Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Turn

DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[method] View Post
    He was pretty bad. Nixon allowed government employees to unionize.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

-- Sledge Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by x[codered] View Post
    I want to know wtf this is about..

Now don't jump on me, cause I don't know to believe it or not. not taking sides on this one.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish...t_obama?wpid=0

If this is true... then shame on him.
    Good to see you're finally starting to focus on what really matters code

Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    He was pretty bad. Nixon allowed government employees to unionize.
    I'm sure that's the example you would have used if he was a democrat

Images
    Good to see you're finally starting to focus on what really matters code
    It does really matter bro. Let's change the rules for him? c'mon bro. More to it than rules. fuck, let's bring Russians over and have them rule us.
    Signature

Images
    I'm sure that's the example you would have used if he was a democrat
    Of course. Democrats are usually more pro union. I have no idea what possessed Nixon to do what he did, but we're paying the price right now here in California.

-- Sledge Hammer

Images
    Something I've been wondering for a while now, I keep hearing how Bush is responsible for our economy problem right now.

Why? how?

I really don't know. But I know you guys do.
    Signature

Something I've been wondering for a while now, I keep hearing how Bush is responsible for our economy problem right now.

Why? how?

I really don't know. But I know you guys do.
    2 reasons:

1 - republicans are supposed to be fiscally conservative - he's spent more than any other president

2 - the war. http://www.nationalpriorities.org/costofwar_home

Images
    2 reasons:

1 - republicans are supposed to be fiscally conservative - he's spent more than any other president
    That is the main issue conservatives have with Bush. He spends money like a democrat. No Child Left Behind? Medicare drug plan? Department of Homeland Security? Bureaucrats, bureaucrats and more bureaucrats. The federal government has expanded faster under him than any time in the previous 30 years.

-- Sledge Hammer

Also,

Trickle-down economics = fail
    Deregulation in a non-free-market economy = fail

Images

Images
    so it has nothing to do with stupid people with poor credit running around buying shit they can't afford and the stupid ass companies who give these people the loans?
    Signature

so it has nothing to do with stupid people with poor credit running around buying shit they can't afford and the stupid ass companies who give these people the loans?
    Yes, that has something to do with it, but that's a symptom of a larger problem.

Images
    I guess that's where I disagree with most democrats. I believe people should get out and work for their money. It's not fair that someone who is way more successful should have to give people money.

I'm not sure how many of you have any type of decent jobs, but I can tell you right now it's not going to be a happy thing when you find out your paying medical for some drop out, or some piece of shit sitting at home watching opera.

I get furious as it is when I see illegal immigrants rolling in and getting free medical that WE have to pay for. It's sad. So I go to work to make a living to put food on the table for my wife and my pets, so some alien can come and live a good life in our country? Or pay for peoples welfare ect. Straight up stealing period.
    Signature

Ok, so vote Republican. Instead of paying for "pieces of shit sitting at home," you'll be paying for unnecessary wars, unwise tax cuts, your own (likely inferior) health care -- all while seeing the defecit and national debt continue to increase at an alarming rate (p.s. entitlement programs will still exist for a long long time regardless).

Or, take a look at a third party. The libertarian party seems to be selling what you're looking to buy. Individualistic, nationalistic, isolationistic. Radically smaller government, more states' rights.

EDIT:

Note that I'm not aggreeing with your attitudes about society or your assertions about the Democratic party. You seem to want to assume that everybody receiving government assistance is a lazy freeloader or an illegal. Do those people exist, and are there people that take advantage of the system? Yes. But there are also plenty of honest, decent, hard-working people who really do fall on hard times and could use a helping hand. For some of us, the "I got mine", "every man for himself" attitude just doesn't seem like the way to go in our society.
    Last edited by cosyg; 10-16-2008 at 07:56 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cosyg View Post
    Ok, so vote Republican. Instead of paying for "pieces of shit sitting at home," you'll be paying for unnecessary wars, unwise tax cuts, your own (likely inferior) health care -- all while seeing the defecit and national debt continue to increase at an alarming rate (p.s. entitlement programs will still exist for a long long time regardless).

Or, take a look at a third party. The libertarian party seems to be selling what you're looking to buy. Individualistic, nationalistic, isolationistic. Radically smaller government, more states' rights.

EDIT:

Note that I'm not aggreeing with your attitudes about society or your assertions about the Democratic party. You seem to want to assume that everybody receiving government assistance is a lazy freeloader or an illegal. Do those people exist, and are there people that take advantage of the system? Yes. But there are also plenty of honest, decent, hard-working people who really do fall on hard times and could use a helping hand. For some of us, the "I got mine", "every man for himself" attitude just doesn't seem like the way to go in our society.

I'll agree I am more libertarian that's true. Not asking you to agree, it's very apparent you don't from the get go. Ron Paul was my man from the beginning. One day people will accept a different party rather than Repub/demo. They get bigger every 4 years.

I do understand there are people who do need help ect. If Obama takes us to war to Afghanistan what will you be saying about it then? Cause he sure as shit will raise taxes.

There are far more people take advantage of these programs than actually need them, it's not fair to the people who need them I get that. Does that mean this is the only way to help people? Sounds like the easy way out to me.
    Last edited by x[codered]; 10-16-2008 at 08:16 AM.
    Signature

I'll agree I am more libertarian that's true. Not asking you to agree, it's very apparent you don't from the get go. Ron Paul was my man from the beginning. One day people will accept a different party rather than Repub/demo. They get bigger every 4 years.

I do understand there are people who do need help ect. If Obama takes us to war to Afghanistan what will you be saying about it then? Cause he sure as shit will raise taxes.

There are far more people take advantage of these programs than actually need them, it's not fair to the people who need them I get that. Does that mean this is the only way to help people? Sounds like the easy way out to me.
    My first pick was Ron Paul too.

Libertarian =/= Republican

I'm all for getting away from the 2 party system, and you're right, we're very slowly inching toward a point where third party candidates will be viable.

I do understand there are people who do need help ect. If Obama takes us to war to Afghanistan what will you be saying about it then?
    We're already at war in Afghanistan...?

Cause he sure as shit will raise taxes.
    Do you make $600,000+?

Those of us of a progressive/liberal persuasion would say that helping out the downtrodden will ultimately help society as a whole -- financially and morally. We believe that if society as a whole prospers, you will have a more positive influence on the "freeloader" types you so loathe, and eventually their numbers will decline. Ignoring people and letting them wallow in poverty is, to me, the easy way out.

Images
    Honestly in this skewed world, I don't buy that graph. I think it will be close, but I also believe Obama is going to raise our taxes. McCain was saying that Obama will raise taxes for people who make 42k a year.

Obama is clearly going to win, so we will see in the long run.

Let's face it Osama isn't going to pop out of his hole and say kill me spare the rest, they want to die so they can fuck their 2 billion virgins. lol

My bad, my facts were bogus, pakistan is where he wants to hit.
    Last edited by x[codered]; 10-16-2008 at 09:45 AM.
    Signature

Images
    "I do understand there are people who do need help ect. If Obama takes us to war to Afghanistan what will you be saying about it then?"

LOL ...Makes me laugh.
    Not only are we at war with Afghanistan, there is actual reason to be in Afghanistan. There is no valid reason to be in Iraq--yet we spend an infinite amount more money in Iraq than Afghan because Bush is a fool.

Images
    You apparently did not read what I wrote last I mixed it up with Pakistan.
    Last edited by x[codered]; 10-16-2008 at 04:17 PM.
    Signature

Thread Information