Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns, shooting, and reloading?

Images
    I'm old with a kid so I don't really party for my bday any more. Instead buddies and I went to an indoor range and had a blast shooting up some targets. All pistols, 45 and 40 caliber. I personally like glocks. I forget what the other makes were.
    i7 2600K + ATI 6990

Images
    For sure when Obama comes in to office next year all semi automatic weapons will be banned. :(
    x[chongo] "I love the hairy pits."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[misuse] View Post
    For sure when Obama comes in to office next year all semi automatic weapons will be banned. :(
    vive le reveloution!

Quote Originally Posted by x[misuse] View Post
    You guys will have to find another way to prove your manhood. Sowwy.

DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cosyg View Post
    You guys will have to find another way to prove your manhood. Sowwy.
    We'll just add large exhaust pipes and wings to our cars.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

-- Sledge Hammer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj View Post
    You guys should post some pics. I've fired a lot weapons but still not as knowledgeable as some here.
    Here's my Winchester 1894, a replica of Winchester 1887 coach gun, and Colt Single Action Army replica.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC190025a.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	557.9 KB 
ID:	4499  

-- Sledge Hammer

I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    Here's my Winchester 1894, a replica of Winchester 1887 coach gun, and Colt Single Action Army replica.
    SWEET!! I love the vintage guns.

Nice collection.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Images
    Here's an 1851 Navy cap and ball revolver.

Name:	DSCN2875.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	4500  

-- Sledge Hammer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by [iMF]Stalker View Post
    Nice. What brand is it?

-- Sledge Hammer

Here's an 1851 Navy cap and ball revolver.

OMG! Beautiful!

One of these days when I get my finances together, I will start a collection. Nothing too fancy because I would like to fire them and feel the different eras of technology. Lets say I purchased a replica of the WWII Garand. How close would it be to the feel of the authentic one?
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Images
    OMG! Beautiful!
    I forgot to mention that's also a replica. I can't afford the real thing. It's made by Pietta of Italy, I believe.

One of these days when I get my finances together, I will start a collection. Nothing too fancy because I would like to fire them and feel the different eras of technology. Lets say I purchased a replica of the WWII Garand. How close would it be to the feel of the authentic one?
    Cap and ball revolvers are inexpensive. You can get one for less than $300 at midwayusa. They are fun to shoot. You just need to find a place to shoot them. Most indoor ranges won't take them.

I have a rebuilt Garand. It's just like the real Garand. It has no collector's value but works quite well. I need to find some pictures to post.

-- Sledge Hammer

Nice. What brand is it?
    The lower receiver is a Grizzly.

Images
    I finally went and picked up my new Springfield XD45 service about 2 weeks ago.

Before my dad went in for his operation, we went out shooting. This thing is accurate as all get out! At 20 yards I was getting 3" groups of 10 rounds. Bought 2 extra mags and a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster, which really is nice.

Name:	xd45c-left-full.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	251.9 KB 
ID:	4501  

Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

Quote Originally Posted by x[gunmanelite] View Post
    I finally went and picked up my new Springfield XD45 service about 2 weeks ago.

Before my dad went in for his operation, we went out shooting. This thing is accurate as all get out! At 20 yards I was getting 3" groups of 10 rounds. Bought 2 extra mags and a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster, which really is nice.
    How do you like your XD? I'm thinking of getting a sub-compact in 9mm. I need something for concealed carry so I can defend myself against black people trying to rob me.

Images
    How do you like your XD? I'm thinking of getting a sub-compact in 9mm. I need something for concealed carry so I can defend myself against black people trying to rob me.
    I really like it. I was going to go with the .40 sub-compact, but I handled both and it was just too small for my hands. The extended magazine helped, but it still felt small since I'm used to my big ass .357 S&W revolver. I like the grip better than the Glocks and the Sig I shot. It's very well balanced, especially with a full mag of Federal HydraShok rounds.

The only drawback wasn't a fault of the gun. The local dealer I bought it from ordered wrong. I WANTED the 5" tactical model, but he got the 4" service. I hummed & hawed for a couple days before deciding that an inch shorter may be better in the long run.

Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

Images
    My friend loves his compact 45 model. He even sent it back to Springfield for a trigger job to make it better. He has an HK USP expert, but I think he likes his XD more.

-- Sledge Hammer

Images

Hey Stalk, I thought I saw some pictures of you and your M4 with an optic on it? I'm wondering about throwing one on mine and curious if you took yours off for a reason. I shot mine last week and the iron sights seemed pretty damn accurate...is an optic worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by x[adambomb] View Post
    Hey Stalk, I thought I saw some pictures of you and your M4 with an optic on it? I'm wondering about throwing one on mine and curious if you took yours off for a reason. I shot mine last week and the iron sights seemed pretty damn accurate...is an optic worth it?
    Yes, it does have a red dot sight on it. Here's a picture of how it's currently configured. The front sight was shaved, rear sight/handle removed, flat top installed, folding bi-pod installed, and a nikon red dot sight. I think the red dots are wonderful for what I use the rifle for. It's mostly a plinking rifle, definitely not a varminting rifle.

The Nikon red dot I purchased was about $290. It has four different dot sizes and 10 brightness levels. I love the red dot because it's much easier to co-witness a shot (keep both eyes open while shooting). Follow up shots are much faster and target acquisition/range estimation is much easier with both eyes open. Red dots make pretty much everything faster and easier, aside from the fact that you need to turn them on before you shoot.

Also, any high-quality red dot won't have parallax errors. Meaning wherever the dot is, that's where the shot will end up regardless of head position. Comparing that to a scope, you need to have all the optics lined up or you won't hit shit. This makes follow up shots much quicker since you just let the dot fall back onto the target and you have your next shot. No re-welding your cheek or getting the iron sights back in line. Dot on target = Boom HS!

Photobucket

Images
    Cool, thanks for the info!

Would that be a Nikon Monarch? I found one on eBay currently being bid at ~ $30.
    Last edited by x[adambomb]; 10-29-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Thread Information