Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 110

Thread: Check out my Gun.

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,161
    Images
    1261
    Yar, .40

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,256
    Images
    3272
    Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo] View Post
    Ressurecting this post, for two reasons.

    1) I just purchased myself an xd-40. Have yet to pick it up (April 28), but I'm stoked to get out and fire it.

    2) Quik: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_XD

    They're using a shot of your gun! Rather, what was once yours.

    Edit: I see you submitted that pic to wikipedia. Nice to see it up there.
    NICE. Why the delay in the pickup? Custom build?

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,161
    Images
    1261
    Purchased and sold back in 1mo to the same shop, due to the original buyer's wife going apeshit. Supposedly only shot once (70ish rounds). It's damn clean.

    Gotta pass bg check.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,211
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by x[adambomb] View Post
    What caliber? Or does the "40" in XD-40 mean it's a .40? Enjoy your new toy!
    Yep, the XD line went the easy route with their naming. You want a 9mm, you get the XD9. I wanted a .45ACP, so...


    Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

    off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    [7][1][4]
    Posts
    870
    Images
    7
    sick..

    also, what kind of knife is that exactly



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,211
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcor3 View Post
    sick..

    also, what kind of knife is that exactly
    Benchmade 9100SBT Auto Stryker. Helluva knife.


    Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

    off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Santa Ana
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by x[gunmanelite] View Post
    Yep, the XD line went the easy route with their naming. You want a 9mm, you get the XD9. I wanted a .45ACP, so...
    Is the knife there if you run out of bullets
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,161
    Images
    1261
    Finally my pick up date. Got it in my mitts and I'm stoked!

  9. #49
    Now I have a Five-seveN

    here is a shitty picture myspace fucked...


  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Arcadia, CA
    Posts
    2,300
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Now I have a Five-seveN

    here is a shitty picture myspace fucked...
    Is it hard to find ammo for that? What does it shoot anyways?

    Chongo - have you fired your new toy yet?

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,161
    Images
    1261
    I have not. This weekend, for sure.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by x[adambomb] View Post
    Is it hard to find ammo for that? What does it shoot anyways?

    Chongo - have you fired your new toy yet?
    Actually no, I can find ammo at every large gun shop, its cheaper than shooting .223 right now.

    5.7x28mm, it uses the same bullet as the 5.56x45mm, just lighter grain.

    This is a line-up of pistol and rifle cartridges. From left to right: en:9 mm Luger Parabellum, en:.40 S&W, en:.45 ACP, en:5.7x28mm, en:5.56x45mm NATO, en:.300 Winchester Magnum, and a 2.75-inch and 3-inch 12 gauge.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Arcadia, CA
    Posts
    2,300
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Actually no, I can find ammo at every large gun shop, its cheaper than shooting .223 right now.

    5.7x28mm, it uses the same bullet as the 5.56x45mm, just lighter grain.
    That's a nasty looking round. What's the deal with .223 right now anyways? Seems like nearly every online ammo store is out of stock of the cheap stuff.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by x[adambomb] View Post
    That's a nasty looking round. What's the deal with .223 right now anyways? Seems like nearly every online ammo store is out of stock of the cheap stuff.
    bullet tax incoming. Everyone is hoarding everything. Hard to find even 30-30 right now.
    OMGHI2U!

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,161
    Images
    1261
    I'm glad I picked up my .40 vs 9mm or .45. I can still find .40 nearly every where I look, but 9mm and .45 is more often than not sold out.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,297
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo] View Post
    I'm glad I picked up my .40 vs 9mm or .45. I can still find .40 nearly every where I look, but 9mm and .45 is more often than not sold out.
    Lucky for you. I cannot find any 9mm or 45 anywhere. These are the only 2 pistol calibers I stock. My revolver and 2 lever action rifles are 357 magnum, which I reload.

    I will pick up my first Glock a week from today. Another 9mm.

    I found out I can shoot a Glock far better than any of my Sigs.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

    -- Sledge Hammer

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,161
    Images
    1261
    Why reolad 357 and not other calibers?

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,297
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo] View Post
    Why reolad 357 and not other calibers?
    I find 357 mag to be easier to reload. The case is very spacious so I can use different kind of powder. Some powder requires more grains and more room. Some not so much. The more grains, the slower the burn (usually). Slow burn means you can generate more speed from a long barrel.

    I have dies for 9mm too. But I find 9mm cases to be very small and limited in powder selection.

    Another big reason is the auto pistols throw brass all over the place. The revolver keeps everything in the cylinder until I unload them. Much easier collection.

    The biggest reason is probably the 357 mag die also reloads 38 special rounds. I have thousands of 38 special brass lying around. I usually load them to low end 357 mag spec.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

    -- Sledge Hammer

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    I find 357 mag to be easier to reload. The case is very spacious so I can use different kind of powder. Some powder requires more grains and more room. Some not so much. The more grains, the slower the burn (usually). Slow burn means you can generate more speed from a long barrel.

    I have dies for 9mm too. But I find 9mm cases to be very small and limited in powder selection.

    Another big reason is the auto pistols throw brass all over the place. The revolver keeps everything in the cylinder until I unload them. Much easier collection.

    The biggest reason is probably the 357 mag die also reloads 38 special rounds. I have thousands of 38 special brass lying around. I usually load them to low end 357 mag spec.
    What powders do you use, and where do you get them?
    Seems like even reloading stuff is getting hard to find now.
    Careful on the 357 reloads. Statistically that reloaded round is number 1 on the mishap list because people apparently get...."creative" with it. lol
    OMGHI2U!

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,297
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by x[doublevision] View Post
    What powders do you use, and where do you get them?
    Seems like even reloading stuff is getting hard to find now.
    Careful on the 357 reloads. Statistically that reloaded round is number 1 on the mishap list because people apparently get...."creative" with it. lol
    I have some old stuff left. Most of the reloading supplies are sold out as well. Or they are at inflated prices.

    I use Hodgdon HP38 for my loads. It's a fast burning powder.

    I do worry about some of my hand loads. Sometimes I'm just not sure if I charged it with 1 or 2 loads...

    Here's another good thing about 357 magnum. The case is spacious enough that you can shake it and listen to the powder inside. A double charge nearly fills up the case so it makes a very different sound than a standard single charge.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

    -- Sledge Hammer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gun
    By x[method] in forum Random Thoughts
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 04:30 PM
  2. Gun (2)
    By Quik in forum Media Mayhem
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 01:29 AM
  3. Top Gun 2
    By x[provoker] in forum Media Mayhem
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 04:28 PM
  4. Defender/Galil CSS gun, whats your gun?
    By lMgDlRice4you in forum FPS Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 02:29 AM
  5. What Gun Are You?
    By agent.smith in forum Random Thoughts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-23-2002, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •