Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap AR Ammo

DPRK, Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    So wait, according to you a 1911 with a 10 round magazine is a "low-high capacity" magazine then right?

So for an AR-15 set up to shoot .458 socom, what magazines are considered what by your definition?

The word is too generic when applying it to specific fire arms.
    It all depends on what the gun was designed with.

It's a very difficult concept for politicians. They want an easy to deal with arbitrary number rather than a case by case thing. A good example would be the "zero tolerance" rules for drugs and weapons in schools. Get caught with a Tylenol, well that's just the same as smoking crack.
    Trust me. I know what I am doing.

-- Sledge Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by x[con] View Post
    It all depends on what the gun was designed with.

It's a very difficult concept for politicians. They want an easy to deal with arbitrary number rather than a case by case thing.
    .458 Socom is an upper that uses standard AR magazines, a 20-round magazine holds 6 or 7 rounds. So if one mag holds 6 and another one holds 7 which is what capacity, in your terms? I just like to call them what they are: 6/rnd mag or 7/rnd mag.

What if a buy a production 1911 and it comes with a a 8/rnd magazine? In your magazine naming conventions that would be a high-capacity mag as most 1911's use 7/rnd mags, but this one came with the gun? What I am getting at is not everyone knows how many rounds each magazine holds for what gun and why your (or anyone else who uses it) naming system sucks.

Regarding the "large-capacity" of the california law, sure I don't think it was the best name, "limited/restricted-capacity" may have been a better choice. But it is the law and when a legal topic comes up I will still use the term in the ca penal code.

A good example would be the "zero tolerance" rules for drugs and weapons in schools. Get caught with a Tylenol, well that's just the same as smoking crack.
    That is a horrible example, Tylenol is not a controlled substance, if a student was expelled for that it was that schools discretion and has nothing to do with "politicians".

48915. (a) Except as provided in subdivisions (c) and (e), the
    principal or the superintendent of schools shall recommend the
    expulsion of a pupil for any of the following acts committed at
    school or at a school activity off school grounds, unless the
    principal or superintendent finds that expulsion is inappropriate,
    due to the particular circumstance:

(1) Causing serious physical injury to another person, except in
    self-defense.
    (2) Possession of any knife or other dangerous object of no
    reasonable use to the pupil.
    (3) Unlawful possession of any controlled substance listed in
    Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 11053) of Division 10 of the
    Health and Safety Code, except for the first offense for the
    possession of not more than one avoirdupois ounce of marijuana, other
    than concentrated cannabis.

(4) Robbery or extortion.
    (5) Assault or battery, as defined in Sections 240 and 242 of the
    Penal Code, upon any school employee.

Images
    .458 Socom is an upper that uses standard AR magazines, a 20-round magazine holds 6 or 7 rounds. So if one mag holds 6 and another one holds 7 which is what capacity, in your terms? I just like to call them what they are: 6/rnd mag or 7/rnd mag.
    Are those magazines designed specifically for the 458 socom? Can you show me the drawings for manufacture those specifically designed mags?

What if a buy a production 1911 and it comes with a a 8/rnd magazine? In your magazine naming conventions that would be a high-capacity mag as most 1911's use 7/rnd mags, but this one came with the gun? What I am getting at is not everyone knows how many rounds each magazine holds for what gun and why your (or anyone else who uses it) naming system sucks.
    What was that 1911 designed with?

Regarding the "large-capacity" of the california law, sure I don't think it was the best name, "limited/restricted-capacity" may have been a better choice. But it is the law and when a legal topic comes up I will still use the term in the ca penal code.
    That's why I said we should determine that on a "case by case" basis. A blanket law is never good.

That is a horrible example, Tylenol is not a controlled substance, if a student was expelled for that it was that schools discretion and has nothing to do with "politicians".
    It's a good example of a horrible rule. The rules were implemented by politicians. School board members are politicians. Their names were on the government ballot. That makes them politicians. Just like a judge or a sheriff.

-- Sledge Hammer

Are those magazines designed specifically for the 458 socom? Can you show me the drawings for manufacture those specifically designed mags?
    .458 Socom & .50 Beowolf use unmodified 30 round AR mags and hold 10 rounds. You could legally bring them to CA.

Images
    .458 Socom & .50 Beowolf use unmodified 30 round AR mags and hold 10 rounds. You could legally bring them to CA.
    EXCELLENT!!!

So technically I can buy an upper chambered in one of these calibers (just for legality) and bring a bunch of "standard" magazines for them into the state, and it'll be legal.

The only draw back is we still can't order these mags online.

-- Sledge Hammer

They are legal as long as they are sold "10-round" magazines. I have seen them for sale online to CA before.

Thread Information