Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D3 is starting to Pull a Swtor

People's Republik of Kalifornia in the Great US Banana Republik
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[ronin] View Post
    I need another good FPS game to take up my time, and dabbling in TF2 isnt completely filling that void right now.
    Tribes Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by x[bled] View Post
    Im playing the secret world. Its pretty bad ass!
    /\ gay

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[ronin] View Post
    well that sux, I actually liked SWTOR but with no one to play with I finally cancelled by sub.

Logged back into Wow and was playing around this weekend(and actually had a lot of fun) but was looking for something else, and it seems D3 isnt it.

I need another good FPS game to take up my time, and dabbling in TF2 isnt completely filling that void right now.
    Planetside 2 is around the corner!
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[killdozer] View Post
    Tribes Ascend

/\ gay
    Eff you dog!

Borderlands 2 all the way. Fun factor is off the charts!

I just punched a hurricane! WOOOOO!!!!

New patch for Diablo tonight looks pretty promising. Lots of class buffs, new paragon levels that grant magic find so you can eventually just forget about MF gear, and a few other changes. I know I will be checking it out. They finally made witchdoctor pets viable in inferno. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...88147?page=1#1

Images
    Diablo 3 Patch Highlights

Auction House
    - Auctions can now be cancelled at any point so long as they do not have any active bids
    *** Welcome to ebay circa 1992 ***

- Number of "Preferred Stats" allowed per search increased from 3 to 6
    *** "Boss, weapons have 6 stats, should we let people search all of them?" "SHUT UP JENKINS! what are the odds of someone getting a drop with 6 DIFFERENT STATS! stupid pikey ***

- Armor, DPS, Buyout, and Time Left columns are now sortable in the Search tab
    *** Nevermind... Welcome to Apple VisiCalc circa 1979... GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY! ***

- Stat increases which come from slotted gems are no longer taken into account when searching for equipment
    *** Stupid Lazy Programmer Checklist ***
    1) Get a list of all the variable from inept game designers - "Oh, just... +damage, +vitality, +life steal, has sockets, etc... easy sauce, Ill pump this out in 20min and head to 4chan"
    2) Blindly create filter for all the listed variables - "damn I am good at my job, but those QA asswholes are wankers.... my code is perfect"
    3) Go home and stick your dick in a blender - because as far as you're concerned "Cuisinart" + "Penis" are completely separate variables that can never interact in any unwanted way...
    4) Try to figure out why your smoothie tastes like Jergens and Tube Socks

Weapons

- Two-handed melee weapons have made more viable:
    - Two-handed melee weapons can now roll their own affixes for core stats as well as higher damage values (as compared to one-handed melee weapons)
    - Core stat values have been increased by approximately 70%
    *** "You want to use 2handed, well then you only get half the stats... WHAT?!?! of course it makes sense, do you have a fucking degree in game design? No? Then STFU... ***

- Repair costs have been reduced by up to 25% for item levels between 53 and 63
    *** Opps we were stupid and did not know what we were doing when we increased Repair Costs ***

- Destructible objects now have a chance to drop items again
    *** Opps we were stupid and did not know what we were doing when we removed gold drops from pots ***

Legendary Items
    - Many lower level Legendary items have had their affix count increased to 6
    - All Legendary items will now roll with at least one of the following affixes to ensure that their DPS is viable: +Elemental Damage, +Attack Speed, +Critical Damage, +%damage
    *** "God I hate our fucking forums, Who are those basement dwelling ass wholes to TELL ME that Legendary Items should be better than Blues, I have a FUCKING degree in GAME DESIGN, AAARRRRGGGGGGG!!!!! ***

Misc/Mobs

- Squirt the Peddler has permanently moved from the Caldeum Bazaar up to the Hidden Camp, as she heard people liked buying Health Potions up there
    *** Did you even have game testers??? ***

!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - Champion and Rare monsters will no longer enrage after prolonged combat, and they will no longer heal to full health after not being engaged
    *** They fucking admitted they didn't know wtf they were doing in an interview, were they said "Oh yea, we put this in as "gear tests", and to stop people from farming mobs above their level, but now we feel it is a bad gameplay mechanic, if you spend 20min trying to kill a mob you should not be punished even more, since you did just spend 20min trying to kill a monster"... REALLY!!!! WTF!?!?!?! Game Design Much?????

- Invulnerable Minions has been removed as a possible affix
    *** Really couldn't hire game testers could you? ***

- Players will now receive full experience and gold rewards for completing quests for the first time in Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno difficulties
    *** Yep, guess not... ***
    Good lord are there no good games to play?

Images
    - Stat increases which come from slotted gems are no longer taken into account when searching for equipment
    *** Stupid Lazy Programmer Checklist ***
    1) Get a list of all the variable from inept game designers - "Oh, just... +damage, +vitality, +life steal, has sockets, etc... easy sauce, Ill pump this out in 20min and head to 4chan"
    2) Blindly create filter for all the listed variables - "damn I am good at my job, but those QA asswholes are wankers.... my code is perfect"
    3) Go home and stick your dick in a blender - because as far as you're concerned "Cuisinart" + "Penis" are completely separate variables that can never interact in any unwanted way...
    4) Try to figure out why your smoothie tastes like Jergens and Tube Socks
    Holy FUCK!
    Comedy gold right there. Had to catch myself from spitting my Charlie Weiss on my monitor.

I know, I know, I shouldn't comment because I don't have a degree in game design, but I can't help myself.
    Overall, this just SCREAMS that the D3 Bilzzard team, if not the entirety of Blizzard, doesn't know how to make a game without MASSIVE flaws.
    Either their QA never mentioned these things, or if they did then they were immediately shot down by some pompous cock.

Images
    Are people still playing this game? Worst 60 bucks Ive spent in a while and John talked me into it.

Images
    so much negativity. it passes the time.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[jenny] View Post
    so much negativity. it passes the time.
    The butthurt is strong enough to transcend time and space to the point where the Jedi from a long time ago and in a galaxy far far away can sense it.

Images
    The butthurt is strong enough to transcend time and space to the point where the Jedi from a long time ago and in a galaxy far far away can sense it.
    Fuck that, I'm not butt hurt. This game fucken' sucked. I dare one of you to say you thought this game was awesome and worth the 60 bucks, especially compared to whats out there.

Images
    There isn't shit out there..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo] View Post
    word

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[bled] View Post
    Fuck that, I'm not butt hurt. This game fucken' sucked. I dare one of you to say you thought this game was awesome and worth the 60 bucks, especially compared to whats out there.
    Naw man I'm not calling anyone out. My butt hurts just as much as everyone else.
    I was just trying to draw an analogy for jenny so he can get an understanding of how deep the hurt is, for everyone.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[chongo] View Post
    Bullshit. I paid 50 bucks for the secret world and its been way more fun than D3. If we want to go on comparable's you can go to gamestop and grab a dozen dungeon crawlers more fun than this game. Hell, even the xbox market place has better. Everyone bought it on the name and thought it was gonna be awesome and it sucked. They grabbed a shit ton of money on something they could have made awesome. It was and is a quick cash grab.

Images
    http://kotaku.com/5937105/diablo-iii...for-diablo-iii

Jay Wilson, the lead designer on Diablo III, has issued a lengthy and public apology after being caught calling Blizzard North co-founder David Brevik a "loser".

He also talks about why D3 is a piece of shit halfway through...

"The Auction House has also proven to be a big challenge. It adds a lot of power for players to trade and acquire items. Getting a great Monk drop that you can trade for better gear for your Wizard is obviously a great benefit, but it does come with a downside. The Auction House can short circuit the natural pace of item drops, making the game feel less rewarding for some players."

*** Oh wait, you said explicit that Item drop rate was not affected by AH 4 months ago (although we all knew it was bullshit), admit you are a lying sack of shit! ***

"This is a problem we recognize. At this point we're not sure of the exact way to fix it, but we're discussing it constantly, and we believe it's a problem we can overcome."

*** Right, because the entire game design is flawed from the bottom up, OOOP HERP DE DERP ***

Images
    Naw man I'm not calling anyone out. My butt hurts just as much as everyone else.
    I was just trying to draw an analogy for jenny so he can get an understanding of how deep the hurt is, for everyone.
    This made me LOL. <3 you long time.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[bodyshot] View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5937105/diablo-iii...for-diablo-iii

Jay Wilson, the lead designer on Diablo III, has issued a lengthy and public apology after being caught calling Blizzard North co-founder David Brevik a "loser".

He also talks about why D3 is a piece of shit halfway through...

"The Auction House has also proven to be a big challenge. It adds a lot of power for players to trade and acquire items. Getting a great Monk drop that you can trade for better gear for your Wizard is obviously a great benefit, but it does come with a downside. The Auction House can short circuit the natural pace of item drops, making the game feel less rewarding for some players."

*** Oh wait, you said explicit that Item drop rate was not affected by AH 4 months ago (although we all knew it was bullshit), admit you are a lying sack of shit! ***

"This is a problem we recognize. At this point we're not sure of the exact way to fix it, but we're discussing it constantly, and we believe it's a problem we can overcome."

*** Right, because the entire game design is flawed from the bottom up, OOOP HERP DE DERP ***
    Yeah he apologized for the David Brevik comment but he still didn't apologize for the game.

Game is a LOT better after this patch. Ive been actually having fun playing. You guys should check it out. The loot still kinda sucks but it's fun again.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Game is a LOT better after this patch. Ive been actually having fun playing. You guys should check it out. The loot still kinda sucks but it's fun again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cheese_grater_slide.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	4913

Thread Information