Thread: Anyone an excel pro/wizard/genius?

Images

Anyone an excel pro/wizard/genius?

I currently work as a supervisor for a visitation program - my staff supervises visitation between children and the parents they were taken away from to help facilitate documentation to support the return or permanent removal of kids from the home.

Currently we use an excel spreadsheet to map out the weekly schedule. Time frames down the left side column, employee names acrosss the top row, and visits piece-mealed into the time frames they belong. We map out all visits for the visit time frame plus 1/2 hour of driving on both ends of the visit for transportation. So a 3 hour visit actually equals 4 hours of work for an employee.

We had purchased a program to work as a scheduler that was essentially nothing more than a highly macro-ed excel sheet wherein we could list each family, designate which days of the week they would receive a visit and for how long it would occur. Then we could assign the visit to a worker as a "shift", and so on and so forth until it would create the spread sheet for us. In comparison to the manual designation we currently do this would have simplified things enormously as it would ensure all visits were covered by way of notifying us of which "shifts" were not assigned.

However, once having purchased this program, it is broken, and of course, we are getting no technical assistance from the place of purchase.

My question is, are any of you excel/macro guru's that could help me design a similar program, or even attempt to "fix" aka hack the program we have to make it work? Since it's all excel it would be quite easy to email out - I have to go back through emails to get the program key and all that, and can gladly send a mock copy of our schedule using dummy names to demonstrate what I'm attempting to relay. :)

I'm not excel illiterate, but I have never worked with major formatting/macros at all, and I don't even know where to begin. :)
    You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul.

Images
    Sure, I can take a look. Also, could you explain how its "broken" right now?
    Good lord are there no good games to play?

Images
    will do - got your message with email addy. I will send it tomorrow when I get to my personal PC - with more detailed info on how it errors. Gratzi body :)

Images
    Let me know if you still need help. I am an excel wizard (lvl68)
    Vin Diesel once showed me a video of him making love to my wife, and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!

Images
    My level 64 helm of VBA smiting will own you.

Buy seriously, becks I see nothing in my inbox, you send it?
    Good lord are there no good games to play?

Images
    hell no,.

In a perfect world I actually have time to do the things I need/want to.

but in this world I spent all week interviewing about 60 people for the very job I need help with the scheduling on.

Since I have this massive pinched nerve causing a serious pain in my ass and can't sit at my own PC down stairs in my cozy room (god I miss shooting shit) and am restricted to using my lap top while laying on my stomach, I haven't had the chance to get to it to send yyou the stuff.

And since i spent all week interviewing, i got done none of my regular job, which I brought home with me this weekend to pretend like I'm actually going to do it and get caught up.

However, if I actually find 5 minutes while I'm drugged enough to not care about the pain in my ass, I will get it to you. :) I appreciate your offer for help - both of you - and appreciate your patience :)

Gracias senors!

Images
    Reb, are you trying to open an xls file, and it won't load? You can try open office. It might look a bit weird, but you should be able to see the data.
    inter arma silent leges

Images
    nah - i got excel - it's a formatted or macro'ed excel sheet scheduler program thingymajigger doohicky whatchamacalit.

Thread Information