Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: HD TV's

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 1998
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    2,244
    Images
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by x[mr.bitch] View Post
    I have a samsung HL-T DLP, rainbow effect is a thing of the past because these new sets use 3 color LEDs instead of a white bulb and color wheel.

    A little out of your range though.

    Looks amazing if you can pony up the extra cash for it.
    Amazingly I agree with bitch. The samsung led dlp 1080p tvs are amazing. At the end of the day , you get what you pay for. The vizio and westinghouse plasma / lcds are good for the money, but they wont match the quality of their higher end brethren.
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mission Bay Park
    Posts
    1,822
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by x[jbrhymer] View Post
    Amazingly I agree with bitch. The samsung led dlp 1080p tvs are amazing. At the end of the day , you get what you pay for. The vizio and westinghouse plasma / lcds are good for the money, but they wont match the quality of their higher end brethren.

    Why is it so amazing to agree with me?





















    Because I'm always right!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Posts
    693
    Images
    16
    OMG we're that much closer to the apocalypse!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,256
    Images
    3272












    accounts hacked? :Suspiciou

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Posts
    693
    Images
    16
    you should totally get this setup:
    http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/...s_flaunti.html

  6. #26
    I haven't looked at any TV's since I bought mine a year ago, but at that time the Aquos had recently come out and the picture was hands down the best I had seen. It was also expensive as hell.
    Samsungs are nice and cheap (er..sorry..."inexpensive" :) ), but we ended up getting a Sony because although the Samsungs are bright, their colors looked really fake. The Sony had much more natural colors. For instance..Dan Marino looked like a talking carrot. I know he has the orange tinge normally, but Im talking carrot. Big, orange, ugly carrot. Seriously. Not sure Im fully recovered from it yet. I never want to see that in my house!
    OMGHI2U!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mission Bay Park
    Posts
    1,822
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by x[doublevision] View Post
    I haven't looked at any TV's since I bought mine a year ago, but at that time the Aquos had recently come out and the picture was hands down the best I had seen. It was also expensive as hell.
    Samsungs are nice and cheap (er..sorry..."inexpensive" :) ), but we ended up getting a Sony because although the Samsungs are bright, their colors looked really fake. The Sony had much more natural colors. For instance..Dan Marino looked like a talking carrot. I know he has the orange tinge normally, but Im talking carrot. Big, orange, ugly carrot. Seriously. Not sure Im fully recovered from it yet. I never want to see that in my house!

    Only a fool wouldn't take the time to calibrate his TV after buying it. I'll usually side with the stereo mags on color reproduction since they've already calibrated it before review.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 1998
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    2,244
    Images
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by x[mr.bitch] View Post
    Only a fool wouldn't take the time to calibrate his TV after buying it. I'll usually side with the stereo mags on color reproduction since they've already calibrated it before review.
    OMG, again I agree with you. Have the planets aligned? Seriously though, you definitely cannot judge a tv on its display in a store. People mess with the controls and they are never calibrated.
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Plasma's/LCD's/DLP TV's
    By x[t-bone] in forum Tech Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 06:02 PM
  2. Toshiba to ship 50" SED Tv's starting in March '06!!
    By x[sliver] in forum Software and Cool tech news
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 06:49 PM
  3. hd help
    By x[odin] in forum Tech Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 02:30 PM
  4. KV-36XBR400 ???? anyone an expert on tv's ?
    By x[cheeze] in forum Random Thoughts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2001, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •