Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chargers (2-5, 0-4 away)

Images

Chargers (2-5, 0-4 away)

See that is exactly why all the rivers man-love is BS, a true Elite level QB would have made either of those 2 throws into the endzone at the end of the game. Rivers ducked both of them.
    Good lord are there no good games to play?

Images
    Soon to be 0-2 lol
    "....everyone wants to come to my house to RAGE."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[lonedub] View Post
    Soon to be 0-2 lol
    Guess not... too bad...

Images
    You fags... They raped Jac.

Images
    Hahahaha... quality special teams there...

Images
    Our special teams rode the short bus to Seattle.
    The Only Poem a Man should evar know!

Women
    Sometimes I hate Um
    Sometimes I love Um
    If I were a cave man I think I'd just club Um!

:Beat_Them

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[bodyshot] View Post
    See that is exactly why all the rivers man-love is BS, a true Elite level QB would have made either of those 2 throws into the endzone at the end of the game. Rivers ducked both of them.
    Ah yeah you're right. Lets look at his stats so far on the season:

Yards Per Game - Ranked #1 - 362.3
    Total Yards in Season - Ranked #1 - 1087
    Total Touchdowns - Ranked #3 - 7

I know. I know. Only 3 games so far. Guess we'll have to see what the picture looks like later in the season when San Diego's receivers don't drop every other pass.

But just for shits and giggles let's look at the bigger picture. It's only fair right?

Highest Passer Rating (Career)

#1 - 96.8 - Steve Young - Active 1985-1999
    #2 - 95.8 - Philip Rivers - Active 2004-2009
    #3 - 95.6 - Tony Romo - Active 2004-2009

You're probably right. Philip Rivers is gonna be the only non-elite level QB in the pro football Hall of Fame. It's a shame really.

Images
    Stats aside Rivers has a polarizing personality with fans, you either love him or you hate him. Personally I love him for the fact that he cares so goddamn much, I know it looks like he is just throwing temper tantrums out there sometimes but he is just THAT passionate about winning and seeing his team succeed. Plus he is one of the toughest sob's out there. Before that AFC championship game a couple years back he underwent knee surgery a week before the game and then the crazy bastard played in that AFC championship game with a TORN ACL. Respect.

Anywho, watching the Chargers special teams yesterday was ridiculously painful.

P.S. John, does China broadcast American Football or do you have watch online or what?

Images
    You will notice I didn't mention anything about his numbers, so let me highlight my original post to re-clarify my opinion. Nice research though, I see Tony Romo is on your list and we ALL know how elite (and clutch) he is.

Quote Originally Posted by x[kbot] View Post
    P.S. John, does China broadcast American Football or do you have watch online or what?
    ESPN Asian will rebroadcast games (with all the commercials edited out... love it!!!) but its always a day or two after wards, so I just slingbox everything otherwise.

Images
    You will notice I didn't mention anything about his numbers, so let me highlight my original post to re-clarify my opinion. Nice research though, I see Tony Romo is on your list and we ALL know how elite (and clutch) he is.
    Yeah that one surprised me as well, just reporting the facts ma'am. And I'll give you one thing... all the stats in the world aren't gonna help Rivers if the rest of the team keeps playing like shit.

You've gotta admit though, it was both exciting and frustrating to see him make 2 TDs in a row and then 2 2-point conversions as well. That's pretty elite!

Images
    lol gizmo was about to make the same comment to bodyshot's original remark- "a true Elite level QB would have made either of those 2 throws into the endzone at the end of the game" - fact is he did but there was a delay of game penalty that called it back and lastly the drive before Rivers scored 4 times in a row. There are not many quarterbacks on the planet at any level that would make two touchdown pass's followed by two extra point conversions, back to back to back to back.

Just my $.02

I think I shit myself on that second kickoff return, esp when one of the Chargers stopped because he thought the first guy tackled him, it was right when Leon got triped up fell into another SeaDuck. Oh well that's what you get from the movtivation talents ov Norvall Redenbacher.

Women
    Sometimes I hate Um
    Sometimes I love Um

Images
    There's a difference between putting up good numbers and being a QB that knows how to win games.

"Stats aside Rivers has a polarizing personality with fans, you either love him or you hate him. Personally I love him for the fact that he cares so goddamn much, I know it looks like he is just throwing temper tantrums out there sometimes but he is just THAT passionate about winning and seeing his team succeed. Plus he is one of the toughest sob's out there. Before that AFC championship game a couple years back he underwent knee surgery a week before the game and then the crazy bastard played in that AFC championship game with a TORN ACL. Respect."

If he had surgery a week earlier how'd he have a torn ACL still? ...I'm confused. I remember him playing 1/2 hurt in a game with an injury way worse than LT, while LT was sitting out, but I don't remember the circumstances. Explain please (KBOT)

Images
    While confirming that he needs surgery on his torn right anterior cruciate ligament, the quarterback revealed for the first time that he had arthroscopic surgery to clean out the joint a week earlier in order to play in the AFC Championship Game.

Basically he had 1 surgery to clean out the joint then a 2nd after they lost that game which required 6 months of rehab.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[raider134] View Post
    There's a difference between putting up good numbers and being a QB that knows how to win games.
    At least the Bolts have a QB that can put up numbers and has one of the best winning percentages as a starting QB of any team, how are the Raiders QB's doing lately?

Lastly - Very nice and timely reply above Kbot, I sure you little sausage fingers naturaly greased the keys on that smooth response.

Women
    Sometimes I hate Um
    Sometimes I love Um

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[cavyr] View Post
    lol gizmo was about to make the same comment to bodyshot's original remark- "a true Elite level QB would have made either of those 2 throws into the endzone at the end of the game" - fact is he did but there was a delay of game penalty that called it back and lastly the drive before Rivers scored 4 times in a row. There are not many quarterbacks on the planet at any level that would make two touchdown pass's followed by two extra point conversions, back to back to back to back.
    So he is 1-1 in those situations (this season), because my quote applies to the end of game 1.

Images
    So he is 1-1 in those situations (this season), because my quote applies to the end of game 1.
    So who is your team? You an Eli Manning Fanboi? Ha ha ha, I hope not. Are there many people who even follow Amercian Football there and btw if the time zones work out you can watch live game www.atdhe.net (quality so-so but it is live). I watched the Chargers vs Jacksonville game on my Ps3 - not the greatest feed but I still was able to watch it live.

Women
    Sometimes I hate Um
    Sometimes I love Um

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[cavyr] View Post
    So who is your team? You an Eli Manning Fanboi?
    Fuck Eli....

I want to have his babies! \/\/

Images
    meh. Record doesn't matter for shit as long as they make the playoffs. Now if they actually gave the team that had the most points the ring at the end then this discussion would mean something, ala EPL. Wish MLS would change over to the EPL point system.

Images
    Body that picture you posted reminds me of my Avatar! XD

You know you secretly desire "The Mannings"

Women
    Sometimes I hate Um
    Sometimes I love Um

Images
    I'm sorry, but I gotta bring it up. What happened today? :P

Thread Information