Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna be a new daddy!

Images
    Hey Gunman, on the "1 x Bullet Button & Bullet Tool Combo - $29.49", what's the Bullet Tool? Is it affixed to the rifle? It sure would be nice to not have to pick up a loose round every time to pop out the magazine.

Provoker - an M14 is my next rifle if I can somehow ensure my wife won't shoot me for buying it.

Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo] View Post
    Hrmmm...someone needs to design something that slips over the magazine holder with a little pointy thing that hovers over the bullet button. Although, that might make the rifle evil and illegal? Does the "tool" have to be detached from the firearm?

Check out my cool schematic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doohicky.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	4587  

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[adambomb] View Post
    Hrmmm...someone needs to design something that slips over the magazine holder with a little pointy thing that hovers over the bullet button. Although, that might make the rifle evil and illegal? Does the "tool" have to be detached from the firearm?

Check out my cool schematic:
    I'd imagine it can't be attached to the firearm. After all, a normal mag release is just a button that pushes on the release (or is the release). Essentially the same thing you're describing, just with one less step.

It's a fine line, I certainly wouldn't risk assault weapon charges for attaching the tool to the rifle, but if you have money to burn on a legal battle go for it.

Someone did modify a pair of gloves with a small metal tip that extends from the end of the index finger, which can release the mag when a BB is installed. I'll have to search for the thread, but I think it was on calguns.

edit: here's the link http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ighlight=glove

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skatter View Post
    It's a fine line, I certainly wouldn't risk assault weapon charges for attaching the tool to the rifle, but if you have money to burn on a legal battle go for it.

Someone did modify a pair of gloves with a small metal tip that extends from the end of the index finger, which can release the mag when a BB is installed. I'll have to search for the thread, but I think it was on calguns.

edit: here's the link http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ighlight=glove
    I think I might take it one step further. I'm going in to the plastic surgeon to get sub dermal implants. I'll have the tool implanted in my skin so I can legally eject the magazine without gloves or off-hand tools!

I think I might take it one step further. I'm going in to the plastic surgeon to get sub dermal implants. I'll have the tool implanted in my skin so I can legally eject the magazine without gloves or off-hand tools!
    I think an easier solution would be to move out of California. :-)

Images
    Get a boob job while you're at it.

have fun with your new toys while you can...

----

California Anti-Gun Bills Advancing in Sacramento

On June 3, the Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962 by a 42-31 vote. AB962 now heads to the Senate where it has been assigned to the Senate Public Safety Committee. Also on June 3, Senate Bill 585 passed the Senate by a vote of 21-18. It now moves to the Assembly where it will be considered by the Assembly Public Safety Committee. No hearing dates have been scheduled for either bill.

Sponsored by Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), AB962 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor” in the Department of Justice’s database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require purchasers submit to fingerprinting, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited.

SB585, introduced by State Senator Mark Leno (D-3), would prohibit the sale of firearms and ammunition on the property or inside the buildings that comprise the Cow Palace. In short, SB585 is a stepping-stone to banning gun shows on all publicly-owned property in California.

It is imperative that you stand-up and respectfully make your voices heard! Please contact the members of the Senate Public Safety Committee and urge them to oppose AB962. Also, please contact the members of the Assembly Committee on Public Safety and insist that they defeat SB585. Contact information can be found below.
    OMGHI2U!

Images
    California = lame
    "....everyone wants to come to my house to RAGE."

Yep, those are pretty 'spensive. I bought a cheapy off eBay to mess around with, but it's a piece of crap. Stalker's optic seems like a good middle ground between price and quality. What is that Stalker, a Nikon? My M4 needs some mod lovin'...
    I have a Nikon Monarch VSD on my AR15. I'm still happy with it and haven't had any problems. It's still zeroed after 4 years and ~4000 rounds. Still on the original batteries too.

Twitch123 Guest
    Does anyone know the legality on this?

http://www.autoweapons.com/photos07/nov/lmtgl.html

The guy wants to sell it for $1,795. Where can I find ammo at for this?
    Last edited by Twitch123; 06-12-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Images
    lol, I was just talking about that with Eric today, David.

Yes. It's legal. It's considered an "evil feature" just like a pistol grip or front pistol grip - so you'll need a non-removable mag to keep that feature on your AR within the law.

Here's a thread on it;
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=176597

Here's a flow-chart that explains legality of ARs and their features.
    http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

When looking at the flowchart, substitute the term "evil feature" for that handy dandy gren launcher!

Images
    Hey Gunman, on the "1 x Bullet Button & Bullet Tool Combo - $29.49", what's the Bullet Tool? Is it affixed to the rifle? It sure would be nice to not have to pick up a loose round every time to pop out the magazine.

Provoker - an M14 is my next rifle if I can somehow ensure my wife won't shoot me for buying it.
    Chongo beat me to it, but I went a step further and got the Bullet Button Wrench from riflegear as well.

This one can actually function two ways. The first is just like using a spent shell or the other part of the BB combo they have. This one also can be used to assist in the installation of the initial Bullet Button, and if you keep turning, it'll stay on as an external mag release button.

I wouldn't recommend using it in the latter form while in our wonderful state, but if you're traveling to ANY of the bordering states to go shooting, it can be used there.

Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Images
    The AR lower is a bitch to put together from scratch...or so I've heard. There are dozens of tiny parts that can easily be lost...if I were to work on one. Personally I don't know how this rifle ever went to war.

That being said, ARs are pleasant to shoot and very easy to handle. I would like to own a few of them...if they were "more" legal.

I have not tried one with EOtech sight. I haven't decided if I should get a EOtech 512 or 516...if I had a rifle to put one on.

Anyone into Airsoft? There are very realistic M203 grenade launchers built for Airsoft. It would be funny if you can put one of those on your AR....and maybe paint the muzzle of your rifle bright orange.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

-- Sledge Hammer

Images
    Pretty cool Gunman, thanks for the info.

I had a quick look on eBay for some ACOG scopes and was blown away by how much they cost. There was a used one going for $255 and the new ones cost upwards of $700. Holy shit! Is it really worth it for the casual shooter at the range? Maybe if I were shipping off to Iraq or something...

Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    The AR lower is a bitch to put together from scratch...or so I've heard. There are dozens of tiny parts that can easily be lost...if I were to work on one. Personally I don't know how this rifle ever went to war.
    Designed in 1957.

Learn to live with it i guess?

Lower assembly is pretty easy, you just have to take careful steps not to mar the finish. Unless you want the battle look, lol.

Images

Images
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2304 (Large).jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	4590  

Images
    That PMC Bronze is some good stuff. It's fairly expensive compared to Wolf, but out of 400 rds so far, not one hasn't gone bang.

And I'm a BIG fan of Winchester White Box .45 auto in my XD. I seriously depleted my cache about 2 weeks ago with my old man, so I'm down to 2 boxes of WWB and 20 rds of Federal HydraShok's which are loaded into 2 mags nestled snugly beside my bed.

Out the 100TX, through the Linksys router, down the cable modem, over the tap,

off the bridge, past the node, straight up the gateway, around the cap, past the head end office....
    Nothin' but 'Net

Thread Information