Quote Originally Posted by x[codered] View Post
    I mistaken it
    Mccain 08!

Images
    Oh shit internet police.
    Signature

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    Just a word of caution for all you Obama fans. Be careful of what you wish for. It just might come true.

Republicans said "anyone but Hillary." They got Obama.

People complained about high oil prices. Oil price is down now.

people complained about high housing prices. It's down. Way down.

All you people who are desperate to replace Bush with Obama just might be surprised at yourself some day when you wish for the return of Bush.
    Are you fucking KIDDING ME?!!!

Bush is THE WORST administration ever, EVER, E V E R!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any scope on how FUCKED America is at the moment?

Wow, Just Wow.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by x[mr.bitch] View Post

Wow, Just Wow.

Wow.
    We're fucked up because of the bad loans! And that started in the Clinton years. Besides, it's also world wide. So quit blaming Bush. Both partys had their paws in it!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Images
    For one thing, I'm sorry--you can't simply blame the loans. Lenders are hardly at fault. Sigh. At some point you have to simply blame the individuals who received the loans. Individuals that had no business owning these homes--ones that cannot make payments on homes, etc. Lenders take chances every single time a loan goes through underwriting. The individual needs to be able to understand what he/she can afford--and not double/triple that amount.

Edit/added:
    I was short on time before, however, additionally...

Individuals purchasing these homes should have known they were taking gambles as well (understanding that borrowing hundreds of thousands of dollars while not having a large income is a risk), and when the housing market dropped in value (following a very large increase), they would have partial ownership in a product that no longer would be holding the same value, unfortunately.
    Last edited by x[raider134]; 10-18-2008 at 07:43 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[raider134] View Post
    For one thing, I'm sorry--you can't simply blame the loans. Lenders are hardly at fault. Sigh. At some point you have to simply blame the individuals who received the loans. Individuals that had no business owning these homes--ones that cannot make payments on homes, etc. Lenders take chances every single time a loan goes through underwriting. The individual needs to be able to understand what he/she can afford--and not double/triple that amount.
    Agree 100% brotha.
    Signature

Images
    what actual purpose does the usa have in anyone of the middle east countries? seems to me your focus should turn a little inward.
    specifically why the fuck would you go to pakistan? a commonwealth country? please please please get of the war machine. the world is broke and you guys cant fix it.
    consider this. how much do the chinese, whose gdp is fucking enormous making that country money hand over fist do for the rest of the world? some would argue 'o but they are communists?' bullshit, the chinese just dont spend money on stupid shit.

every single one of those poor, some mentioned not very smart people that lost their homes recently are a metaphor for the great nation that was the usa.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."

Images
    If you are going to argue money--why doesn't the Iraqi government fund our being there--if it is what they want. They have a lot of Iraqi oil money--why are we spending $10 billion/month.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[raider134] View Post
    If you are going to argue money--why doesn't the Iraqi government fund our being there--if it is what they want. They have a lot of Iraqi oil money--why are we spending $10 billion/month.
    why dont you charge them or leave if they wont pay?

Images
    10 billion a month? how can anyone justify that?

how much better off as a nation would you guys be if that money was spent at home?

Images
    Honestly in this skewed world, I don't buy that graph.
    I'm sorry, but you're fucking retarded. Don't ask questions and then disagree with the answers because you don't like them and 'McCain told you what the real answer was.' If there is any conversation that exemplifies the need for affordable access to education, it is this one.

Oh and another thing. *Why do you keep posting worthless clips. Do you really think Obama would have gotten this far if he was not eligible to be president? Really really? You're worse than my cousin who sends me all those useless chain letters--at least those COULD be true (in theory).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[flamer] View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're fucking retarded. Don't ask questions and then disagree with the answers because you don't like them and 'McCain told you what the real answer was.' If there is any conversation that exemplifies the need for affordable access to education, it is this one.

Oh and another thing. *Why do you keep posting worthless clips. Do you really think Obama would have gotten this far if he was not eligible to be president? Really really? You're worse than my cousin who sends me all those useless chain letters--at least those COULD be true (in theory).
    Lol. learn to read kid. I said I didn't believe it. I get a laugh out of most of it. Aren't you in some other country? Good for you. Also, I didn't ask for that graph, that graph was posted cause I said Obama was going to raise taxes. If you believe in every graph you see than you the fucking retard.
    Signature

Lol. learn to read kid. I said I didn't believe it. I get a laugh out of most of it. Aren't you in some other country? Good for you. Also, I didn't ask for that graph, that graph was posted cause I said Obama was going to raise taxes. If you believe in every graph you see than you the fucking retard.
    What did graphs ever do to you? Are you talking about the source they originate from - or you just literally just don't like numbers in graphic form?

Images
    This is what your wrote: ow don't jump on me, cause I don't know to believe it or not. not taking sides on this one.

The bold part is why you are retarded.

Oh and yes, I'm in Chile right now.

Images
    http://www.gunbanobama.com/ - For Con

Everyone I have worked for in the upper class $2mil + a year is freaked out about Obama. They keep telling me to check on business taxes and get off the personal taxes. To us sub $200K/year citizens the tax cuts sound good. From what I have been told (I still have to look in to this and some of you might know already) the business taxes will go up to counter the personal tax cuts. For those of us that own our own business' that is not good.

Now I am no McCain lover. Infact I wish we could wipe the whole nominee pool and start over.

Obama = USA Fucked
    McCain = USA Fucked
    Osama = teh win

Where is meat?
    x[chongo] "I love the hairy pits."

Images
    llol, I'll admit my grammar has been horrible on here.
    Last edited by x[codered]; 10-23-2008 at 06:50 AM.
    Signature

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[misuse] View Post
    http://www.gunbanobama.com/ - For Con

Everyone I have worked for in the upper class $2mil + a year is freaked out about Obama. They keep telling me to check on business taxes and get off the personal taxes. To us sub $200K/year citizens the tax cuts sound good. From what I have been told (I still have to look in to this and some of you might know already) the business taxes will go up to counter the personal tax cuts. For those of us that own our own business' that is not good.

Now I am no McCain lover. Infact I wish we could wipe the whole nominee pool and start over.

Obama = USA Fucked
    McCain = USA Fucked
    Osama = teh win

Where is meat?
    Misuse, it is less that business taxes will go up and more that mccain wants to cut them while obama wants to leave them where they are, although the effect is the same.

DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[mr.bitch] View Post

Wow, Just Wow.

Wow.
    I don't know. How fucked are we? You're still here. You still have a computer. You still have power to run it. You still have internet connection.

I still have a job. I still have a condo. Gasoline is coming down in price.

Yeah the stock market is down. But look, if you plot the Dow numbers over its entire history, or just over the last 30 years, you will see that it rose on a very steady curve, jumped starting 1995, and started to choke in 2007.

Let's examine what happened in 1995 and what happened in 2007. Ah yes, the republicans took over congress in 1995 and the democrats took it back in 2007.

I have lots of correlations.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

-- Sledge Hammer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[jenny] View Post
    what actual purpose does the usa have in anyone of the middle east countries? seems to me your focus should turn a little inward.
    specifically why the fuck would you go to pakistan? a commonwealth country? please please please get of the war machine. the world is broke and you guys cant fix it.
    consider this. how much do the chinese, whose gdp is fucking enormous making that country money hand over fist do for the rest of the world? some would argue 'o but they are communists?' bullshit, the chinese just dont spend money on stupid shit.

every single one of those poor, some mentioned not very smart people that lost their homes recently are a metaphor for the great nation that was the usa.
    China spent $40 billion on hosting the Olympics for 2 weeks.

China is experiencing a huge inflationary pressure. They are in deep trouble because their export based economy can't sustain a 10% growth rate for much longer. And the wealth you see? All along the coast. Go a few miles inland and you will see the poverty that's beyond your wildest imagionations.

-- Sledge Hammer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[flamer] View Post
    Misuse, it is less that business taxes will go up and more that mccain wants to cut them while obama wants to leave them where they are, although the effect is the same.
    Obama wants to tax self employed people and small business owners making $250k+. He also wants to increase the cap on payroll tax.

Imagine you are self employed. You get to pay your own payroll tax of 15% (7.5% for the employee + 7.5% for the employer...you are both). If this cap is raised from $102k to whatever Obama wants, that's a huge increase on top of the income tax that he wants to increase.

If I own a small business with a handful of employees, I might just call it quits because it's not worth my time. Well, there go 3 or 4 jobs along with ALL the payroll tax and income tax.

Even if I manage to stay in business, I might not hire additional employees or even lay off some. The government ain't gonna get those taxes either.

But hey, we might get universal health care and "refundable tax credit" by the government. Let the rich bastards pay for these because they are evil.

-- Sledge Hammer

Thread Information