Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Obama sucks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,922

    Obama sucks

    That guy never wears american flag pins and I'm sure he's not at church as much as he should be. Instead he's chosen to focus his energy on this absolutely stupid initiative to create energy independence. What an asshole.


    http://www.businessgreen.com/busines...n-clean-energy

    Obama unveils $2.3bn in clean technology tax breaks
    More than 80 projects awarded tax credits as Department of Energy announces fresh $100m in green skills funding

    James Murray, BusinessGreen, 11 Jan 2010

    The Obama Administration announced a fresh wave of measures designed to accelerate the development and deployment of clean technologies last week, including the award of $2.3bn (1.4bn) in tax credits for low carbon energy projects.

    Speaking late last week, President Obama said the tax credits, which form part of the US economic stimulus package, would help to create 17,000 new jobs and encourage up to $5bn in private sector investment.

    "Building a robust clean energy sector is how we will create the jobs of the future, jobs that pay well and can't be outsourced," he said, adding that the tax credits initiative was "good for middle-class families. It is good for our security. It is good for our planet".

    The investment tax credits have been awarded to 83 projects in 43 different states and are worth up to 30 per cent of the value of each planned project.

    They have been awarded to a wide range of clean technology projects, including plans to deploy smart grid, solar and wind energy systems. The Department of Energy said that all of the projects were scheduled to be completed by 2014 and around 30 per cent were expected to be completed this year.

    The announcement came in the same week that the administration confirmed it is to distribute $100m in stimulus funding to 25 green job training programmes, including 28m to regions affected by the decline in the US auto industry, and award a further $47m to 14 projects focused on improving energy efficiency across the IT and communications industry.

    Meanwhile, the US Department of Interior's Bureau of Land Management (BLM) announced late last month that 31 renewable energy projects had met the standards required to qualify for its fast-tracked planning decision-making process.

    BLM Director Bob Abbey said that the 14 solar, seven wind, three geothermal and seven transmission network projects would be guaranteed full environmental analysis and public review before the December 2010 deadline for obtaining economic stimulus funding.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,922
    But seriously - Can someone help me understand why most working class has such a problem with him? He's creating jobs. He's building our future and our security by training and employing the very class that seems to loathe him... instead of sending them off to die in a foreign land. Why is this worse? Is it because he isn't creating tax breaks for the rich? Seriously. wtf.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    590
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by x[method] View Post
    That guy never wears american flag pins and I'm sure he's not at church as much as he should be.
    That's where I stopped reading. Who gives a shit.
    :notworkin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    China
    Posts
    2,693
    Images
    18
    Just for shits and giggles, here is what I cam up with off the top of my head.

    Because:
    1) He isn't creating Jobs the numbers are bogus (phony numbers used to justify stimulus plan)
    2) He doesn't believe the US is the best thing since sliced bread (we aren't perfect, but we are far better than anyone else especially when it comes to racism)
    3) He lied about creating a more open government process (see health bill - all bills actually)
    4) His green legislation is based off a faulty premise and people are starting to see that (is not most likely man mad and there is a conspiracy to cover up opposing view see "global warming emails")
    5) His general and inability to create detailed well thought out plans (see afghan offensive speech)

    Its very enlightened how you are so much smarter than everyone else that you feel personally offended that they dare disagree with you.

    -Have fun

    P.S. Do you realize what a crazy person you sound like?
    Good lord are there no good games to play?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by x[thorazine] View Post
    That's where I stopped reading. Who gives a shit.
    lol i was being sarcastic.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by x[bodyshot] View Post
    Just for shits and giggles, here is what I cam up with off the top of my head.

    Because:
    1) He isn't creating Jobs the numbers are bogus (phony numbers used to justify stimulus plan)
    2) He doesn't believe the US is the best thing since sliced bread (we aren't perfect, but we are far better than anyone else especially when it comes to racism)
    3) He lied about creating a more open government process (see health bill - all bills actually)
    4) His green legislation is based off a faulty premise and people are starting to see that (is not most likely man mad and there is a conspiracy to cover up opposing view see "global warming emails")
    5) His general and inability to create detailed well thought out plans (see afghan offensive speech)

    Its very enlightened how you are so much smarter than everyone else that you feel personally offended that they dare disagree with you.

    -Have fun

    P.S. Do you realize what a crazy person you sound like?
    So the basis of your argument is essentially conspiracy theories and I'm the crazy person?

    I'm not offended, I'm simply looking for a rational explanation into the mind of the other side. Looks like I won't get it from you, but I'll indulge anyway.

    1 - example/proof?
    2 - Because he believes that we have work to do to get back to becoming the best around, this is a detriment to his abilities? Why is this a bad thing? Would you rather he rest on his laurels?

    Maybe take 33% of his elected office in one of the presidential vacation spots? Don't confuse pride in country with realistic problem solving.
    3 - http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/home.aspx eh?
    4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nnVQ2fROOg
    5 - What exactly is your beef with that speech? Would you prefer:


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    People's Republik of Kalifornia in the Great US Banana Republik
    Posts
    2,738
    Images
    96
    Fuck Recovery.gov, LOL. What a load. You're fucking nuts bro.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    622
    Images
    1
    What exactly has he done for you in his first year that makes you like him so much method? I'm not by any means talking shit to you but I haven't seen this guy do anything hes said he was going to do. I've seen him spend alot of godamn money. On top of that his approval ratings are absolutely atrocious. That's not happening because hes doing a great job. Heres todays reports.









    I personally can't wait for November 2010 and 2012 elections.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    People's Republik of Kalifornia in the Great US Banana Republik
    Posts
    2,738
    Images
    96
    I also like the MASSIVE amounts of deficit spending. Spending so massive, it pales in comparison to the crap Bush did, but you don't hear anyone bitching about it.

    Cap and Trade: Making everything made in America more expensive. That will do wonders for the shrinking middle class and for all the companies that want to be competitive in the world market.

    Tim Geithner sucking every dick of every financial institution that gives him the time of day. I wonder how much that fucker profited off the deals he brokered.

    Janet Napolitano saying there isn't a drug violence problem on our border while Arizona has massive amounts of drug related kidnappings, as well as more drug related murders across all border towns.

    No reform in the financial market, no changes to how the SEC works. For fucks sake, the biggest ponzi scheme every was orchestrated by one of their own. That tells you how fucked everything is.

    Too big to fail banks getting their payouts and remaining profitable while everyone else gets fucked. Pretty much guaranteeing the class warfare that Democrats are supposed to stop.

    No overturning of the draconian invasion of privacy laws that Bush passed while Democrats railed against them (but still voted for anyway).

    No improvement in national security. The Fort Hood shooting and Underwear Bomber tell you have ineffective or ultra politically correct our intelligence agencies are. Not being able to call a spade a spade is pretty goddamn dangerous.

    Shit that's all I can think of for now.
    Last edited by x[killdozer]; 01-13-2010 at 11:16 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    What exactly has he done for you in his first year that makes you like him so much method? I'm not by any means talking shit to you but I haven't seen this guy do anything hes said he was going to do. I've seen him spend alot of godamn money. On top of that his approval ratings are absolutely atrocious. That's not happening because hes doing a great job. Heres todays reports.









    I personally can't wait for November 2010 and 2012 elections.
    I understand his approvals are down, what I'm looking for is evidence for why they are down. I posted a link and text to exactly why I think he's doing the right thing(s).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,922
    KD: Alot of what you mention isn't really fair to toss onto Obama specifically. I get that you are fed up with alot of shit, so am I. Either way, I'll respond to each below:

    I also like the MASSIVE amounts of deficit spending. Spending so massive, it pales in comparison to the crap Bush did, but you don't hear anyone bitching about it.

    -- The reason noone is complaining is because it's spending for a reason this time. It's to stimulate the economy by improving infrastructure. Same thing worked during war time.

    Cap and Trade: Making everything made in America more expensive. That will do wonders for the shrinking middle class and for all the companies that want to be competitive in the world market.

    -- Actually this is going to create millions of jobs in America and pave the way for the future of renewable energy while cleaning up the worst polluters. http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...310_825431.htm I'm sorry if your motivation for not liking this is because you think global warming is not real, but it is.

    Tim Geithner sucking every dick of every financial institution that gives him the time of day. I wonder how much that fucker profited off the deals he brokered.

    -- I'm not a huge fan of the way that went down either, but the fact is that the economy would have taken a huge shit if they failed. We'd all be hurting for a long time (probably better long term), but short term it would be very painful.

    Janet Napolitano saying there isn't a drug violence problem on our border while Arizona has massive amounts of drug related kidnappings, as well as more drug related murders across all border towns.

    -- Dunno what to say there as I'm not sure what the situation is.

    No reform in the financial market, no changes to how the SEC works. For fucks sake, the biggest ponzi scheme every was orchestrated by one of their own. That tells you how fucked everything is.

    -- Yeah that is one of my biggest beefs tbh.

    Too big to fail banks getting their payouts and remaining profitable while everyone else gets fucked. Pretty much guaranteeing the class warfare that Democrats are supposed to stop.

    -- see above

    No overturning of the draconian invasion of privacy laws that Bush passed while Democrats railed against them (but still voted for anyway).

    --not directly his fault, but i see your point. i know he said he would, maybe its a priority issue.

    No improvement in national security. The Fort Hood shooting and Underwear Bomber tell you have ineffective or ultra politically correct our intelligence agencies are. Not being able to call a spade a spade is pretty goddamn dangerous.

    -- what would you suggest he do?

    Shit that's all I can think of for now.

    Well, this was by far the best evidence for frustration I've gotten yet, so thanks. But IMO you have to take 2 things into consideration:

    1. How long it takes to get anything changed once the need is seen.
    2. Looking farther out than this year or next. Understanding the consequences of what we do now and how that affects what our kids are around to deal with.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    622
    Images
    1
    I understand his approvals are down, what I'm looking for is evidence for why they are down. I posted a link and text to exactly why I think he's doing the right thing(s).
    Uhhh...

    -- The reason noone is complaining is because it's spending for a reason this time. It's to stimulate the economy by improving infrastructure. Same thing worked during war time.
    No one is complaining? Since when? See approval ratings.

    -- Actually this is going to create millions of jobs in America and pave the way for the future of renewable energy while cleaning up the worst polluters. http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...310_825431.htm I'm sorry if your motivation for not liking this is because you think global warming is not real, but it is.

    First off, making everything made in America more expensive during an economic collapse is a horrible idea. See "Made in China"
    Secondly, There is no more proof to say that there is Global Warming then to say that there isn't. So stating it as a fact is simply untrue. ( Read the Global Warming emails where scientist doctored info.)

    No improvement in national security. The Fort Hood shooting and Underwear Bomber tell you have ineffective or ultra politically correct our intelligence agencies are. Not being able to call a spade a spade is pretty goddamn dangerous.

    -- what would you suggest he do?
    Spend less time trying to reform health care and more time protecting the people of this country. Which is what he is suppose to be doing.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,256
    Images
    3272
    Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    Secondly, There is no more proof to say that there is Global Warming then to say that there isn't. So stating it as a fact is simply untrue. ( Read the Global Warming emails where scientist doctored info.)
    The earth warming in recent history is not a theory, it's fact. The only thing debatable is why it's warming. So stating it as fact, is indeed true until the earth starts cooling.

    See
    http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    622
    Images
    1
    You are correct sir. I worded that wrong. There are many theories as to why this is happening. None of them proven.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    You are correct sir. I worded that wrong. There are many theories as to why this is happening. None of them proven.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nnVQ2fROOg

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,922
    Uhhh...

    -- ... yes?

    No one is complaining? Since when? See approval ratings.

    -- k... i was responding to his remark, see context.


    First off, making everything made in America more expensive during an economic collapse is a horrible idea. See "Made in China"
    Secondly, There is no more proof to say that there is Global Warming then to say that there isn't. So stating it as a fact is simply untrue. ( Read the Global Warming emails where scientist doctored info.)

    -- What does china have to do with this?
    Doctored info? Someone hacked emails and posted out of context and already established findings. I'm unaware of any doctored info, but if you have some, please lay it on us.
    Also, Oil isn't going to be around forever. So irregardless of what you think about global warming, you cannot disagree with the staggering impact it had on the rise of our nation and the impact it will have when the well runs dry. Short term pain is necessary as people will not change without it. The sooner americans start thinking about the age of oil prosperity as over, the better it is for everyone including themselves.

    Spend less time trying to reform health care and more time protecting the people of this country. Which is what he is suppose to be doing.

    -- k, noted... have any actual recommendations for what he should be doing?
    Last edited by x[method]; 01-14-2010 at 10:55 AM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    3,428
    Images
    60
    3 words...

    North American Union

    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...42d8d83be4f02e

    Keep stock piling that ammo

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Park City, UT
    Posts
    2,853
    Images
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by x[visine] View Post
    3 words...

    North American Union

    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...42d8d83be4f02e

    Keep stock piling that ammo
    What exactly is the downside of a North American Union? Just curious.
    Computer Specs:
    Intel Core i7 930 2.8 GHz @ 4.0GHz
    1. BCLK @ 200
    2. 1.33V
    3. Thermalright Rev C. - idle @ 35c, burn-in @ 72c

    ASUS P6T V2 Deluxe
    Corsair DDR3 PC1600 2GB x 3
    eVGA GeForce GTX 465 Core 352 x2 SLI
    2x OCZ 60GB SSD @ RAID 0 (Stripe)
    Silverstone TJ10

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    x-Japan
    Posts
    635
    Images
    8
    Nice video find method. Loved the 'febrile nitwit' comment in it. (^-^)
    inter arma silent leges

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sacramento, ca
    Posts
    2,426
    Images
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by x[method] View Post
    -- What does china have to do with this?
    Doctored info? Someone hacked emails and posted out of context and already established findings. I'm unaware of any doctored info, but if you have some, please lay it on us.
    Also, Oil isn't going to be around forever. So irregardless of what you think about global warming, you cannot disagree with the staggering impact it had on the rise of our nation and the impact it will have when the well runs dry. Short term pain is necessary as people will not change without it. The sooner americans start thinking about the age of oil prosperity as over, the better it is for everyone including themselves.

    Spend less time trying to reform health care and more time protecting the people of this country. Which is what he is suppose to be doing.

    -- k, noted... have any actual recommendations for what he should be doing?
    He should invest in farming whales and sea lions for oil.
    "....everyone wants to come to my house to RAGE."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Obama is our president because....
    By x[ninjax] in forum Political / Religious B.S.
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM
  2. Super Obama World
    By biohazard in forum Political / Religious B.S.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 04:17 PM
  3. Obama Acceptance Speech
    By x[adambomb] in forum Political / Religious B.S.
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 07:40 AM
  4. This Sucks!
    By {SM}Gambit in forum FPS Gaming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-23-2001, 05:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •