Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 141 to 151 of 151

Thread: Obama's Turn

  1. #141
    Photobucket

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,161
    Images
    1261

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Arcadia, CA
    Posts
    2,300
    Images
    5
    Lol

  4. #144
    rofl chongo.


    I just punched a hurricane! WOOOOO!!!!

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Santa Ana
    Posts
    4,205
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

  6. #146
    You guys need to start a tv show...

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,297
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by x[raider134] View Post
    Con's hypotheticals have become completely ridiculous. He is so far beyond either Meatman or Gunsafety. He is the Redscare of politics. : / How did this happen?
    Then refute them instead of calling me names.

    Do I call you names when I disagree with you?
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

    -- Sledge Hammer

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,297
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by x[method] View Post
    Nearly every single one of my friends got through college on financial aid. Without this "pork" they'd probably be flipping burgers. If thats not effective, I dont know what is.
    What kind of financial aid? Private/corporate scholarships? Student loans? GI Bill?

    I'm not against private/corporate scholarships. That's charity. I fully support charity work. There are many scholarships set up by private foundations targetting students who meet specific criteria. All they have to do is some leg work and write an essay to apply.

    Student loans are fine. It's a low rate loan by the government that they have to pay back.

    GI bill is great. There should be some perks for those who choose to serve.

    What I don't like is straight grants to students simply because they are black or they are hispanic or they come from a bad neighborhood. They haven't earned anything other than existing.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

    -- Sledge Hammer

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    What I don't like is straight grants to students simply because they are black or they are hispanic or they come from a bad neighborhood. They haven't earned anything other than existing.
    then you've obviously never been from a bad neighborhood with extremely broke ass parents. if you haven't then you will never understand the difficulties you face. i'm not a fan about rewarding the unsuccessful and taxing the wealthy, but it gets to a point where the wealthy have such a great advantage that the poor have no chance to catch up, the point of things like that are to help close that gap.

    i personally dint take advantage of any government grants/scholarships... i paid for most of this shit myself...i say most because I've yet to complete school, i did 2 years of community college and 1 of university with no aide. at this rate i'll graduate by the time I'm 30.. but 100% on my own dime.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    4,297
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
    then you've obviously never been from a bad neighborhood with extremely broke ass parents. if you haven't then you will never understand the difficulties you face. i'm not a fan about rewarding the unsuccessful and taxing the wealthy, but it gets to a point where the wealthy have such a great advantage that the poor have no chance to catch up, the point of things like that are to help close that gap.
    You're right. I haven't. My parents escaped commies in China to arrive in Taiwan with NOTHING. They worked hard to provide me with stuff so I don't have to go through that.

    All we hope to do is to provide our kids with more than what we have, to make it easier for them to move up. And they, their children.

    This country guarantees social mobility. It does not guarantee instant success or even success at all. The opportunity is out there. If you can't do it in your lifetime, then make sure your kids can build on your work.

    Quote Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
    i personally dint take advantage of any government grants/scholarships... i paid for most of this shit myself...i say most because I've yet to complete school, i did 2 years of community college and 1 of university with no aide. at this rate i'll graduate by the time I'm 30.. but 100% on my own dime.
    Good for you. I am proud to say I exhausted my savings first before I took unemployment checks. And even then only 2 weeks worth since I found a job after that. Now I have to build up my savings again. It might take a year or two, but I can say I practiced what I preach.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

    -- Sledge Hammer

  11. #151
    Twitch123 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    You're right. I haven't. My parents escaped commies in China to arrive in Taiwan with NOTHING. They worked hard to provide me with stuff so I don't have to go through that.
    AH!!! The truth finally comes out Con got screwed by communists/socialists and he hates them for it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Turn around!
    By x[aries] in forum Media Mayhem
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 09:51 PM
  2. How To Turn Off Your Woman...
    By MeatMan in forum Media Mayhem
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 04:55 PM
  3. AC?? Warning! Might turn you on!
    By [HungHing]SanGai in forum Media Mayhem
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 07:54 PM
  4. as the aliases turn...
    By in forum Random Thoughts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2001, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •