Thread: Warhammer Server List

Images

Warhammer Server List

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/wa...cle.war?id=252

I say we go Open RvR because that flag for PvP crap is retarded. Anyways, my 2 cents...

Let's get a server chosen for Order and for Destruction in advance and posted on x[clan]. I get into the game with my preorder on Tuesday 16th September, 2008.

___

North American Server List

Red Eye Mountain = Core

Skull Throne = Core

Badlands = Core

Sylvania = Core

Volkmar = Core

Hochland = Open RvR

Wolfenburg = Open RvR

Dark Crag = Open RvR

Phoenix Throne = Roleplay

Chaos Wastes = RP/Open RvR

Monolith = Core

Saphery = Core

Thorgrim = Core

Heldenhammer = Core

Sea of Claws = Core

Wasteland = Core

Sea of Malice = Core

Drakwald = Core

Ironfist = Core

Drifting Castle = Core

Praag = Open RvR

Wurtbad = Open RvR

Stoutheart = Open RvR

Artois = Open RvR

Southlands = Open RvR

Bugman = Open RvR

Skavenblight = Roleplay

Avelorn = Roleplay

Tower of Doom = RP/Open RvR

Vaul's Anvil = RP/Open RvR

"Life is like a MMO. Before life, God gives you 100 character points to place as you choose. This is why I spill on myself every time I eat." -J!GGY

Images
    I vote Stoutheart as Order.
    Computer Specs:
    Intel Core i7 930 2.8 GHz @ 4.0GHz
    1. BCLK @ 200
    2. 1.33V
    3. Thermalright Rev C. - idle @ 35c, burn-in @ 72c

ASUS P6T V2 Deluxe
    Corsair DDR3 PC1600 2GB x 3
    eVGA GeForce GTX 465 Core 352 x2 SLI
    2x OCZ 60GB SSD @ RAID 0 (Stripe)
    Silverstone TJ10

Quote Originally Posted by x[cazter] View Post
    I vote Stoutheart as Order.

I Concur

Images
    in open rvr i dont wanna be a chicken when i have to go through and help people that are in the lower tiers, if i level too fast. but ill go with majority, alot of people are debating which to go on, i think we might not get everyone to play together. most of the people in my wow guidl want open rvr, i mean we all rolled on pvp on wow, so i dont get why you would bother with core. but since the chicken mechanics, once you get to a higher tier, you cannot go back to help anyone, or play with them until you're flagged for rvr, which you get turned into a chicken.

but then again leveling isn't all slow, and its pretty easy, only thing that would bother me are the faggots that run around ganking all the time. but when you're in group i can see it being alot of fun.
    Last edited by x[rsx]; 09-12-2008 at 07:42 PM.
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

A couple things...

At the higher levels, the entire zone is pretty much RvR. The only thing open RvR will be good for is gank groups griefing people, especially at the lower level zones. You really want that?

Secondly, on the open beta, order greatly outnumbers destruction, at least according to the server list. Are you sure that destruction is going to be the zerg?

IMO, open RVR is the only way to go. And cloud, do you have a source to share? if so this would be great news as i think most of us here want to roll destruction, but are rolling order due to the noob/zerg factor.

7. I think open RvR is just frustration waiting to happen. This game has so much RvR built into it that I think the open ruleset is a waste of time. It takes all the things I like about the RvR system and throws it out the window. There is no bolster buff in the open ruleset, meaning that you really can't join scenerios and be effective until you are at the "break" for your tier, and that limits you to leveling through pve only which can get old kinda quickly..especially when someone 10+ lvls higher than you can just camp your quest mobs/area and keep you from completeing it.

The beta testers that I've read comments from say that the RvR lakes in each zone grow larger as you continue through, and that the tier 4 zones are around 80% RvR lake and 20% safe zone. It seems to me that the open RvR ruleset is for griefers, and after tichondrious I have no interest in repeating 1.5 hours of griefing just to try to get to what I want to do, like trying to just zone into MC in the early days. I can see people camping the early stage public quests and wipeing entire groups over and over..just not interested in that.

Also, every zone has some hidden lairs in them that contain end-game special mobs that give special rewards. Even the tier 1 zones. Now, if you have to be lvl 40 and with a group to be able to take these things down, how are you gonna do that under the open RvR ruleset when you get chickened as soon as you land in the zone?

The core ruleset is the way to go imo, and it's what I'll be playing. I like that any pvp that happens is at least gonna be a fight, and not just getting 1 shot over and over by someone that I have 0 chance of beating. The game was designed under the core ruleset, and it was designed for RvR. I see no point in open RvR.
    Last edited by x[malikai]; 09-13-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: rememberd about lairs

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[rsx] View Post
    in open rvr i dont wanna be a chicken when i have to go through and help people that are in the lower tiers
    The lower tiers are put together well enough that if anyone NEEDS help with a quest and can't find an open group to do it, they shouldn't be playing an MMO. It's seriously easy to do quests, and if it's a tough one there's always an open group in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by x[cloud] View Post
    Secondly, on the open beta, order greatly outnumbers destruction, at least according to the server list. Are you sure that destruction is going to be the zerg?
    Since when? Back when they had the pop counts when you logged in, It was usually Order:700 Destruction :1300. Unless everyone's decided after months of playing that Destruction isn't pretty enough anymore, I doubt Order will be the heavier populated side.

Quote Originally Posted by x[malikai] View Post
    I think open RvR is just frustration waiting to happen. This game has so much RvR built into it that I think the open ruleset is a waste of time. It takes all the things I like about the RvR system and throws it out the window. There is no bolster buff in the open ruleset, meaning that you really can't join scenerios and be effective until you are at the "break" for your tier, and that limits you to leveling through pve only which can get old kinda quickly..especially when someone 10+ lvls higher than you can just camp your quest mobs/area and keep you from completeing it.
    As far as I've seen in my time in closed beta, Scenario RvR EXP has taken a dive. It used to be the way I leveled, but now the time:exp ratio isn't that great. It's way easier to level doing PQs mixed with some RvR to keep my RR near my level. Once you get to lvl 8+, then dig into the RvR stuff for the exp and RR gear.

The beta testers that I've read comments from say that the RvR lakes in each zone grow larger as you continue through, and that the tier 4 zones are around 80% RvR lake and 20% safe zone..... I can see people camping the early stage public quests and wipeing entire groups over and over..just not interested in that.
    The RvR zones Do grow larger, and there are more quests in the RvR zones, but when you're in a 50/50 zone and the RvR quests(also good exp) are all "kill this many players" or "take this control point" or "go to this control point and pick this item up", there's going to be grief anyway. The RvR zones and quests are ALL RvR. You can't expect to go on a Core server and not get griefed in the RvR areas. Also even with all areas being open for RvR there are usually enough guards/NPCs around to prevent opposition PQ camping.

Also, every zone has some hidden lairs in them that contain end-game special mobs that give special rewards. Even the tier 1 zones. Now, if you have to be lvl 40 and with a group to be able to take these things down, how are you gonna do that under the open RvR ruleset when you get chickened as soon as you land in the zone?
    I never experienced these in Closed, Open, or Elder beta. You sure you weren't misinformed? The only 'lairs' I've seen in lower tier areas all level appropriate.

The core ruleset is the way to go imo, and it's what I'll be playing. I like that any pvp that happens is at least gonna be a fight, and not just getting 1 shot over and over by someone that I have 0 chance of beating. The game was designed under the core ruleset, and it was designed for RvR. I see no point in open RvR.

You haven't played any of the RvR have you? Lol. Fighting casters you'll usually get 2-3 shot. You also don't res at your corpse like in WoW so you can't get camped. People aren't patient enough to camp anyone either because there's always somewhere else to go and some other objective to take that will have people to fight.

This game is heavy on the PvP but thus far none of it HASNT been enjoyable to me. I spent most of my time in scenarios or in RvR zones. The only annoying thing was when each faction would have 30+ people facing each other, but only 4-5 people at a time trying to fight. The rest was casters sitting in the back casting, no one healing, and the occasional brave melee that would run in and get destroyed. If people actually work as a guild and fight as a team instead of running in 1 at a time, the pvp is amazing to take part in.

Castle sieges for one, are fucking amazing. 20 Order defending a front gate against 50+ Destruction and managing to hold them off the gate(with hot oil, ballistas, etc) for nearly 2 hours before they broke the gate down and charged the keep.

Anyway, I'm done. My vote is with Caz.
    Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds - Robert J. Oppenheimer

9. Quote Originally Posted by Comply View Post
    I never experienced these in Closed, Open, or Elder beta. You sure you weren't misinformed? The only 'lairs' I've seen in lower tier areas all level appropriate.
    No, I'm not entirely sure I'm not misinformed. I was basing this off a post I read on tentonhammer's war forums after the 1st preview weekend, when someone had said they stumbled into a lair in Nordland that have r40 mobs in it. Maybe it was pure BS, I'd try to dig up the post but their search function never brings up what I'm looking for and the thread is likely on page 1,000,000 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Comply
    You haven't played any of the RvR have you? Lol. Fighting casters you'll usually get 2-3 shot. You also don't res at your corpse like in WoW so you can't get camped. People aren't patient enough to camp anyone either because there's always somewhere else to go and some other objective to take that will have people to fight.

This game is heavy on the PvP but thus far none of it HASNT been enjoyable to me. I spent most of my time in scenarios or in RvR zones. The only annoying thing was when each faction would have 30+ people facing each other, but only 4-5 people at a time trying to fight. The rest was casters sitting in the back casting, no one healing, and the occasional brave melee that would run in and get destroyed. If people actually work as a guild and fight as a team instead of running in 1 at a time, the pvp is amazing to take part in.
    I'll take getting 2-3 shot by 5% (generalization) of the overall population over being 1 shot by the majority of it. You make some valid points, but I still see the open ruleset as a griefer's haven. On the other hand, I'm glad they're put in, so that like-minded people can go to them and have a good time. People may not corspe camp in the same way they do in WoW, that's a given with the way the game is structured, but I can see 1-2 tier 3 db's coming and sitting on some of the more popular lower tier 2 public quests. Getting killed doing quests in an RvR lake by someone out ranking you by 2-3 is one thing, getting killed by a couple ppl 10-15 ranks above you anywhere at any time is another. No, I don't have the experience with the game that you do, and only have past experiences of griefing in other games to pull from, but what that has taught me is to never underestimate how far people will go to be a douchebag to other players when they know they will suffer 0 consequenses from doing so.

I may be completely wrong, but I thik the open RvR servers will have less focus on the actual objectives. I see the core servers has having many more battles over the objectives, since if you want to pvp you pretty much have to go there, instead of being able to wander around aimlessly in chapter 4 looking for people to screw with. I see your points, and understand what you're saying, but I'm not convinced that open RvR will be anything less than a grief-fest, or offer any more than the core servers will.

I'm in 100% agreement with malikai here. 95% of the game is going to be RvR, I don't see why we need to deal with gank groups in the other 5%. Yes, there will be gank groups in the RvR areas, but at least you can choose to stay in there or not, and you can organize a group to go in together.

Also, every new game in low levels is dominated by casters. Let the melee gear up and have organized PvP groups with healers and they'll be on top as usual.

Maybe it was just at the point I was looking over the server list, but I saw most realms with destruction as low and order as med/high. Maybe it was just a one time thing and it's usually the opposite.

Images
    I kind of feel like a carebear, but honestly, the WoW Hillsbrad bullshit kind of turned me off open gangfests... especially since I don't have unlimited time to play and am not 13yo little punk, so I am not doing the ganking 95% of the time.

I am willing to give up the 5% of lowbie ganking I actually did, not to have to deal with getting ganked all the other time...
    Good lord are there no good games to play?

Images
    you know we're going through the same thing on our guild forums. its a good debate so far. and to be honest, i really dont give a shit. like i said, i will go with the majority. i just want to play with x'ers.
    Last edited by x[rsx]; 09-13-2008 at 05:03 PM.
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

Images
    I just logged in and made my character and all but one server(RP) is Order Medium and Destruction either Full or High.

Actually some are full on both sides but the order queues are a lot smaller.

I'm on Dark Crag.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[rsx] View Post
    you know we're going through the same thing on our guild forums. its a good debate so far. and to be honest, i really dont give a shit. like i said, i will go with the majority. i just want to play with x'ers.
    Merging the two will be difficult.

But Cloud, being a former SB player you sound very carebear-ish.

There is zero fun in leveling, for me at least, unless I am also working to avoid being ganked. Granted War is a bit different with scenarios and what-not but I still may feel like questing here and there.

Also, I yield to Comply. He's been playing consistently since early beta and while we all have MMO experience he has the most War experience.
    Computer Specs:
    Intel Core i7 930 2.8 GHz @ 4.0GHz
    1. BCLK @ 200
    2. 1.33V
    3. Thermalright Rev C. - idle @ 35c, burn-in @ 72c

ASUS P6T V2 Deluxe
    Corsair DDR3 PC1600 2GB x 3
    eVGA GeForce GTX 465 Core 352 x2 SLI
    2x OCZ 60GB SSD @ RAID 0 (Stripe)
    Silverstone TJ10

Images
    And as far as the low lvl ganking goes, people are too busy leveling and taking Keeps and doing scenarios and PQs to be worried about running half way across the world to kill some low lvl people. If anything it will be like what happens in Xroads or the alliance equivalent. 1-2 guys just bored killing a few people for 20 minutes. It's really not as bad as y'all seem to think it is.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Comply View Post
    And as far as the low lvl ganking goes, people are too busy leveling and taking Keeps and doing scenarios and PQs to be worried about running half way across the world to kill some low lvl people. If anything it will be like what happens in Xroads or the alliance equivalent. 1-2 guys just bored killing a few people for 20 minutes. It's really not as bad as y'all seem to think it is.
    It's the taking keeps and scenerios that I'm most concerned about tho, since it's a big part of the game.
    Once everyone is r40 it will most likely be better, but until then and getting to 40 it seems like it really limits your options.

For those that haven't seen the actual changes:
    Open RvR Rules:

- Players are always RvR flagged from the moment they log in
    - Chapter 1 hubs and capital cities are safe
    - There is no bolster buff in RvR lakes
    - Players will be chickened when entering an area that is two tiers below their level (ex. A Tier 3 player entering a Tier 1 area.)
    Link

If I'm reading that right tier 3 can come to tier 2 and q for scenerios, and take the keeps themselves. While this does give you more options of things to do once you are 40, if you can't keep up with the pack I see the game turning very unpleasent.

TLDR:I'll roll wherever we end up going, maybe it won't be as bad as it seems, but I really don't see myself being able to keep up since I don't have as much time to play as I used to. If it gets too frustrating can always roll on a core later since the core ruleset is designed to keep things more even, so other than economic benefits there's really no penalty for starting late.

Images
    Game starts for me in a couple hours (4 am Tuesday morning, if your on the West Coast PST)

Did we decide? Tony, what server is your guild playing on, and are they going Order or Destruction?

My only big concern at the moment is the server population. I don't want to be on a High/Med. I would rather be on a High/High because Open RvR is going to suck for the lower population.

As far as open PvP there have been some great points made, and I also believe that the game will have plenty of RvR areas, so to that I don't care if we go open or restricted.

To all the haters! I loved open PvP in Hillsbrad.
    "Life is like a MMO. Before life, God gives you 100 character points to place as you choose. This is why I spill on myself every time I eat." -J!GGY

18. Quote Originally Posted by x[jiggy] View Post
    Game starts for me in a couple hours (4 am Tuesday morning, if your on the West Coast PST)

Did we decide? Tony, what server is your guild playing on, and are they going Order or Destruction?

My only big concern at the moment is the server population. I don't want to be on a High/Med. I would rather be on a High/High because Open RvR is going to suck for the lower population.

As far as open PvP there have been some great points made, and I also believe that the game will have plenty of RvR areas, so to that I don't care if we go open or restricted.

To all the haters! I loved open PvP in Hillsbrad.
    I loved open pvp in hillsbrad too, but even the core servers have it already. Core servers are not like the wow pve server, they are still focused on RvR combat. Something to also consider about joining an open RvR server tho is that all the people in CE head start already have 2 full days on you.

Images
    a few of the guys got the CE, and they rolled destro on Azazel. as of right now i think they are waiting for everyone to get the game and decide, but most likely its going to be there. so far, no problems with the q's and rvr zones.

damn fucking destruction, i hate all those damn classes

Thread Information