Thread: What do you guys think? I will apreciate any reply

What do you guys think? I will apreciate any reply

so arround december 20th, ronin whose real name is Ryan Antonelli was selling some random stuff i.e. videocard, ram, pw-supply etc. random stuff he did not needed anymore, so I checked his post out and offered him some cash for a couple of things.
    the first thing was a couple of sticks of ram GSkill DDR500 2GB those went for $35 or so, and also a video card, a Nvidia geforce 8800 GT for $60dlls, so the grand total was $95 bucks. which seemed like a great deal.
    I tought about it a couple of days and I decided to paypal him the cash, and since I had no time to pick te items up, we agreed he would ship them for the same price.
    after a couple of days I got the two items i bought from him. I installed the ram right away and it worked flawlessly later that day I told him about it and said thanks. But I did not had a system to try out the videocard, the computer I had only had an AGP port and the vidcard was pci-exp, so after a couple of weeks or so, not really sure but I know it was no more than that, I puchased a pci-exp motherboard at frys. I got home and gave the video card a try, in some bad luck I guess, the videocard did not worked, I installed it properly and had always storaged it in its anti static bag and every care and precaution was taken while handling and installing the card, so I know for sure the card was bad when it arrived, so I told ryan right away, he said that in no way was his intention to "rip me off" or to fuck with me, so he agreed to get the card back for an exchange. the next day I mailed it to him and after a couple of weeks we spoke via aim and he told me he had RMA'd it and that he got back a working card, I ask him as a favor to mail it back to me because I have no time to pick it up because of school and work, he agreed, I have waited for 3 weeks now and I have yet to recieve it, I have msgd him on aim and tru his phone and he wont awnser my msgs, 2 days ago I called him and asked him "hey man sup, is this ronin from xclan?" and he said no, then I said "is this ryan?" and he said no, I asked " is your aim bunnyhoppingpoh" and he hung up, after that I texted him and he replied "I not moslty awake" and something about his neck, I txted him back and said "ok no problem, I hope you feel better, just call me tomorrow" and he did not call me. I've tried comunicating with him for a few days now, and there is no reply on his behalf.
    I really dont know what to think, I wouldnt rip off anyone, speacially from this forums and eaven more if its has been so long that he stuck loyal to this community.
    This is why I trusted him, because I would certainly trust anyone with a x[tag] behind his name, no questions asked. I have always been arround, since 2000, and I have know most of you from old school cs, the days i was an x[member], lan, etc. and from reading what you post in this forum, and I've always tought all of you guys are trust worthy.
    thank you for reading, - hydrus
    Last edited by Hydrus; 03-12-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Images
    Sounds like he needs to send you the card or refund what you paid. If you wanted to be cool you could offer to pay for shipping once you have received the card as it sounds like he went through a lot of trouble to RMA it.
    Computer Specs:
    Intel Core i7 930 2.8 GHz @ 4.0GHz
    1. BCLK @ 200
    2. 1.33V
    3. Thermalright Rev C. - idle @ 35c, burn-in @ 72c

ASUS P6T V2 Deluxe
    Corsair DDR3 PC1600 2GB x 3
    eVGA GeForce GTX 465 Core 352 x2 SLI
    2x OCZ 60GB SSD @ RAID 0 (Stripe)
    Silverstone TJ10

I can most certainly pay for shipping, but he has to reply me msgs o call me back first so we can arrange it, if the cost of shipping were the problem I'm pretty sure I'd had my video card by now. I agree catzer I can pay for shipping.

Images
    ronin you want to weigh in on this?
    Computer Specs:
    1. BCLK @ 200
    2. 1.33V

ASUS P6T V2 Deluxe
    Silverstone TJ10

Images
    ronin or x[ronin]? we have too many ronins! but yeah hope you get your shit dude.
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

Images
    I think it's actually just ronin.
    Computer Specs:
    1. BCLK @ 200
    2. 1.33V

ASUS P6T V2 Deluxe
    Silverstone TJ10

Images
    I've bought a lot of stuff from Ryan and never had a problem... ever

I put him in the same category as sliver... nothing but quality

You say you bought the motherboard at Fry's Electronics... I think thats your problem, you killed it.

So, little insight here.

Anyone that knows me knows I don't sell broken shit, period. The card was tested before it was shipped out, it was in an anti-static bag, it was bubble wrapped in the packaging, and it was well packaged. Needless to say, I did everything I could to make sure it would arrive to the distant destination it was going to (maybe 100 miles from my house).

Took two weeks for him to get around to playing with the card, and the fact that it wasn't working when he went to put it in is suspect, but hey, I'm a trusting guy. I do, in fact, get the card RMA'ed. At this point, I told him I'd gotten the card back, and that when I had a sec, I'd package it up and send it to him.

Now, this is where things get hairy. My wife has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and a lot of appointments have come as a result of that. This has been a pretty strong occupation of my time, and frankly, most everything else has gotten put on the back burner, except for the necessities, including this thing with Hydrus. This is the first time I've kind of had a chance to sit down and actually get back with him (he called me at after 10PM one night, and I had no freakin clue who it was, and his accent didn't lend him any clarity). I'd taken 2 Vicodin that night to try and satiate severe back and neck pain (a backlash from a rear ending I'd gotten into about 2 years ago), and was pretty exhausted, and trying to talk to someone at that point was an exercise in futility.

Now, I don't write this as some sort of sob story, but to give Hydrus some insight into what I've been dealing with. Now, I will say I seriously question whether the card was DOA, but out of good faith, I resolved that part of the situation.

I don't have anything to hide...never did. Gave you my cell phone #, you have my home address, and you know where I work. Now, when I get a second (next week, perhaps), I'll package the card up and get it shipped off to you. You might even get something better.

Not impressed about this little incident you have going here, however.

Images
    Hey Chongo you ever find those harddrives?

Images
    As a matter of fact, no. I did not.

I am very sorry for your current situation, bue perhaps if you had replied any of my msgs, or had given my the slightest "hey, I'm busy with lots of shit, I'll ship it next month" or whatever I wouldnt get all suspicious aswel, I know you probably think I broke it, but I can asure you it came this way, I took me two weeks because I had no pci exp mobo and I had to save up to buy one, this is why I purchased a second hand use video card, so I can get it for less.
    in no way I assumed you ripped me off, I just wanted to get a word from you, ANY word, that is why in every aim msg I asked you to be honest and just tell me whats going on, I'm not angry, I dont dislike you or whatever, I just wanted to know whats up.
    now that it took all of this to know, I'm sorry but I had no other way. just mail the card when ever you have time or drop it by my office, I'll txt you the address. if you want me to ship in for gas or pay for shipping let me know.
    I really hopy you get trough everything, and wish you only the best.
    thank you.

Thread Information