Thread: Opinions, plx

Opinions, plx

Alright. So, Im going to buy .45 pistol.
    I've been eyeballing the Springfield XD, 5inch barrel for a while. Seems to get rave reviews, and I see more than a few police are opting to use this for their duty gun, which says a lot to me. I also like the price.

However, someone was showing me and HK 45 yesterday. HK's are a bit more pricey, but damn, they seem pretty nice. The XD seems to fit my hand better, but I like the controls layout of the HK's more. I dunno if it is 3-400 dollars nicer tho.

Any of you used/own either of these? I'm going to head on over to American Shooting Center and rent them to see how I like em.
    OMGHI2U!

Sig.

Images

Images
    love my xd40. IMO, the 5" tactical is a bit long and prefer (my opinion) the 4" service.

never tried the HK, but if you've already tried the xd45 and like it - I think you made the decision yourself.

They're definitely both shooters and it comes down mainly to how well it feels in your hand and budget. The xd40 fit me in both respects. Gunmanelite owns the XD45. Hopefully he sees this thread.

However, IF/When I go pick up another pistol, it would be a .45 and more than likely a 1911. For the price you'd pay on that HK45, you can pick up a nice 1911 .45. Or one for as low as $400 (Rock Island Armory).

yeah. I want a 1911 someday, which is why I want this pistol to be a 45 also. less ammo to keep track of :)
    I want the 5'. 4' feels too short for me. Remember, I'm 6'6" tall :) I've seen a 6' version of it in the elite truck display, but nowhere else.

I went to shoot those guns today, and it sucked. Both guns at ASC were not available because they were broken :(
    Last edited by x[doublevision]; 01-09-2010 at 12:42 PM.
    OMGHI2U!

Images
    suck.

Might want to try IronSights in Oceanside. Or even Project 2k in El Cajon.

IronSights is the closest to me, but I make the trek from San Marcos to Project 2k. The best range in the area.

Dunno if you know, but; many ranges have a friend or gun policy. You cannot rent a firearm unless you come with a friend or bring your own gun. Just an FYI.

People's Republik of Kalifornia in the Great US Banana Republik
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo] View Post
    suck.

IronSights is the closest to me, but I make the trek from San Marcos to Project 2k. The best range in the area.

Dunno if you know, but; many ranges have a friend or gun policy. You cannot rent a firearm unless you come with a friend or bring your own gun. Just an FYI.
    Yeah, I shoot trap and 5 stand at p2k all the time. Im actually a member there. I just didn't have the time to hike down there today.
    OMGHI2U!

I was in the same boat last year wanting a new gun. Something that caught my eye was the FNP 9mm or FN 45. I opted for the smaller FNP 9mm service pistol because of the many reviews and had spoke with quite a few officials that own them on the police force in Vegas and all over the country. You should for sure check it out and see if it fits you.

here are some reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWCu84Nk9Co
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfymM...eature=channel

Either way the XD is a great gun just didn't fit me personally at the time. My brother owns one and loves it but the FN just seemed to fit, feel, shoot, and take down so much easier.

Good luck to you!
    Comp Specs:
    Intel Core i7 920 Bloomfield 2.66 @ 4ghz
    EVGA E758 Mobo
    6 Gigs Corsair Dominator
    2x Sapphire Vapor X 5770 1GB GDDR5
    Corsair 1000 Modular PSU
    CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series CWCH50
    2x 500GB WD HDD

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo] View Post
    suck.

Let me know when you head to El Cajon next, I wanna go try out a few rentals.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[gizmo] View Post
    Let me know when you head to El Cajon next, I wanna go try out a few rentals.
    Next weekend.

I got an AR15, remington 870 12ga, scoped ruger 10/22, and a xd40 we can fire away with. What else do you want to shoot/rend?

Images
    i have a glock 17 9mm.....i love it. Expensive as hell though....if I were to do it over again I would get a .45 and probably not a glock (pricewise)
    "....everyone wants to come to my house to RAGE."

Thanks Slice. Ill check it out, I haven't really considered an FN (which is weird since I'm basically a Browning fanboi/geek)

How often do you go to P2K, Chongo. I don't think I've ever seen you there, then again like I said. Im usually hanging outside in at the Trap and 5 Stand range.
    OMGHI2U!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[doublevision] View Post
    Thanks Slice. Ill check it out, I haven't really considered an FN (which is weird since I'm basically a Browning fanboi/geek)

How often do you go to P2K, Chongo. I don't think I've ever seen you there, then again like I said. Im usually hanging outside in at the Trap and 5 Stand range.
    Only been there 3 times, in the past 6 weeks.

checked out a Sig today and god dammit if it didn't have a good feel to it. Heavier than the HK tho.
    TOO MANY CHOICES!
    OMGHI2U!

Thread Information