Dumb Fuckin Flush Entity Packets

Hey does anyone know what exactly causes a flush entity packet? I never had them before and then all of a sudden the past 3 days theyve gotten gradually worse. Is something wrong with my counterstrike, or is it my connection? what do i do? i'm runnin a cable modem and i am dying to kill on cs how i used to without dumb fuckin flush entity packets fuckin up my score! [img]null[/img]

- CL_FlushEntity. What is this warning? Can I eliminate it? [james t]

[Possible solutions] - this error is a connection fault. Probably because you are flooding yourself out. If you use a 56k modem, test to see if you still get this when you set in the "connections" drop-box in Internet games to 33k or 28k. Also, set fps_max 30 into the console. Rate at 25000.

I was getting this “cl_flushentity packet” straight after “Warning – Connection Problems “, so I set my FLF in developer’s mode & found that I had problems with my “cl_download_ingame 0” just before & after “cl_flushentity packet” warnings.
    Now I’ve changed my “cl_download_ingame” from 0 (zero) to 1.

I have only played two maps since changing this & it seems to be work so far

ok cl_flush entity packet

When you modem sends out the information it sends it in packets ,
    when the message flush entity packet appears it means that one or more of the packets have been interupted mid way to its destination

As misuse said the cl_download settings can cause problem.

But overall the biggest problem is simply packet loss. And no, you don't get packet loss from drivers, from overclocking, or from different OS versions.

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: x[gibb$] ]
    ---------------------------------?who is this?---------------------------------

heh differant OS versions...

Images
    Oh...could it be my monitor causing that? LOL

I would suggest doing a traceroute then polling every hop on there and record the packet loss. A nice little utility to use for this is ping (windows) or if you prefer your gui try the program below.

If you have crappy packetloss from one hop this utility will automaticaly setup a letter to be sent to the company/admin.

UOTRACE

Thread Information