tell regarding where your head's at. For you
    to even suggest that preemptive actions have no basis in reality, proves
    you don't live in it.

    Smoke more Meth and go back to jerking off to Ann Coulter and watching your fair and balance Faux News.
    Truly, the best example of the type of retort from a person lacking even a
    glimmer of actual intelligence. It's also a defensive posture that is
    tantamount to a 5-year old who knows he/she is wrong, and lacks the
    maturity level to accept it and deal with it. Plus, of all the people around
    here, you're the most proud and willing to exhort the greatness of drug
    abuse, and you suggest I must be on drugs... back read your posts Mr Bitch, after
    you're clean and sober a few months first though.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mission Bay Park
    Posts
    1,822
    Images
    35
    Meat, you're the reject that got booted out of this clan and keeps hanging around like a sad lost puppy.

    All you do is spout your bullshit uber-rightwing rhetoric that's completely devoid of actual clues of how the international world operates.

    The end result of your form of politics is what we have today, a world that hates us.

    I say you smoke meth because you talk like a fucking meth-addled lunatic.

    I don't condone drug abuse in the slightest. There's a thing I'd like to call moderation.


    You still haven't addressed any point I've put to bear with any sort of facts.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    !nSaNeD!eGo, Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,519
    Point(s) proven.

    thanks!

  19. #39

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,256
    Images
    3272
    personal attacks ftw




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Boom Head-head Shot!
    By x[chongo] in forum Media Mayhem
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 07:04 PM
  2. guns..
    By x[chibi] in forum Random Thoughts
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:08 AM
  3. MP3 players built in guns
    By El_Jefe in forum Random Thoughts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 09:15 PM
  4. Woohaa Vt Key For Me!!
    By x[mr.bitch] in forum MMORPG and RPG gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2002, 04:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •