Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer

Warhammer

Open Beta starts on the 7th for pre orders, who's in?

Images
    that game looks horrible.
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

Images
    got myself in the beta through fileplanet, it starts Sept 7th! gah cannot wait!

Quote Originally Posted by x[rsx] View Post
    that game looks horrible.
    So did you decide which server we are rolling on yet, rvr ftw

DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Images
    It's a Mythic production. It will soon degenerate into whine fest and attempts to balance the game will only exacerbate the problems.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

-- Sledge Hammer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    It's a Mythic production. It will soon degenerate into whine fest and attempts to balance the game will only exacerbate the problems.
    DAoC lasted a long time with a strong player base. If you throw some fucking orcs and some cute looking alliance type characters, it will sell millions I guess though.

Where does anything think WoW got a lot of their idea's and pvp shit? Mythic and I'm sure some of EQ which I've never played.

This game will be a great one imo.
    Signature

Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    It's a class based MMO. It will soon degenerate into whine fest and attempts to balance the game will only exacerbate the problems.
    Fixed

8. I'm in, also played the preview weekend last weekend, hell of a lot of fun even tho the lvl cap was 20. Some of the nice things about it:

You can go into an RvR or a scenerio (battleground) from the very beginning. Yup, at lvl 1 you have the option to go whoop some ass. When you go into said RvR enabled area you are automaticly bumped (in stats only) to lvl 8.

Maybe it was accelerated due to it being beta, but you lvl really pretty fast. I'm sure this will slow down as you reach higher lvls (max is 40 at launch), but you're gaining stuff all the time. You have the standard xp bar, then you gain renown ranks (max 80) through any pvp, then you gain area influence by participating in the public quests. Area influence is used in the quest hubs for free gear. Basicly.. you're always gaining something so it feels a lot less like a grind.. even tho it is.

XP from RvR. Yup, you can go from 1-40 and only do RvR if you want, you can also loot bodies of enemy players.. saw a couple epic pieces come from doing this over the weekend.

I was playing mostly a warrior priest, one friend played a witch hunter, and another played a bright wizard. At the end of the weekend every one of us was pretty sure our class was gonna get nerfed. I don't know.. maybe it's just that all the classes that are in actually work.

No form of stun or cc lasts for more than 5 sec. I think there is one that lasts 7.. but a lot of points have to be sacrificed to get there. There is virtually no "stun lock" and that's a good thing. Lack of cc brings me to the next point..

Collision detection is great! Basicly your cc is gonna be a wall of tank classes holding enemy players off of the casters. This works very well, I tried an ironbreaker over the weekend and a buddy was playing a runepriest and we were doing an RvR scenerio. He would heal and I would dps (yes, even the tanks can do good dps) until some of the opposing players would notice what was happening. When I saw he was being attacked by melee I would go over and start wedging myself in, he would back off and I would just start strafing side to side blocking the enemy from being able to get by and get to him.. some of the most fun I've had in a pvp situation in a long time.

The bad:

The ui still needs some work to get the responsiveness that needs to be there. There seems to be some strange lag at times and some abilities show as being in a cooldown, even tho they aren't.

Erratic behavior of mobs sometimes. This is really important to get fixed for the pet classes, since their pets behave the same way. They said they had this fixed once, but some patch they applied before the preview weekend re-broke it.

As far as how the game looks graphicly, there are a few screenshots around showing it with everything enabled, but none of the bells and whistles or full settings are going to be in until it is officially launched, so I wouldn't rag on how it looks just yet.

Is it gonna kill WoW? No. Only blizzard can (and will) kill WoW by making terrible choices on what to focus on and not giving a damn about what it's player base thinks. Will WAR be successful? I think so, it's focus is pvp instead of pve and I think that's going to attract enough people to be considered a success.
    Last edited by x[malikai]; 08-27-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: big fat fingers

Images
    the guys in our wow guild are rolling destruction, and everyoen got in a bit of playing time, i like the game. its something slightly diff than wow, i really like the combat system in the game. its more biased towards pvp.
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

Images

^ only way to really play warhammer

will be rolling dark elven sorceress

You play this, you are off the CAL team.

Quote Originally Posted by x[rawr] View Post
    You play this, you are off the CAL team.

I doubt it, you need the numbers; I always turn up, unlike some other people I know...

Most likely going to be playing on Order. The End

Images
    Well, if anyone rolls destruction and wants a crew to roll with me and tony will prolly have a large group of really cool people playing. Just let us know so we can get everyone on the same server and rock out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[osiris] View Post
    Well, if anyone rolls destruction and wants a crew to roll with me and tony will prolly have a large group of really cool people playing. Just let us know so we can get everyone on the same server and rock out.
    word.

Images
    WotLK; that is all im waiting for... anyone wanna join me on Feathermoon? :D

18. Quote Originally Posted by x[osiris] View Post
    Destruction looks to outnumber order in the beginning. If the preview weekend was any indication I'll be playing order.. mmm, extremely short (less than 1 min every time I went) scenerio queues, and not likely to see a "place in queue" msg pop up when trying to log in.

Plus, as much as I tend to favor the dark side of things. I'm just naturally pulled towards the underdog's side. Just about every poll I've seen shows around a 2:1 ratio in favor of destruction. As much as I don't want a repeat of early tichondrious days, I also don't want to add to the problem. I kinda see things being the opposite of wow, maybe all the kiddies are tired of playing the pretty side so they'll do destruction here (not talking about you guys, but you know what I mean) and the more "mature" ppl will be order. Could be wrong but that's kinda what I see happening.

Images
    well i checked out order, and sword masters and warr priests RAPE.

20. my main will likely be a warrior priest, it's still up in the air between that and ironbreaker

Thread Information