Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D3 is starting to Pull a Swtor

Images

D3 is starting to Pull a Swtor

It just seems like more and more bad news with D3, first their 1.0.3 patch kills fps (hmmm.... sound familiar?), then a large number of people stop receiving XP (bug requires you to change your password), now...

--------------------------------------------------------

If You Buy Diablo III Online, You May Have To Wait 72 Hours To Play The Whole Game
    In a bizarre decision presumably made to reduce server overload, Blizzard said last night that new Diablo III players may not be able to play the entire game. Here's what Blizzard Support Forum Agent Medearn says:

As of patch 1.0.3, when purchasing a digital version of Diablo III through the online store or your Battle.net Account, players are restricted to the Starter Edition for the first 72 hours (sometimes less). Players on Starter Editions have the following restrictions:

Act I up to the Skeleton King is available
    Level 13 cap
    Matchmaking available only with other Starter Edition players
    No Auction House access (Real Money or Gold)
    Global Play is not available. Players attempting to connect to Diablo III Starter Edition in a region other than their Battle.net Account's home region will receive Error 12. See the Global Play support article for more information.
    More information regarding the Starter Edition is available here:
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...ion-guest-pass
    Another support agent addressed complaints with a follow-up explanation here:

Outside of the issue that we fixed, digital purchases do require a review period before they kick over from Starter to Full editions. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone's play experience.
    The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight. :)

------------------------------------------------

Once again we feel the ever expanding nefarious impact of their "Real Money Auction House" money grab...

So now when you buy a blizzard game do you not only NOT own the game, you are not allowed to play it immediately. This is so fucking retarded it is making my brain cry, it takes about 1 hour to reach 13, if that... Sorry blizzard, you had a good run but its now looking like you are going the way of EA/Activision/Sony/Bioware...
    Good lord are there no good games to play?

Images
    Here are some good videos summing up my feelings as well...

Yeah I kinda stopped playing already. D3 was a major let down for me. Inferno is not fun as a witchdoctor. Not sure whose idea it was to give the class a bunch of kiting skills and then make its only good dps skills melee range. Brilliant. I really have a knack for picking these classes. WD is by far the most broken class with only 1 skill that really does good dps, and this patch not only didn't address any WD problems (all we got was a tooltip correction, yay us.) it broke that ONE skill we had that was decent. They also don't plan on fixing it until 1.0.4. Players find a nice place to farm? Hotfix it out. Break a classes main dps ability? Wait until the next big patch. Thanks.

I also don't like the fact that you HAVE to use the AH to stay geared because they lowered the amount of good drops we get so the AH doesn't get flooded, which would hurt their profit. The RMAH I thought was a good idea, and it is, just not the way they have done it. They tried to market it as something for the D2 fans and a way to protect their players from scams because item trading was so popular in D2. It's none of that though, it's a blatant money grab. Their true colors are really starting to show.

Images
    The last few months has made me hate video games. And Mumble wont let me connect to the x server anymore. The connect button is greyed out all the sudden. I miss you guys =(

Hey bled or bootyshot I got into the last weekend beta test for www.thesecretworld.com. It starts tomorrow and they gave me a buddy key if one of you wants to give it a shot with me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[bled] View Post
    The last few months has made me hate video games. And Mumble wont let me connect to the x server anymore. The connect button is greyed out all the sudden. I miss you guys =(
    works fine for me? you using 1.2.3? also try deleting the server and remaking? If it gives you password problems try using a different user name too...

WHO WAS IT AGAIN THAT TO US MUMBLE WAS BETTER THAN OUR VENT SERVER!?!?! =P

Images
    You most likely have the wrong server info. Copy/paste the below info!

Sever: mumble.xclan.org
    pass: xclan
    port: 64738

(someone should edit the post on the front page as it reads mumble.xlcan.org)

Bodyshot, those videos are my exact feelings too...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[bodyshot] View Post
    It just seems like more and more bad news with D3, first their 1.0.3 patch kills fps (hmmm.... sound familiar?), then a large number of people stop receiving XP (bug requires you to change your password), now...

--------------------------------------------------------

If You Buy Diablo III Online, You May Have To Wait 72 Hours To Play The Whole Game
    In a bizarre decision presumably made to reduce server overload, Blizzard said last night that new Diablo III players may not be able to play the entire game. Here's what Blizzard Support Forum Agent Medearn says:

Another support agent addressed complaints with a follow-up explanation here:

The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight. :)

------------------------------------------------

Once again we feel the ever expanding nefarious impact of their "Real Money Auction House" money grab...

So now when you buy a blizzard game do you not only NOT own the game, you are not allowed to play it immediately. This is so fucking retarded it is making my brain cry, it takes about 1 hour to reach 13, if that... Sorry blizzard, you had a good run but its now looking like you are going the way of EA/Activision/Sony/Bioware...
    yikes! that is retarded as aids...
    "i want you to take the frankenstein, the bling, AND the bling bling, and roll it up into a joint"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by minder View Post
    hey bled or bootyshot i got into the last weekend beta test for www.thesecretworld.com. It starts tomorrow and they gave me a buddy key if one of you wants to give it a shot with me.
    me me me!

Images
    Minder....

Inferno is a LOT of fun as witch doctor...I don't know what build you are doing, but I wouldn't want to be playing ANY class except witch doctor

me me me!
    So what did you think of the game man? It was better than I thought it would be.

Images
    I fucken loved it! trying to get the guys into it. What did you think ?

I thought it was great, the Illuminati were badass. I'm definitely getting it and I'll be playing on the Illuminati side. The pre-order headstart begins this friday. What weapons did you use? I ended up using the shotgun and AR. I might start with shotgun and one of the magics.

Images
    I rolled blood magic and pistols. The pistols were weak, at early levels anyways but they made my characters boobs jiggle awesomely. Blood magic was awesome though. Great DoT spells and a health shield plus Healing. Combat caught me off guard at first. Ive got 6 zombies on me and I'm freaking out running trying to cast or shoot. just as a habit but if you chill and use your skills your fine. It took awhile for me to get use to that. I cant explain it other than I've never played a game like it. The story is awesome. The whole premise is new and fun. I hope it will hold up. unlike swtor. And yes I will be buying it.

Images
    Minder get one of these guys to give you my number or ask Chongo and then text me

Miss you cuddles.

But seriously, text me.

Images
    Hes just gonna send you pictures of his small wiener. I fell for it.

Images
    It just keeps getting better, hahaha...

A loophole has reportedly been found in Diablo III that can, in effect, make you invincible. Which for a game that has a real-money auction house attached to it could be a bit of a problem.

While it only works for the Wizard class, there's apparently no restriction on which game mode (normal or harder) you use. The exploit renders a few effects inactive, but on the flipside, well, you'll be invulnerable.

A poster on the Blizzard forums says to active the exploit, you need to do the following:

Step 1: Select Teleport - Fracture. Bind it to a key
    Step 2: Select Archon, tested with Improved Archon
    Step 3: Hover your mouse over or near your charcter
    Step 4: Press Teleport
    Step 5: QUICKLY(!) Press Archon

Note that, given the consequences of letting people run around without fear of dying while picking up items they can sell for actual money, Blizzard will likely be working super fast to get this fixed.

well that sux, I actually liked SWTOR but with no one to play with I finally cancelled by sub.

Logged back into Wow and was playing around this weekend(and actually had a lot of fun) but was looking for something else, and it seems D3 isnt it.

I need another good FPS game to take up my time, and dabbling in TF2 isnt completely filling that void right now.
    x[ronin]

Images
    Im playing the secret world. Its pretty bad ass!

Images
    September is Borderlands 2!! zomg Happy Puke
    "....everyone wants to come to my house to RAGE."

Thread Information