Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ufc 100

1. Quote Originally Posted by x[method] View Post
    He's a good wrestler... but that's really it. He's just a big dumb animal that can take you down and pin you there while he beats on you...
    But isn't that why everyone has been slobbering all over GSP's nuts for the last week? Minus the part about inflicting dmg and actually finishing the fight? To me that was the most boring fight of the night, the only dmg he inflicted was to his own groin, but everyone loves GSP so it's ok. Pretty sure all Randy had going for him at the 5th career fight mark was his wrestling and basic striking as well. Don't get me wrong, I understand why ppl don't like him, but I don't think his skill should be the reason, attitude..sure.

I also don't really think it's dumb to use whatever advantage you have within the rules. It's not lesnar's problem that his opponents are giving up 20+ lbs to him, prolly closer to 40 once re-hydrated, I would say that's Dana's problem to find some heavier heavyweights that are worthy of the octogon.

Quote Originally Posted by x[malikai] View Post
    But isn't that why everyone has been slobbering all over GSP's nuts for the last week? Minus the part about inflicting dmg and actually finishing the fight? To me that was the most boring fight of the night, the only dmg he inflicted was to his own groin, but everyone loves GSP so it's ok. Pretty sure all Randy had going for him at the 5th career fight mark was his wrestling and basic striking as well. Don't get me wrong, I understand why ppl don't like him, but I don't think his skill should be the reason, attitude..sure.

I also don't really think it's dumb to use whatever advantage you have within the rules. It's not lesnar's problem that his opponents are giving up 20+ lbs to him, prolly closer to 40 once re-hydrated, I would say that's Dana's problem to find some heavier heavyweights that are worthy of the octogon.
    People slobber on GSP's nuts because he's about as complete of a fighter as it gets. He has amazing stand up with even better wrestling and jiu jitsu. He beats everyone at their own game, whether it's Matt Hughes at wrestling or BJP at striking/ jits. The reason the fight was "boring" was because it's two well rounded pros at the top of their game which can sometimes cause their respective strategies to get neutralized.

The only thing Lesnar has is wrestling. He's "working" on the rest, but as you said he doesn't really need it. Just an insanely strong wrestler is enough to beat most of the heavyweights in the UFC. Sure he may land a punch standing up now and then, but that's all it will take. He's simply too fast and too strong - he's not at all well rounded or even strategic in his approach. Which is the reason he doesn't get much respect from people. Personally I like guys like Jon Fitch that arent necessarily born with amazing talent but just go out there and outwit (most of) their opponents time and again.

3. I tend to like the active bjj guys. Nate Diaz (as long as he's fighting, not talking) and Dustin Hazzlett are a couple who's fights I won't miss. I also won't miss a lesnar fight because (except randy) all his opponents talk so much wwe trash in the hyping that it's hilarious to me when they get demolished. The guy is a freak, no one that size should be that fast, but he is, and that's his opponent's problem, not his.

Mir 1 his inexperience showed and he got caught, and even helped sink the hold in deeper.
    Herring's experience was supposed to be too much for him.
    Randy's gameplanning was supposed to stifle and frustrate him.
    Mir 2 was supposed to be more of the same as the 1st.

If he was brought into the UFC witth the contract he has and fed cans I could understand why ppl discredit his skill-set. But he hasn't been. He's been fed top-tier opponents in his weight class and maybe 1 "gatekeeper" (I hate that term) that all were supposed expose some weakness, and all except Mir1 failed.

Images
    i saw BJ Penn at Anjin in costa mesa yesterday

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[malikai] View Post
    But isn't that why everyone has been slobbering all over GSP's nuts for the last week? Minus the part about inflicting dmg and actually finishing the fight? To me that was the most boring fight of the night, the only dmg he inflicted was to his own groin....
    you must have been paying too much attention to gsp nuts to notice alvez's face. i seriously hope lesnar gets a beating by carwin or whoever, even if he wins just as long as he gets a beating becasue the mir fight was really one sided and i maintain mir had a thigh/leg injury and couldnt do anything from guard.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[jenny] View Post
    you must have been paying too much attention to gsp nuts to notice alvez's face. i seriously hope lesnar gets a beating by carwin or whoever, even if he wins just as long as he gets a beating becasue the mir fight was really one sided and i maintain mir had a thigh/leg injury and couldnt do anything from guard.
    speaking of GSP's nuts. They did stand out didn't they. epic.

7. Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo] View Post
    speaking of GSP's nuts. They did stand out didn't they. epic.
    I soo wish he would stop wearing the grape smugglers.

Thread Information