Thread: Anyone in Colorado?

People's Republik of Kalifornia in the Great US Banana Republik
    Images

Anyone in Colorado?

Hello Everyone!

I'm finally pulling up my roots from Southern California and I'm moving to Colorado sometime around September 8th!

Got a new job in Longmont after my last gig decided to close the entire business unit.

I know Sliv is in CO but is anyone else?

Any suggestions on where to live?
    When I was up there for the interview I did a big loop of the north/west Denver, Boulder, Longmont (north/south/east/west), Loveland, Ft. Collins, and all the way down the 25 freeway.
    I'm looking at some of the new homes being built in Berthoud because they're new, big, inexpensive, easy access to Longmont, and they have a decent amount of space between each of the plots.

See you out there!

Images
    Both Sliv and I live in Douglas County which is way south of your area. Read that Louisville (about 15 miles south of Longmont) is one of the best places to live in the entire country, although not sure what the cost of living is like there. Still, check it out!

Images
    when you move, let's grab a b33r or few...

Images
    I live in the area. Grew up here actually. Longmont isn't that far from Douglas county (~75 min drive), but I wouldn't want to do a commute between them. If I were you I would avoid having to venture into the I-25 corridor between the tech center and the Boulder turnpike as commuting there sucks. Most new development has been in the SE area with Aurora and Parker expanding into the plains. Louisville/Lafayette are easy commutes into the Boulder/Broomfield area and should still have some reasonable priced if dated homes.
    Golden isn't that bad, but if you are going to work in Longmont your best bet is staying close.
    If you like skiing, Eldora is probably your best bet as the major ski areas are mostly accessed via I-70.
    Fort Collins is a fun college town also with a Budweiser brewery and an even better New Belgium brewery.
    Mountain homes are nice and cooler in the summer, though not as many amenities and the ever risk of fire danger is something to be aware of.

Images
    New Belgium Snapshot ftw

Images
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I got settled in Longmont on the 10th and I'm staying in a furnished apartment paid for by the company.
    Did some home searching and I didn't check out Louisville yet. I started with Berthoud and then checked out Mead, plus whatever inventory was available in Longmont proper.

The company's office is located right next to the Oskar Blues brewery on Pike Road at the south end of Longmont.

Late to the Party..I live in Westminster, about 30 from Longmont..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by x[killdozer] View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I got settled in Longmont on the 10th and I'm staying in a furnished apartment paid for by the company.
    Did some home searching and I didn't check out Louisville yet. I started with Berthoud and then checked out Mead, plus whatever inventory was available in Longmont proper.

The company's office is located right next to the Oskar Blues brewery on Pike Road at the south end of Longmont.
    if you need a RE agent give me a shout. have a cousin who does that area a lot. we almost moved to broomfield.

Images
    OK Westminster. Rolled through there last Thursday on the way to and from the Great American Beer Festival. Nice place except that the 36 (I think) is a freaking war zone, lol.

Thanks for the heads up but the relocation company is providing the RE agents.

Thread Information