Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Thread

Images

TV Thread

So I'm in the market for a Flat Panel.

I'm focused in so far on the Samsung LNT5271F, or the Sony XBR4 46". Both have great reviews most everywhere I look. With the choices above I'm going for the Samsung as it's cheaper for a 52" and reviews are about equal.

BB has the set for $3,900
    Amazon: $2,799 ( http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LNT527.../dp/B000U9XMCE )

Does anyone have any other sets they would recommend? I do have a budget and I'm trying to buy a set that's going to last for the next 5-7 years. Has anyone had good experience with Vizio's? Just taking a pole check out there.
    The Only Poem a Man should evar know!

Women
    Sometimes I hate Um
    Sometimes I love Um
    If I were a cave man I think I'd just club Um!

:Beat_Them

Personally, I wouldnt buy a TV online. I bought my 56" online and when it arrived it had a dent in the top that distorted the screen slightly. Let me tell you about how much fun/ expensive it is to get a 56" TV back to the seller on the other coast.

Go to best buy once you are set with the model you want. The price difference should be minimal if any and you can inspect it locally so you can see if theres a problem or not.

Another reason to buy locally, is you can see for yourself. I like the way projections look (and cost) vs. flat panels and I'm not hanging mine on the wall, so it made more sense to get one (samsung HLS5687W). Whatever you get, make sure its 1080p.

Images
    That's the problem because Best Buy set is $1,000 more than Amazon. I figure for the cost difference I could have it installed and add a blu-ray or hd-dvd player as well. I am hanging it on the wall so I really don't want to do the install myself.
    The Only Poem a Man should evar know!

Women
    Sometimes I hate Um
    Sometimes I love Um
    If I were a cave man I think I'd just club Um!

:Beat_Them

If you have patience you should buy it online. Make sure you read about Amazon's return policy, specifically about tv. I believe you should inspect the tv on the spot when it arrives, and not accept it if it appears to be broken. Something like that, read up on buying tv's online.

Get a good tv, you got a good deal. Get a lemon then you just got to suck it up and prepare to deal with waiting on returning the tv, and waiting for them to send you another one. Either way you get a good deal, just maybe you will have to wait a lot longer if the tv is bad.

Method does have a point though, would most likely be easier to deal with if you buy locally than online. Shop around for the best price.

Images
    if anything amazon is one of the best for returns. Also look at buy.com and etronics.com.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBreesksow View Post
    I have two ebay IDs - allegate and nefnx - for a total of over 300 feedback and only I only have one negative. two IDs because I lost the one account to a scammer and it took awhile to get it back. now I use both, but never to bid on my own stuff. I would think that ebay would figure that one out pretty quickly. Im on CAG but I havent done any trading there. Ive bought, sold, and traded quite a few things from different GAFfers, though. Heck, thats how I got Ouendan. It sucks that the old thread was killed by scammers, but as big as it was maybe it was for the best. Starting a new one with fresh blood could being new people in who thought the other thread was too big to read/do business in.

EDIT: sold Ninja Five-O and Ouendan. Ill be putting my sealed copy of Ninja Five-O on ebay tomorrow and the link here.
    Dude really? For fucks sake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tip-democracy.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	4679  
    "....everyone wants to come to my house to RAGE."

Images
    Take all the money you want to spend on your TV, put it in your pocket, go to Costco, buy the biggest Vizio you can afford.

Done and done.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBreesksow View Post
    I have two ebay IDs - allegate and nefnx - for a total of over 300 feedback and only I only have one negative. two IDs because I lost the one account to a scammer and it took awhile to get it back. now I use both, but never to bid on my own stuff. I would think that ebay would figure that one out pretty quickly. Im on CAG but I havent done any trading there. Ive bought, sold, and traded quite a few things from different GAFfers, though. Heck, thats how I got Ouendan. It sucks that the old thread was killed by scammers, but as big as it was maybe it was for the best. Starting a new one with fresh blood could being new people in who thought the other thread was too big to read/do business in.

EDIT: sold Ninja Five-O and Ouendan. Ill be putting my sealed copy of Ninja Five-O on ebay tomorrow and the link here.
    you fucking dipshit. take the beaver of your cock and go outside.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."

Images
    Keep in mind that Best Buy will price match. I haven't tried to see if they will price match Amazon, but they have matched Costco.

Vizio makes great TVs for the price.

I am personally having trouble deciding between a Panasonic Viera 52" Plasma, or the new Mitsubishi 73" DLP. The DLP is fucking huge, and the price is great. Home Theater Review gave it pretty high marks, even though CNET kind of knocked it for poor black levels. I have seen it in 2 different stores and about 4 different lighting conditions and to me it looks gorgeous.

The plasma has the best color by far, but is a lot less TV for a little bit more $$. I am not sold on LED LCDs, they are far too bright for much other than sports IMO.
    "When the going gets tough, the tough go cyclic"
    Email: provoker@xclan.org XFire: xprovoker

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[provoker] View Post
    Keep in mind that Best Buy will price match. I haven't tried to see if they will price match Amazon, but they have matched Costco.

Vizio makes great TVs for the price.

I am personally having trouble deciding between a Panasonic Viera 52" Plasma, or the new Mitsubishi 73" DLP. The DLP is fucking huge, and the price is great. Home Theater Review gave it pretty high marks, even though CNET kind of knocked it for poor black levels. I have seen it in 2 different stores and about 4 different lighting conditions and to me it looks gorgeous.

The plasma has the best color by far, but is a lot less TV for a little bit more $$. I am not sold on LED LCDs, they are far too bright for much other than sports IMO.
    /clueless
    Good lord are there no good games to play?

Images
    Care to explain, bodyshot? Or are you limited to a one word reply because you are just trolling?

I was stating an opinion, hence the IMO. I have been reading a lot and going to stores because this will be my first TV purchase since my widescreen Sony XBR CRT. If you have a valid argument, I would love to hear it.

I want the best TV I can get, educate me =p
    Last edited by x[provoker]; 01-07-2010 at 07:36 AM.

Images
    11-13-2007, 07:31 pm
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[jenny] View Post
    11-13-2007, 07:31 pm
    lol
    "....everyone wants to come to my house to RAGE."

Images
    this thread is really old. (clues)

Images
    rofl at provoker getting all defensive over nothing

Images
    boo.

Well I am STILL in the market for a TV, hook up some advice!

Images
    what size range?

LED? LCD?

vizio just announced a 72 inch 480hz for $3499. that work for ya?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowarachh View Post
    vizio just announced a 72 inch 480hz for $3499. that work for ya?
    releasing Aug 2009, no?

better get it before California makes it so you cant have a TV bigger than 60 inches!
    OMGHI2U!

Thread Information