Thread: Lord of the Rings Online

Images

Lord of the Rings Online

Anyone playing this? I assume it is basically the same type of game as WOW (seems identical to what I saw others playing), but with Lord of the Rings lore (and it is free, more or less--at least free to try out).

I have some free time for a few months and tried it out--seems fun. If anyone else is playing or interesting in playing, let me know. I can start a new char.

Images
    just when i thought you couldn't be any more gay....
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

Images
    :)

Images
    I used to play this game a while back with my brothers but had stopped playing for about 1.5 years now but my brothers are still playing it. It's a good game but lacks in the game where wow had done right allowing you to play either alliance or horde. Some of the quests are rinse and repeat very similar to WOW which was the main reason i got bored of the game but i did play it when it first came out and enjoyed it a lot. Lore Masters are cool to play and Captains. There is a pvp area where you can play the evil forces of Sauron but i think your toon needs to reach a certain level in order for that to open up to you. I think i played on Firefoot server but not sure.

I know after talking to my brothers this weekend that since i used to be a pay to play acct that if i decide to return my status will become a premium acct with all the areas i had before i had finished playing the game available where as if your free to play you will need to purchase these extras using turbine points or something similar. They are using the same structure as Dungeon & Dragons Online for offering people to play for free and it had made DDO hugely popular where as before this they were tanking hard. If youw ant to try out DDO you can playing with Drifter, d-rave and myself and can hook you up with early game help if you try it out. I enjoy this game much more than any other mmo on the market with all the character customization options you have.
    x[clan] 'Gamers with Attitude'

Images
    Someone needs to man up and go gay with me.

Images
    Haha I would but I'm holding off for swtor which is more then likely going to consume my life

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[kbot] View Post
    Haha I would but I'm holding off for swtor which is more then likely going to consume my life
    not really the game will probably suck. but i will buy it...and run around dual wielding light sabers...woohoo!!!
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

Images
    Have you even looked at the videos or read up on it and seen who it's being made by? It will be 2nd only to a Blizzard mmo. Then again you just truly never know...

Images
    yeah i read and watched the reviews. i've been following the game dude. im just not gonna have high expectations for it. also from hearing from people in the closed beta, the game is clunky along with seeing the videos from E3. bioware and lucasarts are both reputable companies, but the last good star wars game was kotor. gotta look at actual gamplay videos dude, don't just watch the trailers.

Images
    Of course it's clunky it's closed beta, sheeesh!

Images
    I'm gonna start calling you closed beta
    "....everyone wants to come to my house to RAGE."

Quote Originally Posted by x[lonedub] View Post
    I'm gonna start calling you closed beta
    hahaha

Thread Information