Thread: Wii fit!!!!

Images

Wii fit!!!!

so I got myself a Wii fit today. I was pretty stoked to get a call from my step mom while she was shopping at Costco asking if I still wanted it and pay her back at a later date; I immediately said HELL YES!!! Its been sold out for a while now and selling on ebay/craigslist for over $120. Got it for $79.99!

So I jump on the thing and I go through the configuration and it tells me my BMI is 29.94% (which is just a hair from being obese!!), but I know I am not in THE BEST SHAPE nor the WORST SHAPE, but this Wii fit system is pretty accurate because I immediately got my body caliper and measured myself! low and behold, it was accurate to the Wii! I am 5' 11" weight of 216lbs.

So anyways, just wanted to let people know how awesome this piece of machinery is and I think if you own a Wii you NEED TO GET IT!!! USE IT DAILY, not only is is fun but you can keep track of the weight you lose and set goals every X amount of weeks/months and most importantly IT MAKES WORKING OUT FUN for lazy asses like myself who skip workouts TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES, now I can play video games and lose weight!! ahahaha

anyone else have this and if so, do you use it often to notice a change in your physique?

aha, lets see how long this lasts. Please post results every day =)

Images
    I'm happy for you and wish you good luck on exercising.

BMI is total crap btw. Going by someones weight and height to figure body fat is bullshit. Everyone is different.

Yes I'm fat but people have different bone mass, muscle structure, etc. It is impossible to put everyone on the same scale, so to speak.
    Going by BMI, 95% of people that lift weights to gain muscle mass are fat. Go with whatever weight makes you feel happy. :)

Fat Power!
    Last edited by x[mop]; 01-17-2009 at 07:22 AM.
    Illiteracy is sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by x[mop] View Post
    I'm happy for you and wish you good luck on exercising.

BMI is total crap btw. Going by someones weight and height to figure body fat is bullshit. Everyone is different.

Yes I'm fat but people have different bone mass, muscle structure, etc. It is impossible to put everyone on the same scale, so to speak.

Fat Power!
    I'm not fat, I'm big boned!

Images
    lol@this game

you'll maybe do it for a couple weeks.

Images
    You go conco loose that weight but if you turn into another richard simmons i'll haft to put you out of your or our misery.
    x[clan] 'Gamers with Attitude'

Images
    i dont concider myself fat, and people around me tell me how good I look (compared to what I was years ago). but yeah I agree the BMI is total SHIT. cause I do lift weights. blah, but its fun! we'll see how long it lasts, and if it does anything.

Images
    Conco i will be your wii fit workout buddy.

Lets do this!!

get the wii ski game. my sis got that shit we played it over christmas. so fun. good luck on the weight loss conco. however theres an even better way to lose weight that is more fun than any game. called sex. u may have read about it.

I just punched a hurricane! WOOOOO!!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[ninjax] View Post
    get the wii ski game. my sis got that shit we played it over christmas. so fun. good luck on the weight loss conco. however theres an even better way to lose weight that is more fun than any game. called sex. u may have read about it.
    oh boy, do I know its good! I am not obese, I am healthy (at least I look and feel it). But see my 2009 new years resolution BUDDY! more importantly the last one! its true!!!
    http://www.xclan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22216

p.s. will look into the snowboarding game!

hey Joseph, hell yeah man! my goal is to lose 20lbs in 6months. I have already lost 8lbs since beginning of December 08 from gym/working out at home plus eating healthier foods (oh and I have been a vegetarian since December 07, so I don't eat sushi anymore!! weird huh?). This year is THE year for me to lose body fat and tone up and add muscle! what about you?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[ninjax] View Post
    called sex. U may have read about it.
    lol!

I'm going to get one

What type of fitness games are there?
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Images
    http://i.gizmodo.com/5134827/why-you...ym-memberships

wii fit is useless shit. everyone that's used it says the same.

go run and eat right.

Quote Originally Posted by x[sliver] View Post
    http://i.gizmodo.com/5134827/why-you...ym-memberships

wii fit is useless shit. everyone that's used it says the same.

go run and eat right.
    I actually walk 2 miles three times a week and I try to eat right. I can't afford to go to the gym right now. My apartments have a universal gym and I know how to use the machine but I donít know how much weight to use or how many reps with out hurting myself. I mean I can go in there and start benching 150 and doing a couple until I can do it anymore... but then again I hear this is bad and you can end up causing more damage than good. I suppose I can look this shit up on the internet but, nothing beats having a trainer.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Images
    try jogging, walking doesnt do much

walking does the same as running, for the most part. If you walk for an hour, its the same as running for 15 minutes give or take. You burn the same amount of calories.

Running/jogging does have the advantage of increasing your heart rate which will speed up you metabolism and also make the rest of your workout (weight lifting) more productive.

sliver is just mad because MS didnt come up with xbox360 fit.
    Go to work, send your kids to school.
    Follow fashion, act normal.
    Walk on the pavement, watch T.V.
    Save for your old age, obey the law.
    Repeat after me: I am free.

Thread Information